Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 02:19 PM

8,712 posts, read 6,762,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
I wouldn't necessarily want my children reading stories about adult relationships in any language. Why is it necessary to include stories about couples leaving each other for whatever reason? I am sure there are many age-appropriate stories that can be used as a learning example.
As already pointed out, this is all third-hand or worse, reported by people who don't like it. The base truth here is very likely to be something quite different and probably far less "activist" and "inappropriate" than has been presented.

Not that I can think of any reason kids shouldn't learn current terms and issues along with the drudgery of "My aunt's pen is on my uncle's table" and 1950s ideas of Mexican culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2019, 02:31 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
Good point. Explain which is which in relation to the Spanish teacher in the OP.
In this case, all of it.

There could be a factual discussion of the history of LGBTQ rights in parts of the Spanish speaking world, without focusing on relationships, which is inappropriate IMO for middle schoolers. The rainbow stickers and chanting are propaganda.

Just MO.

Old 04-12-2019, 02:35 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,507,892 times
Wow. Your cousins seem to always be in one jam or another.

Old 04-12-2019, 02:42 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
I'm struggling to believe this. Who in the world chants "LGBTQ"?

What do you mean, her "young child" is gay?

Do you mind saying what school district this is?

Old 04-12-2019, 02:46 PM

8,712 posts, read 6,762,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm struggling to believe this. Who in the world chants "LGBTQ"?
A language class, learning a term like all the others... just one more current and meaningful than "el mantón de mi abuela."

Old 04-12-2019, 02:49 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
There was another thread in Parenting where someone complained about a teacher making kids chant something about being gay.

It sounds like the crap you read in those fake forwarded emails.

Old 04-12-2019, 02:52 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
There was another thread in Parenting where someone complained about a teacher making kids chant something about being gay.

It sounds like the crap you read in those fake forwarded emails.
I remembered that too, I just couldn't remember where it was and I didn't have the patience to look for it.

Old 04-12-2019, 03:53 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,943,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriank7 View Post
I understand teaching acceptance but she is a Spanish teacher. Having her students read Spanish stories about a woman leaving a man for another woman and 2 men getting married. What does this have to do with Spanish? Her young child is gay and she has become and advocate but I don’t think it needs to be in Spanish class. She passes out rainbows and has this kids chant LGBTQ. Now, if it were my child I would probably would just leave it alone. Times are more progressive and you have to go with it to a point. My cousin is sending emails to the school and asking her daughter be taken out of class when they have to read the Spanish passage about gay relationships etc....at first the principal said the teacher shouldn’t be doing this in the classroom but then changed her mind and said the students should have access to all curricular materials but it’s the parents right to not have their child participate. What are your thoughts? I just think this teacher doesn’t need to be pushing anything accept teaching Spanish.
If it's in Spanish I wouldn't see a problem. However, passing out rainbows and chanting LGBTQ sounds odd in any class.

Old 04-12-2019, 08:45 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,210,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
Good point. Explain which is which in relation to the Spanish teacher in the OP.
Tolerance is response to what arises spontaneously within a broader context. An agenda is preselected to introduce a point.

Old 04-12-2019, 09:23 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,566,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriank7 View Post
I understand teaching acceptance but she is a Spanish teacher. Having her students read Spanish stories about a woman leaving a man for another woman and 2 men getting married. What does this have to do with Spanish? Her young child is gay and she has become and advocate but I don’t think it needs to be in Spanish class. She passes out rainbows and has this kids chant LGBTQ. Now, if it were my child I would probably would just leave it alone. Times are more progressive and you have to go with it to a point. My cousin is sending emails to the school and asking her daughter be taken out of class when they have to read the Spanish passage about gay relationships etc....at first the principal said the teacher shouldn’t be doing this in the classroom but then changed her mind and said the students should have access to all curricular materials but it’s the parents right to not have their child participate. What are your thoughts? I just think this teacher doesn’t need to be pushing anything accept teaching Spanish.

This LGBTQ+-#69 agenda is being pushed through everywhere. It is social programming. Speak up against it to the teacher, parents, and administrators and stress the point that it is not relevant to the curriculum. Tell the teach to obsess over it on their own time and stop indoctrinating the children with this agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education