Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 12:02 PM

1,436 posts, read 3,302,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neekah18 View Post
Ever wonder why there was such a high voter turnout and why he won by a landslide?
You need a bit more education. Since when does a 52% to 46% differential in votes constitute a landslide...

Back to the original topic, when corp taxes increase and they cut costs and down size to cope, hopefully you won't lose your job directly or via the ripple effect !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 01:04 PM

56 posts, read 111,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan_K View Post
You need a bit more education. Since when does a 52% to 46% differential in votes constitute a landslide...

Back to the original topic, when corp taxes increase and they cut costs and down size to cope, hopefully you won't lose your job directly or via the ripple effect !
That is not a landside. If you want landside you want to go back to 1984 or 1932

Old 11-06-2008, 01:12 PM

625 posts, read 3,636,011 times
Quote:

Perhaps you need a bit more education instead of crying on a forum about how unemployment is high so let's start blaming the president elect already. 364 electorial votes versus 162 landslide to me I don't really care what you or anyone else who wants to whip out percentage points want to call it. Get a life or a hobby please this is why I stay out of the politics forum. Bet you loved Joe the Plumber too!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

YAY PRESIDENT-ELECT OBAMA!!!

bye bye

Old 11-06-2008, 01:13 PM

56 posts, read 111,774 times
Quote:
Perhaps you need a bit more education instead of crying on a forum about how unemployment is high so let's start blamind the president elect already. Get a life or a hobby please.

bye bye
Get a life is the most cliched response ever. That is so easy to use, I am not even going to listen to that.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:09 PM

1,436 posts, read 3,302,945 times
Quote:
Perhaps you need a bit more education instead of crying on a forum about how unemployment is high so let's start blaming the president elect already. 364 electorial votes versus 162 landslide to me I don't really care what you or anyone else who wants to whip out percentage points want to call it. Get a life or a hobby please this is why I stay out of the politics forum. Bet you loved Joe the Plumber too!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

YAY PRESIDENT-ELECT OBAMA!!!

bye bye
Oh, I'm quite educated. If I were you I'd quite before you completely expose that rather large Axe wound called stupidity you are sporting.

I am not crying about anything ! I have nothing to cry about. I'm self made and retired ! I'm considerably better off than you by the sound and choice of your words and I'd say that it is a safe bet that you stay out of political discussion more so because you don't understand politics and economics above all else.

I'm not blaming any current situations on the Pres Elect, but my education and history tells me that the unemployment future is not looking too bright, especially under him... Sort of like you ! Sorry but I don't buy into bullsh*t statements with poor foundation. I guess I'm too educated to fall for that kind of crap as often as most.

I sure hope you will be able to enjoy your future as much as I will enjoy mine. Hell, look at the bright side, at least you'll have Gov handouts to look forward too...

Old 11-06-2008, 08:33 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,451,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
I wonder why many voters could not see that. We are going to fall hard. I agree that we are going to fall for a while.
And just who do you think got us into this mess? It certainly was NOT Barack Obama. Gaad.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:34 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,451,903 times
Quote:
Oh, I'm quite educated. If I were you I'd quite before you completely expose that rather large Axe wound called stupidity you are sporting.

I am not crying about anything ! I have nothing to cry about. I'm self made and retired ! I'm considerably better off than you by the sound and choice of your words and I'd say that it is a safe bet that you stay out of political discussion more so because you don't understand politics and economics above all else.

I'm not blaming any current situations on the Pres Elect, but my education and history tells me that the unemployment future is not looking too bright, especially under him... Sort of like you ! Sorry but I don't buy into bullsh*t statements with poor foundation. I guess I'm too educated to fall for that kind of crap as often as most.

I sure hope you will be able to enjoy your future as much as I will enjoy mine. Hell, look at the bright side, at least you'll have Gov handouts to look forward too...
Your punctuation could use some help, for as educated as you claim to be.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:40 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
That just takes us back to the 80's recession and nationally it has a ways to go.If it gets as high as the 70's with double digit inflation then you will see bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics