Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 10:48 PM

944 posts, read 3,068,045 times

Advertisements

Has anyone got any news videos or articles that show mainstream media at least bringing up the timing of this fiasco as being evidence of the current administration getting what they can for their friends before they are out of office? This seem so obvious to me:

1) The "emergency" timed precisely when Congress would feel pressure to act due to campaigning schedules in home districts.

2) The "emergency" timed precisely for a time when the administration knows that few in either party--much less the presidential candidates--would dare risk being perceived as being unsupportive, that is, as being one of the people whose negative vote "brought down the entire economy."

3) That this whole thing serves as the other BOOKEND for this administration that ushered itself into power eight years ago with that false flag operation we know as 9/11 complete with its three neatly collapsing skyscrapers.

Please tell me that at least people see this, but that they don't care. That would sit better with me than people just plain not getting it. 9/11 was the set-up for the Halliburton heist, just as this "emergency" is the set-up for a continued payday for anyone who has contributed to key campaigns or who is a colleague of these criminals. It just makes me sick.

Last edited by hello13685; 09-30-2008 at 11:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 12:57 AM

1,658 posts, read 3,045,418 times
Its funny ain't it. Happening just before 2 landmark Presidential offices going head to head.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:09 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,097,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello13685 View Post
Has anyone got any news videos or articles that show mainstream media at least bringing up the timing of this fiasco as being evidence of the current administration getting what they can for their friends before they are out of office? This seem so obvious to me:

1) The "emergency" timed precisely when Congress would feel pressure to act due to campaigning schedules in home districts.

2) The "emergency" timed precisely for a time when the administration knows that few in either party--much less the presidential candidates--would dare risk being perceived as being unsupportive, that is, as being one of the people whose negative vote "brought down the entire economy."

3) That this whole thing serves as the other BOOKEND for this administration that ushered itself into power eight years ago with that false flag operation we know as 9/11 complete with its three neatly collapsing skyscrapers.

Please tell me that at least people see this, but that they don't care. That would sit better with me than people just plain not getting it. 9/11 was the set-up for the Halliburton heist, just as this "emergency" is the set-up for a continued payday for anyone who has contributed to key campaigns or who is a colleague of these criminals. It just makes me sick.
Conspiracy around every corner yesssir, that's what it is! You give these people wayyyy too much credit.

Or maybe it's the Dem's trying to fix the election so "the chosen one" is sure to be elected. No partisanship here, nope none...

Old 10-01-2008, 06:06 AM

1,658 posts, read 3,045,418 times
As of most things that America instigates, this could be orchestrated by the US so the two emerging powers: India and China don't get to powerful. US is number one and they wanna keep it that way.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:55 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,826,262 times
Shouldn't have posted this thread... now they're really out to get you!

Old 10-01-2008, 10:12 AM

944 posts, read 3,068,045 times
I'm not suggesting that Bush planned it himself. (Lord knows if he had planned 9/11 it would have failed!).

Old 10-01-2008, 10:54 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,826,262 times
That's the thing about President Bush. Some of the people that hate him claim that he's both incompetent and at the same time, responsible for putting together all kinds of devious things. They need to make their minds up - either he's smart or he's an idiot. Or maybe just playing dumb but that'd be hard to pull off for such a long time.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:59 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,482,704 times
Yes, this is basically a "take the money and run" scheme.

We are being bullied and threatened to accepting this $700 billion bailout -- money that could have been used to fund the next 40 years of social security, rebuild some of the country's old infrastructure, or pay for our health care.

What do we have to look forward to when this bill goes through? The banks will "pay it back" by choking us to desperation. It will be like the 80s all over again, when interest rates go sky high.

Notice that nobody is talking about reform or regulation or punishing the wrong doers. No, this is a huge payoff to the wealthy.

Old 10-01-2008, 04:29 PM

917 posts, read 2,303,176 times
Well for what it's worth, I pretty much agree with you and I do care. I just don't think there is anything we can do about it.

Old 10-01-2008, 04:51 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,315,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
That's the thing about President Bush. Some of the people that hate him claim that he's both incompetent and at the same time, responsible for putting together all kinds of devious things. They need to make their minds up - either he's smart or he's an idiot. Or maybe just playing dumb but that'd be hard to pull off for such a long time.
Does anybody really believe HE runs the country...?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics