Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 12:56 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,032,181 times

Advertisements

What was your favorite and least favorite subject(s) in school? Why?

Favorites:
English- Good at it
History- Ive always liked it. Dad instilled a love of history since childhood
Art-Got to make messes and wasnt yelled at (much) for it
Earth Science- Involved rocks ( I love rocks)

Least Favorites
Math ( any kind is evil) lol
Biology (gross..had to dissect a pig)
Phys Ed ( Were supposed to dress in front of a bunch of other girls-I refused, had to learn anatomy (disgusting)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 01:04 PM

427 posts, read 1,387,960 times
Favs-History-always loved it,
art-just fun,enviromental
science-found it fascinating,
math-except for geometry

Least fav's
English-love to read anything, but hated writing papers, it always seemed to be about lengh and not content, and I stink at writing bs.

Geometry-evil
Chem-just could never get it past a certain point.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:05 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,329,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post

Favorites:
English- Good at it

Least Favorites
Phys Ed ( Were supposed to dress in front of a bunch of other girls-I refused, had to learn anatomy (disgusting)

Favorite subjects-Math and History. I also enjoyed Woodshop.

Least Favorite-Chemistry and Art

Old 09-23-2008, 01:07 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,329,701 times
duplicate post-sorry

Last edited by nicolem; 09-23-2008 at 01:08 PM.. Reason: duplicate

Old 09-23-2008, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaLeigh View Post
Favs-History-always loved it,
art-just fun,enviromental
science-found it fascinating,
math-except for geometry

Least fav's
English-love to read anything, but hated writing papers, it always seemed to be about lengh and not content, and I stink at writing bs.

Geometry-evil
Chem-just could never get it past a certain point.
Dont feel bad..the only thing I know about chemistry is that when you put baking soda and vinegar into a glass, it foams up...lol

Old 09-23-2008, 06:56 PM

427 posts, read 1,387,960 times
I could get about halfway thru a semester and then forget it, I was done. Thank goodness for labs, the only part of chem I was good at.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:33 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,242,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post

Favorites:
English- Good at it

Least Favorites
Are you talking about high school?

Favorite subjects where electives and physics.

Least favorite was everything else.

Now, if I was to talk about college, then it would be:

Favorite: Any advanced math, but lowly trig above all -- I love math and while trig is basically pre-pre calculus, it can be just as flexible; microbiology -- this stuff is just awesome; oceanography -- I love everything that has to do with the ocean (except the taste) and the lab section was fun and interesting; death and dying -- this course was not as morbid as it sounds. In fact, it is definitely the most upbeat and positive course that I will probably ever take. It really changed my perspective on what it means to 'live life'; astronomy -- this was just a basic survey course, but it was still totally awesome; sea time -- going out on a boat, conducting research, need I say more?

Least favorite: none really. While there are some courses that you just have to take for your major, the beauty of college is that you can usually work around this and find a course that not only interests you but that also fulfills a requirement. Besides, college is what you make of it. It seems to me that those who whine and gripe about this course or that teacher are the same ones who moan about being stuck behind a red light. You pay for college, you might as well get your money's worth.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
Are you talking about high school?

Favorite subjects where electives and physics.

Least favorite was everything else.

Now, if I was to talk about college, then it would be:

Favorite: Any advanced math, but lowly trig above all -- I love math and while trig is basically pre-pre calculus, it can be just as flexible; microbiology -- this stuff is just awesome; oceanography -- I love everything that has to do with the ocean (except the taste) and the lab section was fun and interesting; death and dying -- this course was not as morbid as it sounds. In fact, it is definitely the most upbeat and positive course that I will probably ever take. It really changed my perspective on what it means to 'live life'; astronomy -- this was just a basic survey course, but it was still totally awesome; sea time -- going out on a boat, conducting research, need I say more?

Least favorite: none really. While there are some courses that you just have to take for your major, the beauty of college is that you can usually work around this and find a course that not only interests you but that also fulfills a requirement. Besides, college is what you make of it. It seems to me that those who whine and gripe about this course or that teacher are the same ones who moan about being stuck behind a red light. You pay for college, you might as well get your money's worth.

I was referring to favorites/dislikes in at any level. You sound like you're one of those really science-y minded people. Wish I was like that.

And..since you love math...wanna do my homework???

Old 09-24-2008, 10:25 AM

877 posts, read 2,077,584 times
Loves:
math, physics, any kind of logical reasoning class.

Hates:
English, chemistry, biology, anything where passing a test required rote memorization.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:43 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,900,242 times
Loves: Algebra (sorry Cold!), Trig, Chemistry, Biology, Fluid Mechanics, most Industrial Engineering class, any computer class, any Psychology class, any home ed class, any Art class, all shop classes (wood, machine)

Hate: Physics (regular,quantum), any Electrical and Mechanical engineering course, all History (US, Asian, World, you name it!), Economics, Accounting, any Political Science class
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education