Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2010, 06:16 PM

4 posts, read 12,718 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I might buy a house in east El Paso, specifically in the edgemere-zaragoza area also known as The Points near Tierra Este. Any info or suggestions about this?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 10:54 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,139,860 times
That area is still pretty fresh. For awhile, Tierra Este was the farthest thing east. Then it was Rich Beem. Now development has reached Zaragosa.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:50 PM

4 posts, read 9,887 times
Default Edgemere & Zaragosa

I'm not sure exactly what kind of information you are looking for, but my family owns 3 rental homes in that area, and we've lived about 2 blocks from the intersection of Edgemere and Zaragosa for about a year now.

The entire area itself is very new, built up in the last few years. Very suburban in atmosphere and feeling. Newly built schools are the norm here, and so far the closest shopping is still at the Loop 375 and Zaragosa intersection about (though I see new businesses and commercial zones popping up).

Mall shopping is still a bit further, closest being Cielo Vista Mall off I-10 (25-35 min drive time).. there there are quit a few decent strip malls within a 10-15 min driving time (Las Palmas comes to mind, George Dieter & I-10, has tinseltown movie theater, numerous eateries, lowe's, whole foods market, kohls, krispy kreme, office depot, etc etc).

The schools here are part of Socorro ISD, and so far, I've mainly heard good things about the district. I don't have any kids myself, but I'm in the process of getting my teacher's certification and would like to work for this district.

My only and biggest complaint about the general area, from my perspective, is that the Montwood/Zaragosa/Loop 375 intersection is horrid, especially during rush hour.. not a problem if you come in by the Loop, but I usually came in by surface roads and often I would find myself routing around the intersection just to avoid the congestion there. Your mileage may vary, but I absolutely loathe that intersection!

Overall, I find this area to be a very nice and quiet area in which to live.. it's a smidge further out to get to usual shopping venues, but the situation should improve quickly as new businesses move into the area. I don't have kids so someone else will have to address those issues.

Hope this helps!

Old 06-22-2010, 09:52 PM

4 posts, read 12,718 times
Default the points

Wow, i really appreciate the good info My biggest concern is to know if the area is safe and if new restaurants, grocery stores, etc are coming to the area..I've heard good things about the area by talking to friends and coworkers. But any other info will be appreciate it..

Thanks for your time/honesty!

Old 06-23-2010, 08:39 AM

2,619 posts, read 6,139,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed4fig View Post
Wow, i really appreciate the good info My biggest concern is to know if the area is safe and if new restaurants, grocery stores, etc are coming to the area..I've heard good things about the area by talking to friends and coworkers. But any other info will be appreciate it..
Overall El Paso is a very safe city. We have an awesome police department here. The biggest drawback, for that area, is that it is not completely established and is the farthest point from city resources (PD, FD, etc). Still shouldn't be an issue though.

It will be just a matter of time before restaurants and stores move into the area in abundance. The east side is getting a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th of location of most chains and stores. Walmart, Chile's, Applebees, Fudruckers, etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
View detailed profiles of: