Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2008, 10:38 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,602,856 times

Advertisements

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Ford Motor Co., in reaction to growing demand for fuel-efficient vehicles on its home turf, is reportedly looking at retooling some of its U.S. plants to build compact passenger cars it has already been producing and selling in Europe.

Ford reportedly sets sights on building its overseas cars in U.S. - MarketWatch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 04:36 AM

9,367 posts, read 14,313,867 times
These overpriced, overeducated, overvalued, overpaid, greedy, arrogant buffoons are a day late and a dollar short.

Four years ago I wrote a letter to Ford and GM, when their credit ratings had already been downgraded to junk status, explaining why I would not buy one of their cars and why they were headed down a path similar to that of the dinosaur.

I bought a fuel-efficient gas-engine Toyota instead, and I expect it to last ten years (with my driving habits - consume about one tank a month - the Prius made less sense).

Finally Ford has responded, but a day late and a dollar short, and I still don't expect it and GM to learn the lesson well in the next five-ten years.

My next car will probably be a hybrid fuel-cell/battery/gas engine Toyota or Honda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics