Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2008, 01:13 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,398,527 times

Advertisements

I thought this was interesting.

I'm already doing this with my son, we started last school year and so far it's going really well.

Does anyone else use this method of teaching for their homeschoolers ?

What do you think, are there any cons to this method ?

CBS News Video - Top Stories and Video News Clips at CBSNews.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 04:25 PM

17 posts, read 60,499 times
I know you're post was old, but I would like to reply anyway. I use this method and find it fantastic, as it moves with the natural way we should progress as humans. It allows the child to move along with who they are, and who they are designed to become rather than forcing them before they are ready or holding them back when they are wanting to go faster.

The biggest cons I have had is trying to overcome people who criticize me and don't understand it. The other hard thing is not allowing my public school (as that is how I was schooled) past get in the way of letting the child be the guide. Sometimes I would get overwhelmed with wondering if they would be ok or not. But in the system itself, if it is done the right way, I believe it to be the most practical and natural way education should be done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education