Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 10:45 AM

183 posts, read 1,263,323 times

Advertisements

Is anyone else out there as tired as I am of paying taxes. My husband and I own our own business so we get hit hard. I get a sick feeling everytime I have to pay. I dont mind putting in our fair share of money if that money was going towards things that are useful. I just hate paying when some or most of the money is going to waste. How much more do we have to put in to keep paying for those who do not work or do not want to work. It realy make me mad when Im told by our accountant that we are getting less money for the child tax credit because of the tax bracket we are in. Hell, we dont make that much money!!! My husband is out there busting his butt working 6 sometimes 7 days a week to support his family and he has to turn around and give his money to help support other familys. And this whole thing with the illegal imigrants is really pissing me off. They can come to our country work here and not pay taxes or give any money back to the US and we are suppose to turn the other cheek. My husband is in the construction business and this type of business is where a lot of the illegals are working and let me tell you they are not stupid they ask for $12-$14 an hour and the construction companys are giving it to them. They make more than a lot of Americans and we get taxes out on top of it. I'm all for giving a fine to any business owner who hires illegals. I heard that the illegals are protesting this. What gives them the right to protest anything YOUR ILLEGAL!!! They should have no say in what laws may or may not be passed. Why should they have any rights at all. And this crap about the americans are only trying to do this so we can discriminate against the Latino's. I have no problem hiring latinos if they are legal. We will not hire illegal imigrants. They need to pay there fair share like the rest of us. Did you know that you do not have to be an american citizen to purchase property in the US. So these illegals can buy a home here legally. I was listening to a radio talk show one morining and a man called in and was talking about marching for the rights of illegal imigrants and he said that he and his family have been living here for 20 years illegally!!! How is that possible. Maybe if every US citizen stopped paying taxes our wonderful legislators would do something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2006, 08:17 PM

98 posts, read 434,325 times
Oh I agree with you 200%.

I live near the town of Hazleton, Pa who passed the new law about illegals.

They are now getting sued by supporters of the illegals!

I wrote the town and told them I would like to donate some money(for litigation) to help fight these SOB!

we do Not want or like Illegals here in PA!

Jobs are hard enough to find for regular people(this is a depressed area) so don't tell me locals don't want the work!

Bad business's who hire illegals are the problem! They need to be fined- and the American Tax paying Public WHO ARE LEGAL should not buy from a business that does this.

Hazleton has it right--

P.S. Hubby and I were thinking of retiring to DE since Real estate Taxes are lower but I just found out today about the large amount of illgeals there and the laid back attitude of how they help their industry there! I realized today I would not fit in with DE 's way of thinking on this issue. Boy are they off!

Old 08-20-2006, 08:39 PM

we live in Florida. On every construction site there are illegals working. Whats sad is that the GC's hiring these people make a lot of money off of them and the large home building companys (some very popular ones) know that the GC's are hiring them. At any given time you will here a super for the large home developers calling the GC to warn them that imigration officers or work comp officers are on the property and to get there workers out of site. Next thing you know the whole development of crews is packing it up. We see it all the time. What needs to happen is not only the GC's who hire illegals should be fined but the home building company as well should be fined. The whole USA is being over run by these people and there is know where you can move to and get away from it. You want to have rights, then become legal like our ancesters have done in the past and pay your dues!!!

Old 08-21-2006, 07:33 AM

338 posts, read 1,445,102 times
Exclamation vacationing DC

Know what I'm sick of??? How the "upper crust" in Washington DC meet about our Country and our problems for 2 weeks, get paid ungodly amounts, give themselves a raise and then go on "summer" or
"winter" or "pick your nose" break for a month, come back, meet, give themselves a raise and continue their vacations... notice I highlighted OUR because the problems seem to be ours--they don't have problems they just drink, take prescritpion drugs and avoid being one of us as much as possible. No problems...Nice aye?

