Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 10:01 PM

1 posts, read 4,639 times

Advertisements

Please suggest some topics for my research paper. Give me some guidlines too on writing my research paper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2008, 10:37 PM

2,467 posts, read 12,244,035 times
Wow. This is way to broad. This forum is for questions about schooling and education.

Old 02-25-2008, 07:21 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,445,190 times
As a former HS English teacher, I always advised students to choose a topic of particular interest to them. Start out broad, if need be, do some reading, and perhaps from your reading, you will stumble onto a topic of real interest to you and of merit.

Nothing is worse than to choose a topic that has been hashed and re-hashed, unless you have a completely new spin to develop, and the sources to back you up.

Weed through your sources, too. You want the most current information, and experts in the field. Students in our school system were also asked to find someone to interview on a topic, which could be done in the form of documented emails.

You want to choose a topic of genuine interest to you; otherwise, you will be miserable. By the time you read, make notes, plan, write, and revise, you will be sick of it, and somehow, you'll need to keep the momentum going. If you find getting started with the actual writing 'impossible,' start where you can, even if it is the paper's middle or ending. If you get that much going, you can outline or note, what will get you to that place, and work backwards and forwards. Too many people lead us to believe we have to start at the beginning. You don't.

Be sure you understand whatever format you are being required to use, too -- MLA or APA -- and review how to document. Get others to proof the paper for you, as 'fresh eyes' can be invaluable. You may be sick of the project, whatever, but it's new to someone else. Return the favor by reading their work, and make valid comments, not just "It's good." What could be better? and why?

Budget your time, and turn the paper in on time! If they are established for you, meet all deadlines.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:07 AM

51 posts, read 191,296 times
Good advice above.

Assuming that you are in college, check to see if you have a writing lab available to you on campus. They are pretty handy resources for helping to figure some of this stuff out.

Old 08-03-2008, 01:07 PM

2 posts, read 14,912 times
Or just write about a current event i.e. Iraq, Bush, Big Oil - any of them are guaranteed to work.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:27 AM

2 posts, read 14,912 times
If it helps, check out some sample research papers.

Old 08-10-2008, 05:37 AM

603 posts, read 2,339,161 times
What was the assignment? What class was it assigned in? Without knowing the answers to those questions, I wouldn't know what to suggest.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:01 AM

1,887 posts, read 7,937,717 times
You should write about hurricanes.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:40 AM

1 posts, read 4,264 times
Default Term paper writing help

Hiii

Get guidelines and information about term paper writing and other research writing online. You can have so many different type of topic with subject base.

For more details ; http://www.termpaperessayswriting.com

-Jazz

Old 10-08-2008, 12:27 AM

2 posts, read 18,322 times
hey i cant suggest myself but i think the guys at Best Essay, Coursework and Dissertation Writing Services in UK might help you with it. anyway best of luck with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education