Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 12:37 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,027,284 times

Advertisements

Lost one to suicide when I was still a sophomore.....

heard a few years ago that another, one that I was actually friends with back then, died from cancer a few years before that conversation....

It has been 38 years since I graduated, so I am quite sure more have gone.... I moved to St. Louis in 1986 and have not stayed close to many back in Houston....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2016, 12:41 PM

1,038 posts, read 902,507 times
I recall one girl I was friends with allegedly died at 20 of liver failure, her brother died just before her at 19 or so from Overdose or more likely imo, suicide.

Ive tried looking them up - nothing on Facebook even, it was too long ago probably in the late 80s.

That's both kids gone, there was only them in the family.

Sad.

Old 01-20-2016, 12:45 PM

7,190 posts, read 6,819,674 times
A guy I knew in high school was out driving his buddy's car and lost control of it and went through a ditch and hit a tree a little after 4:00 AM. He died at later at that day at the hospital in August 2008.

The other guy I've known since I was in elementary school, died from an accidental gunshot wound during his senior year in high school in 2006. I was in 11th grade at the time. His mother was my 3rd grade teacher in the late 90's. I felt really bad for her. Here's the backstory on that:

Teen Charged In Fatal Shooting Of Wayne County 17-Year-Old :: WRAL.com

Here is the outcome. Later in 2008 after getting out of prison, Tim ended up getting arrested for breaking into people's cars and stealing ****.The article doesn't mention it, but the story that went around school at the time was that Tim was twirling the gun around on his finger and it went off and hit John while they were in John's SUV. I also seen Tim around in high school before this incident. He was bad news, to put it mildly. John was a good guy. Why he was hanging with the wrong crowd, I don't know. I never even knew he did until this incident happened.

Teen Sentenced to Prison in Fellow Student's Death :: WRAL.com

Old 01-20-2016, 12:53 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,158,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenu View Post
Just got word that a girl I went to High School with was killed in a tragic automobile accident Apparently she ran off the road. It was icey and possibly texting involved.
The guy voted most healthiest in my HS Graduating class died one month before 25th HS reunion on a tragic thread-mill accident at an upscale fitness club. Ironic to say the least. But he looked in great shape at the wake.

Old 01-20-2016, 12:55 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,349,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Don't take this the wrong way but, for some reason, I thought you were older than that.

My 40th high school reunion was 3 years ago (2012) and a couple people who went to that died a couple weeks later.

I think, out of a class of 200, we'd had 20 or so die by then. Mostly illness, a couple suicides, a few accidents, one guy just disappeared and his parents had him declared dead.
Ha! I have tried to slow my life to a crawl these days (moved to a farm) but I lived a fairly busy life in the past.

I left my hometown out of high school and never returned so the only reason I know about the deaths of my schoolmates is through my siblings who still live in the town. Most of my schoolmates seem to remember my blue hot road Ford rather than me,

My last HS schoolmate who has died was a lady who I learned died of cancer last year. I knew this lady in high school and had also traded genealogical information with her in recent years. She was the first wife to Jack Ely of the 1960s group, The Kingsmen.

Old 01-20-2016, 01:03 PM

296 posts, read 319,035 times
A guy I went to 8th grade with was shot and killed ~5 years ago around the park I used to play Little League at. 20 years old. Pretty sad, he was a real good basketball player. Probably could've hooped at a small college somewhere, but he hung around too many thugs.

Kid I graduated high school with got stabbed at a party and died. Found out when I was in college. He was a hilarious kid and pretty smart, but some of his friends were just no good. Gotta choose your friends carefully.

And back when I was a high school Freshman, a student was found beaten to death in a river. It was said that he was gang affiliated. I didn't know the guy, but he was senior and was months from graduation. I think his parents were first generation immigrants, so they had to be absolutely crushed.

Growing up I always wondered why my mom was so overprotective. It's clear to me now.

Old 01-20-2016, 01:39 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,725,104 times
We had our 20th reunion and we've lost a few classmates already. One disappeared off of a cruise ship, one died of leukemia, two cancer, one massive stroke and one heart attack. At least one car accident fatality that I know of. It's sad. We aren't quite 40 years old yet, so the deaths will be happening more often in the coming years.

Old 01-20-2016, 02:00 PM

22,839 posts, read 6,435,820 times
I graduated in 1965 so there are quite a few more than there were 20 years ago...

Old 01-20-2016, 02:45 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,533,269 times
Yeah but I'm old.

Old 01-20-2016, 03:54 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Yes. When I was in eight grade, a friend of mine developed an eating disorder.

She died of complications related to anorexia nervosa in 10th grade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education