Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 08:47 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,495,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulsa View Post
I was in the second grade and the teacher resisted one kids going.

When he was finally allowed to go, he ran down the hall but apparently didn't make it before a diarrhea explosion occurred. He took off his clothes, put the pants back on, and returned to the class holding the filled and dripping
no-longer-whities at arms length which he dropped into the trash can by the teachers desk and returned to his seat.

The teacher sat stunned for a bit before mumbling something about "If you really need to go..."
When my first grade teacher didn't let me go to the restroom,
and I wound up crapping in my pants.

My Dad took me to the teachers house that night to see the teacher,
and her husband who was the Principal.

Dad told them if I ever need to go again, and the teacher does not let me go,
that I was to pull my pants down, and crap in the floor.

He told them in front of me that if I crapped in my pants,
that he would whip me and her

He also said if she or he punishes me for doing it,
that he would knock the crap out of them.

She never refused to let me go again ! ! !

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 09:02 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,738,593 times
I hated being sent on errands to other classes, it was so embarrasing to me and I would stand shaking before I could knock on the classroom door then forget what I had to say with nerves...even worse was when the teacher would have to leave the room and ask one of us to stand out in front watching the class, and to tell you misbehaved when she came back...it was horrific..as there was always a rammy going on before she opened the door , so it was difficult to lie and say they were all good...

Old 12-30-2014, 12:38 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,172,539 times
One afternoon in high school a group of kids started to harasses one kid who had epilepsy. They teased him until he collapsed on the sidewalk and had a seizure. They stood there and laughed until the teachers came.

Old 12-30-2014, 05:55 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,346,279 times
sounds like ruth had a bad art teacher. Mine were very nice and I ended up going into an art career for many years because of their encouragement.

I had a pee accident in first grade as well. Still get mad when I think about it. I was a very small for my age 6 y.o. and my first grade teacher was extremely crabby. I met her later in life when I was working in a store. She was still crabby. Obviously she picked the wrong profession if little kids make you that surly. My mom was livid as well and had a nice rant at that teacher.

Old 12-30-2014, 06:03 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
aw Ruth I never thought of it that way.... I loved art, would have spent every hour of school in the art classes, in fact at secondary school it was my main subject in third year... I got art sometimes four times a day , we got photography.. sculpture, ink drawings, lino cut outs.. (cant remember the name ) and other things apart from drawing and painting...The good thing about art and sport is it allows kids who arent all that academically bright to excel....
We didn't have art in secondary school, thank heaven!

Old 12-30-2014, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Being forced to read the most horrid crap in HS English class. Dickens, James Fenimore Cooper, Shakespeare, that sort of tripe. Especially because there's SO much good literature available.
AUGGHH! TELL me about it! All this horrifically depressing stuff! It completely turned me off to reading, in the 9th grade. I never read another book for pleasure, of any kind--fiction or non-fiction, for 6 years afterwards, that wasn't required for school.

And they don't explain anything. They talk about symbolism, and you're supposed to discuss the symbols in the novel. But they never tell you how to figure out what object in the story is a symbol, and how you're supposed to know what it's a symbol of. They just pull it out of thin air, seemingly. Never had any idea what was going on in literature, or why we needed to read such depressing stuff.

Old 12-30-2014, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardener34 View Post
sounds like ruth had a bad art teacher. Mine were very nice and I ended up going into an art career for many years because of their encouragement.
Actually, I hosted some art teachers from Russia a few years ago. The classes we visited in local schools were "taught" the same way I experienced. The visiting teachers were shocked. Most of the 6th grade kids were working on a 1st and 2nd grade level, according to European norms. There was no instruction, it was just more or less free drawing. One of the HS art teachers was teaching portraiture with pencil, I think. Had an innovative method, the kids made great progress in a few months, he showed up the before-and-after. But the guest teachers told me that type of work was supposed to be mastered in 6th grade already. By HS the students were supposed to be learning to work first with pastels, then with oils. They couldn't understand why the US had no organized art curriculum.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:02 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,520,946 times
2nd grade a fellow student threw up in class.
This is back when we had the old desks that had the wooden chairs attached.

This classmate was sitting in front of me who puked.
And a chunky chunk of puke got stuck in the bars of the chair.

I used to love Chocolate Malt O Meal before that.
But that puke chunk reminded me off lumps in Malt O Meal.
Haven't eaten a bowl since!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education