Old 08-21-2006, 10:33 AM

138 posts, read 468,405 times
I agree with you mostly! I live in Wyoming in summer, San Antonio, TX in the winter. I have had to have work done on my condo in San Ant, and you can only find illegals- and they do shoddy work! I could really get into the issue here, but it would be kicked off! I can say two things, that I know- one, not all taxes go to people who don't want to work- I am on disability- I broke my neck and damaged my back badly as a nurse, and have cord damage, and a great amount of medical problems due to the injury. I do not like having to be on my back, or a recliner almost 100%, but until something new comes up... And I worked many years. My Social Security is less that 1,300 per month, so I am not living high on the hog- quite the oppposite. But maybe this was not the kind of issue you were talking about. There are not only illegals sitting back. I used to work for the Federal Government- in Indian Bureau - Public Health. I worked on different reservations as a nurse. You will find a very great majority if Indians are on complete government income. Their homes are built for them, they get ALL medical care-even hand lotion, aspirin, baby diapers, formula,is considered 'health care'. They have the biggest incidence of alchoholism, drug addiction, diabetes ( from not doing anything but eat and drink and sit) than any other culture. Violence to their own and others is unbelievably high. When a house is built for them by the government, it is often torn apart so they can sell the copper pipes, electric appliances, wiring, etc. I have experienced this first hand. It seems to be especially worse in the younger generation- they have the attitude that "you owe this to us', and will even tell that to your face. Sorry, this generation did not have anything to do with relocation of Indians. So, I have to say, it isn't just the illegals, it also people that are born here. I could go on and on aboutmy experiences...

Old 08-21-2006, 11:06 AM

338 posts, read 1,445,102 times
Doesn't it seem like every one these days (younger groups) have their hands out and say " You owe us"--this kid (father of 2) told us at a grad party that he didn't want to work at this job he was offered because it was only 10 dollars an hour and he expected 14 dollars an hour...he has NO experience, never done the job (theywere going to train him) and yet here he tells us-"no way - not for that pay!" Hello! My husband and I both started out below that pay when we were first married! It's crazy!

Old 08-21-2006, 08:03 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,983,593 times
Default I'm ok with taxes

Hey Mom4, I hear your frustration, it's just tied into so many other issues and they really have to be addressed separately. I too am sick of the illegal migrants and that's one reason why I will not support John McCain or any politician Republican or Democratic who takes a soft line on illegals. It's absurd.
However, I'm ok with taxes (though I realize you're in a position where yours revolve around running a business). For me, my best tax experiences have revolved around the IRS! I had an issue about 10 years ago and got fantastic customer service from them. I also overpaid my taxes this past year and got a revised Tax Return from the IRS with a refund attached and an explanation that I'd overpaid! Could have knocked me over with a feather
Personally, I feel our taxes are rather low and I don't resent them at all. I do think though that our politicians in Washington on both sides of the aisles have failed us. My bile rises when I see Cheney appear on television, my bowels begin to move when I see Hillary Clinton on television. My blood begins to boil when I listen to John McCain defend illegals and giving them fast track citizenship, and in general I'm determined to vote against every incumbant running for office in November. F them all is my attitude right now. Other than that, I'm satisfied with life in general

Old 08-21-2006, 09:44 PM

Default Dc3

When I made the comment that im tired of paying taxes for people who dont want to work it was not about people like you. I ment the people who sit home and are able to work but do not want to because they get a free ride from our government. You paid your dues toward taxes and now its time for people who are in your type of position to get paid back. Unfortunately I dont think you get enough in SS to help with your living expensives. That also bothers me. We work hard, pay our dues and there are a lot of americans out there who cant get by on what SS gives them.

Old 08-21-2006, 09:51 PM

Default Momark

I am very happy that you had a good experience with the IRS after all they are suppose to be the new FRIENDLY IRS willing to help everyone. Just dont be one day late paying on your taxes because they will charge you penaltys and interest that will knock your socks off!!! I like to know what they are going to do with the illegals once they start allowing them to stay in the US legally. Will they be subjected to back taxes, penatlys and interest?

Old 08-22-2006, 07:13 AM

246 posts, read 328,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathersmom View Post
Doesn't it seem like every one these days (younger groups) have their hands out and say " You owe us"--this kid (father of 2) told us at a grad party that he didn't want to work at this job he was offered because it was only 10 dollars an hour and he expected 14 dollars an hour...he has NO experience, never done the job (theywere going to train him) and yet here he tells us-"no way - not for that pay!" Hello! My husband and I both started out below that pay when we were first married! It's crazy!
It's an age-old complaint. Older generations love to have a coronary over the high expectations of the younger generation, but when it comes time to collect that Social Security check, ain't nobody griping about these overpaid kids anymore.

Magpies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics