Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2023, 02:46 PM

21,882 posts, read 25,154,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Over the years I have found that a majority of days people calling in sick fall on Mondays. In fact with one person I currently manage and another I managed at another place, I checked the records and found that they were out sick on Mondays 12 and 9 days respectively in the previous year, and only one or two other days each.
'Course the real question is whether you'd rather have some mope on a Monday punching the clock or just have someone use a sick day. For a lot of types of work, better to have them use a sick day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2023, 07:03 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,310,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moguldreamer View Post
The latest office trend: “Bare-Minimum Monday” or BMM.

Entitled Millennials?

Bare-Minimum Monday is the newest workplace buzz phrase gaining attention, following Quiet Quitting.

I just shake my head.
I work for myself and I've always had a totally different orientation. Sunday night, I sit around about 10:00 p.m. and plan out my week to be as effective as I can. I carefully note all court proceedings, all client conferences, time blocked out for things like legal research, and any business lunches that I have scheduled.

A good part of it is just something many these days do not seem to relate too: Liking your job and wanting to do it well.

Old 04-10-2023, 08:37 AM

464 posts, read 314,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
And, one more reason that businesses are calling their work-from-home workers back into the office.
I was following a Youtuber that is in IT and worked from home making over $100K. She's about 23 or 24. Her company stipulated that everybody has to go back to the office five days per week so she quit.

Old 04-10-2023, 08:41 AM

464 posts, read 314,834 times
Quote:
Before I retired, I frequently handed out assignments on Friday afternoon.

"I don't need it by end-of-day today. First thing Monday morning is soon enough."
I eat and sleep at my workstation even on the weekends.

Old 04-10-2023, 12:17 PM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:

"I don't need it by end-of-day today. First thing Monday morning is soon enough."
LOL. I'd have handed it back. I did lots of weekend work and after hours...when it was planned, or whenever there was a system hiccup that required it. My job as a systems analyst and system admin pretty much required that. But THAT^^...nope. That would not have ever been done or expected, of anyone.

Old 04-10-2023, 02:00 PM

35,081 posts, read 31,313,313 times
This kind of thing is often just useless social media buzzwords for views.

Old 04-10-2023, 03:10 PM

1,065 posts, read 472,165 times
Quote:

One would have to wonder why you had the lack of foresight or planning capabilities to frequently position yourself so poorly.

Old 04-11-2023, 08:04 PM

6,353 posts, read 11,594,235 times
That bare minimum Monday sounds like every day in my life. I tend to rent to a lot of restaurant workers and they don't want me coming around doing repairs early anyway.

I did the office job routine for a while in my youth. But my hours were sporadic and I settled in with a boss that didn't mind me coming in late. After a while I figured as a 1099 employee he couldn't legally require me to be at the office at a certain time.

There weren't a lot of people in my town with my skillset as I had to go out of state for my degree. That helped, too.

As a mid boomer maybe I'm a trendsetter. The whole yuppie phase passed me by.

Old 04-12-2023, 07:59 AM

6,993 posts, read 2,709,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Just read that many companies are beginning to hire older and older workers to avoid the Zoomer and young millennial sloth and chaos.
Exactly. Sunday used to be the "day of rest". I have my most energy on Monday morning.

Old 04-12-2023, 08:15 AM

15,799 posts, read 20,513,219 times
Quote:
Marisa Jo Mayes, a TikTok creator who works for herself,

Can we stop getting our "news" from TikTok

-From a Millennial....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics