Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 12:32 PM

715 posts, read 791,759 times

Advertisements

i will start with mine

missing a day of school because i got back from a WWE event late the night before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2014, 12:40 PM

1,166 posts, read 1,636,087 times
Cutting class, then being suspended for three days, thus enabling me to legally do what I'd been doing while cutting (riding my motorcycle and hanging with my dropout friends).

Old 12-23-2014, 12:55 PM

8,080 posts, read 7,448,002 times
A classmate and I were made to stay after school in 2nd grade as punishment because we did our spelling tests in cursive instead of in printing. We thought the teacher would be impressed but unbeknownst to us she was a reactionary. This was 1967 or 1968. #TalesOfTheStruggle

Old 12-23-2014, 01:14 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,415,351 times
Plenty of great memories, I'll share the top two, one early Friday night me and the boys from my HS team we're hanging out at the local bar fishing for someone (anyone) to buy us booze, my homeroom and English teacher Mr. Kurkus, came walking up to us, I said, teach, case of bud, two pints and Boones Farm? there's a good tip in it for you..

Mr. Kurkus said, no Johnny, I'll see you boys in school Monday.. a few minutes later, I saw a wallet on the ground, I opened it up and Mr. Kurkus's license and important docs and plenty of money in it, I said, Aahh, won't have to do this next week. lol. I saw my teacher first thing Monday and said here you go Mr. Kurkus, you lost this at the bar Friday night, all $300.00 is still there.

The next week, we bought a keg, lol. Thanks Mr. Kurkus, what a sport, then on Sunday night we moved the keg closer to the practice field, after practice, we all got tuned up again. Fun times for sure.

Cool Thread, thanks..
Knight

Old 12-23-2014, 01:35 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,953,490 times
My sophomore year of high school, I had chemistry class last period. The teacher was a little crazy, and sometimes he was set off by something and started yelling at the whole class.

He did this one day, and the guys around me started laughing uncontrollably. Laughter is contagious for me, so I started laughing uncontrollably too. First he kicked the other guys out of class, then he kicked me out.

The other guys were seniors, and their lockers were right near the room where we had chemistry. They went to their lockers, got what they needed, and skipped out a side door, free for the afternoon.

The sophomore lockers were all the way on the other side of the school, and unlike seniors, sophomores could not have free periods. I needed to get to my locker to get my some stuff before I went home, so I tried to unobtrusively make my way to my locker, get what I needed and then sneak out.

Just my luck, I went around a corner and ran right smack into the dean of discipline. He asked what I was doing out of class. Unable to think of a better story, I just told him the truth -- that I got kicked out of class. He took me down to his office, where I spent the rest of the period. On top of that, he gave me two days detention, that day and the next. So I went from sneaking out early one day to getting stuck for a long after school detention for two days.

The funniest time was senior year, when I sometimes cut out early on Friday afternoon and went drinking with friends. I always got in trouble for that too, but it was well worth it.

Old 12-23-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbared View Post
Cutting class, then being suspended for three days, thus enabling me to legally do what I'd been doing while cutting (riding my motorcycle and hanging with my dropout friends).
Haha, that's pretty funny. I always thought suspension was stupid. It's what a lot of kids want. The only reason I didn't want to get suspended was that my parents would have made it miserable. My school didn't suspend anyway. They gave us Saturday detention instead, if it was a suspension-worthy offense.

Old 12-23-2014, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightly Knight View Post
Plenty of great memories, I'll share the top two, one early Friday night me and the boys from my HS team we're hanging out at the local bar fishing for someone (anyone) to buy us booze, my homeroom and English teacher Mr. Kurkus, came walking up to us, I said, teach, case of bud, two pints and Boones Farm? there's a good tip in it for you..

Mr. Kurkus said, no Johnny, I'll see you boys in school Monday.. a few minutes later, I saw a wallet on the ground, I opened it up and Mr. Kurkus's license and important docs and plenty of money in it, I said, Aahh, won't have to do this next week. lol. I saw my teacher first thing Monday and said here you go Mr. Kurkus, you lost this at the bar Friday night, all $300.00 is still there.

The next week, we bought a keg, lol. Thanks Mr. Kurkus, what a sport, then on Sunday night we moved the keg closer to the practice field, after practice, we all got tuned up again. Fun times for sure.

Cool Thread, thanks..
Knight
Haha, those were the days!

Old 12-23-2014, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
A classmate and I were made to stay after school in 2nd grade as punishment because we did our spelling tests in cursive instead of in printing. We thought the teacher would be impressed but unbeknownst to us she was a reactionary. This was 1967 or 1968. #TalesOfTheStruggle
You're a rebel!!!

I never had to stay after school until high school, but then I made up for lost time. I lost count of how many hours I spent cooling my heels in after school detention. Most of the stuff I did to get there was pretty fun. I never regretted a minute of it....

Old 12-23-2014, 01:51 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,881,385 times
High School: Getting out of that academic hell-hole and never looking back.
University: Attending classes with students who actually wish to learn.

Old 12-23-2014, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
High School: Getting out of that academic hell-hole and never looking back.
University: Attending classes with students who actually wish to learn.
College was fun in a different way than high school. There was lots more freedom in college so I could do a lot more. At the same time, it was fun to break some of the rules in high school. I got a rush out of breaking rules, especially the last 3 semesters or so. Stuff like violating dress code, skipping classes, leaving campus without authorization, causing a ruckus in the library. The most fun was getting drunk when I was supposed to be in class. Somehow, all that stuff wasn't as much fun once it was actually allowed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education