Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 03:39 AM

498 posts, read 1,519,643 times

Advertisements

Having guns in schools held by random people to be able to shoot at any forgiven time (protecting or not)is not going to stop the anger in these sick individuals. No, they do not have to be sick to snap now-a-days either. I'm sure you've heard the expression "postal". Well there is a reason for it. People just loose it sometimes. Ya think ya know somebody, then they turn into something you could never even imagine.

I would have to agree with an earlier post, more guns in schools is not the answer.

If carrying a gun from class to class is legal than it sure would be alot easier just to open fire whenever and whereever. Then you got the 18 year olds trying to steal these guns from the carriers. THe maturity and wisdom of college kids today is just not there.

What would happen to the gun carrier if the gun accidently hit the floor(in purse,bookbag etc...) and shot someone? You suppose that gun holder would be doing time over an every day event as far as dropping things.

I've never thought too much about guns, meaning I do not like them. I have never owned one myself. I have stood in front of double barrel, whiskey drunk, wife slept around on him, country hillbilly Oaky's gun. I just told him either use it or put it down and fight like a man. I am a woman. There was nothing smart about it. He did however put the gun away, after he cracked his wife in the head with it. NOt fun.

I would say no to more guns and yes to more security guards. It is a shame that this thread couldn't have actually been about EDUCATION. Meaning, it is sad that our college students now have another obstacle in the EDUCATION FIELD to hurdle,as if trying to concentrate on their studies and careers isn't hard or scary enough.

I am a firm believer that when it is your time to die then thats all it is. That is the only way I can accept it. I have learned to try and celebrate their life and not mourn their death so hard. My son and I have had this pact since he was 3, where if one of us was leaving to go somewhere without the other we would tell each other,that if one of us died before we got to come together again, than I love you and I will see you in heaven. I don't know how else to handle it.

But no, I would not like to see just everyone carrying a gun. People are too unpredictable. I say concentrate on your studies and if it is your time to go than you will go however is in your destiny.

To the fallen- May God Rest Your Souls.

LIVE LAUGH AND LOVE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 07:21 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,877,955 times
So,UNITE, you would have the disturbed people the only ones with guns? It's already been proven over and over in more than 40 states that people with CCW permits are the most law abiding citizens in the country, but you don't want them armed to confront the sickos. This kind of logic escapes me!

Old 02-20-2008, 07:58 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,932,501 times
Default Get rid of Guns or Anti-depressants

Wasn't this guy and the Virgina Tech student both using anti-depressant. I believe they mentioned that they both hand went off the meds cold-turkey. The Columbine shooting I think the main guy can't remember his name was on anti-depressants.
I believe more monitoring on students that are on meds and a little more Doctor supervision might be wise.

Guns in school is this what we have come to, what a sad day for America!! Prescription drugs seem to be our danger and where they need to start to stop the violence in schools.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:05 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,754,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycew02 View Post
Deicide which classes of firearm are to be confiscated first and then send out notices to owners of those weapons announcing that they must be turned in by a certain date. I trust permit holders are kept on record.
Pardon me while I laugh for a moment...if I get something in the mail telling me I have to surrender my weapons, I'd do it. However, I'd turn right around and pick up a couple street weapons the same day. There is no way in hell that I will lack a firearm in my home to protect myself.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:13 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,169,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRed View Post
Pardon me while I laugh for a moment...if I get something in the mail telling me I have to surrender my weapons, I'd do it. However, I'd turn right around and pick up a couple street weapons the same day. There is no way in hell that I will lack a firearm in my home to protect myself.
I second that. It's sad how they want to take guns away from honest citizens, but they're the ones who go through all the stupid legal processes (I say stupid because I'm a strong believer in our Second Amendment rights and I think it's wrong to be required to register weapons and get permits.) to get their firearms. If that ever happened, I could just go on the streets any by a few. No background check required and they usually don't cost much. I grew up in the inner-city, so I know how easy it is to get a weapon. I could've got some before I was even 18.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
I second that. It's sad how they want to take guns away from honest citizens, but they're the ones who go through all the stupid legal processes (I say stupid because I'm a strong believer in our Second Amendment rights and I think it's wrong to be required to register weapons and get permits.) to get their firearms. If that ever happened, I could just go on the streets any by a few. No background check required and they usually don't cost much. I grew up in the inner-city, so I know how easy it is to get a weapon. I could've got some before I was even 18.
LOL...I could walk right next door to my doper neighbor and get pretty much anything I want. Ever since I found his stash bag on the street in front of our house, and returned it to him without calling the police, he's been a pretty nice guy all around. Plus, I always know where he is -- sitting on his porch smoking weed and watching the neighborhood. He'd hook me up with a street weapon if I needed it, no questions asked.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:39 AM

Quote:
LOL...I could walk right next door to my doper neighbor and get pretty much anything I want. Ever since I found his stash bag on the street in front of our house, and returned it to him without calling the police, he's been a pretty nice guy all around. Plus, I always know where he is -- sitting on his porch smoking weed and watching the neighborhood. He'd hook me up with a street weapon if I needed it, no questions asked.
Lol, you shouldn't have mentioned the smoking weed part. It gives people more reasons to connect drugs with guns and crimes. I'm an occasional weed smoker, but I'm as far from lazy as you can get. I had people like that too when I lived in the inner-city. I could get almost anything no questions asked. I could even get assault weapons in my teen years. Some people didn't even charge me, depending on how far we went back, lol.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Lol, you shouldn't have mentioned the smoking weed part. It gives people more reasons to connect drugs with guns and crimes. I'm an occasional weed smoker, but I'm as far from lazy as you can get. I had people like that too when I lived in the inner-city. I could get almost anything no questions asked. I could even get assault weapons in my teen years. Some people didn't even charge me, depending on how far we went back, lol.
Meh, whatever. People who think that smoking weed and having guns and being perpetually lazy always go hand-in-hand wouldn't understand anyway. Weed-smokers are generally by far and away about the most harmless law-breakers I could hope to have for a neighbor, if I must have a law-breaker for a neighbor.

Tell you this much, he's much quieter than the guy on the other side that every 4-6 weeks gets stinking drunk and beats the crap out of his wife at 3am in the morning.

**Edit: as far as guns in schools go, I say why not? For all the good reasons listed in preceding posts.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Meh, whatever. People who think that smoking weed and having guns and being perpetually lazy always go hand-in-hand wouldn't understand anyway. Weed-smokers are generally by far and away about the most harmless law-breakers I could hope to have for a neighbor, if I must have a law-breaker for a neighbor.

Tell you this much, he's much quieter than the guy on the other side that every 4-6 weeks gets stinking drunk and beats the crap out of his wife at 3am in the morning.

**Edit: as far as guns in schools go, I say why not? For all the good reasons listed in preceding posts.
I'm not an law breaker, lol. I'm an herbal enthusiast who likes altered states, lmao. I guess that still falls under criminal, lol.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:19 AM

Quote:
I'm not an law breaker, lol. I'm an herbal enthusiast who likes altered states, lmao. I guess that still falls under criminal, lol.
Unfortunately, it's considered breaking the law. Personally I'd like to see everything legalized and heavily taxed, and income taxes reduced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education