Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2010, 09:21 PM

2,839 posts, read 9,984,553 times

Advertisements

My family has been fortunate enough to be able to host three foreign exchange students in the past. We are currently working with our local school district to see if they will take another foreign student this year as well. The agency that we are working with told me that they have 400 students that have not been placed with American families yet. If these kids don't find homes by the 31st, they won't be able to spend a year in the United States. That is only one agency, keep in mind... there are many others as well.

Hillary Clinton urges Americans to host exchange students if they can. Please, if you have room in your heart and your home (they can share a room with a teenage child of the same sex, but they need their own bed), consider hosting a student for an academic semester or year. Our exchanges have been awesome experiences, and I highly recommend it to anyone!

YouTube - Secretary Clinton Encourages Americans to Host Exchange Students
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education