Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 08:15 AM

1 posts, read 1,933 times

Advertisements

The stadium may be a 'done deal' now. But it can be 'undone' the same way it was 'done'. I'm new to El Paso. This will be my first vote. mistabanks, your logic makes no sense. The outcome of this vote should serve as a referendum on the voters desires for the current stadium plan since it appears this is the first time it has been up for public vote. If our representatives ignore their constituents on this vote, pass or fail, then who or what are they actually representing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 09:23 AM

404 posts, read 862,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypox View Post
The stadium may be a 'done deal' now. But it can be 'undone' the same way it was 'done'. I'm new to El Paso. This will be my first vote. mistabanks, your logic makes no sense. The outcome of this vote should serve as a referendum on the voters desires for the current stadium plan since it appears this is the first time it has been up for public vote. If our representatives ignore their constituents on this vote, pass or fail, then who or what are they actually representing?
The stadium deal is a done deal! now you either have two choices; choice #1: we can get the out of town visitors to pay for it or choice #2: we pay for it, now what part don't you understand?
The city has general funds that could be use for public improvement projects or the construction of the new stadium;or El Paso's out of town visitors hotel tax could pay for the new stadium.
Because as it is, El Paso's out of town guest still pay one the lowest hotel rates in the state as compare to what out of town guest would pay in other Texas cities;El Paso hotel rates are one of the cheapest in the state even though our hotel tax would be one of the highest.
El Paso Naysayers have always been a negative Pain In the ***** typo group in irresponsible individuals, and so we must change that attitude and take charge of our city.
VOTE YES on Prop. 1,2, and 3.

Old 10-28-2012, 12:32 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,148,056 times
Quote:
The stadium may be a 'done deal' now. But it can be 'undone' the same way it was 'done'.
I believe you are incorrect. The City is committed to building the stadium. The time to convince them otherwise has come and gone.

Quote:
mistabanks, your logic makes no sense.
What logic? The purpose of this thread was to remind every that the time for opinion, emotion, etc is over. There is no logic or opinion at this point. You can vote for or against the proposition. Nothing more.

Quote:
The outcome of this vote should serve as a referendum on the voters desires for the current stadium plan since it appears this is the first time it has been up for public vote. If our representatives ignore their constituents on this vote, pass or fail, then who or what are they actually representing?
This point could have been made during the City Council meeting when committing to the stadium was up for the debate. That decision has already been made. The stadium is (thankfully) coming. You can vote for or against the HOT tax. You are not voting for or against the stadium. Like it, don't like, it doesn't matter. It is not logic. It's fact.

Old 10-28-2012, 01:14 PM

15 posts, read 22,260 times
F*ck anyone that is against the stadium

Old 10-28-2012, 01:40 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,492,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistabinks View Post
the time for opinion, emotion, etc is over.
Apparently not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearingone
F*ck anyone that is against the stadium

Old 10-29-2012, 09:39 AM

643 posts, read 1,315,794 times
The stadium is coming. Whether people like it or not. If you vote down Proposition #3 we will have to pay for it some other way.

THIS PROP IS NOT AGAINST THE STADIUM BEING BUILT IT IS FOR THE HOTEL TAX TO PAY FOR IT!!!!

Old 11-03-2012, 02:07 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,795,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistabinks View Post
The location of the stadium isn't up for vote. The only thing up for vote is whether or not we are going to use a hotel tax to pay for (at least) 70% of the stadium. Nothing else is up for vote in Prop #3. Deal with it.
So, are any profits from any of the baseball games taking place in this new stadium going to offset any taxes for the tax payer..??

I can't believe this; we get a new stadium that wasn't voted on, and has to be funded by tax payers. Aren't stadiums usually built by those in the private sector, who run or own teams?

Last edited by 9162; 11-03-2012 at 02:16 PM..

Old 11-03-2012, 02:33 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,148,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
So, are any profits from any of the baseball games taking place in this new stadium going to offset any taxes for the tax payer..??
No.

I can't believe this; we get a new stadium that wasn't voted on, and has to be funded by tax payers. Aren't stadiums usually built by those in the private sector, who run or own teams?[/quote]

No.

Vote in favor of Prop #3 if you want hotel guests to pay for at least 70% of the stadium

Vote against Prop #3 if you wan the City to finance 100% of the stadium.

Your right to vote on the stadium. Who should pay for the stadium. This. That. The other thing. None of those things are up for vote.

Old 11-03-2012, 03:38 PM

404 posts, read 862,180 times
Some people actually think that by defeating Prop.3 they are defeating the proposed stadium but that is not the deal; The stadium will be built regardless whether they Naysayers like it or not. What they are doing by voting no is that they are willing to foot the bill without reading the fine print as oppose to El Paso's tourist industry footing the tax initiative bond issue.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:02 PM

5 posts, read 7,297 times
oh man that's some really tricky wording really clever confusing people like this!! i'm voting FOR the stadium to get funded not by me but by the hotel people tax thing instead of my tax money cuz i only give my tax money to social security and healthcare no way am i giving it to stadiums cuz i never been to one in my entire life and i never got social security in my entire life but that doesn't mean i still can't support it cuz one day i will need it but i wont ever one day find myself at a baseball stadium in el paso so the choice is clear as rain goin nawm sayn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso