Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 12:24 PM

135 posts, read 241,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banal View Post
Purely anecdotal.

Anyways I hear this free standing ER (converted from an urgent care facility I believe) is seeing well over 70+ patient's per physician shift. That is absolutely ludicrous. This is an EMERGENCY room people, not a "I don't have a regular physician or a brain so I go to local ERs for all of my problems" facility (aka urgent care facilities).
So I guess we have to have Proof to back up statements these days. Why do I need to prove why "I" prefer the Northeast side of town, and why do "I" need to back up my opinion with proof. So of course it is anecdotal.. buy the way nice use of the word. As far as the crimes.. check out the crime sites listed or the news paper as I suggested for any proof you may need. And as far as the Medical Facility please point to a Hospital in the North East other than this Emergency medical center now emergency room.

It was an urgent care facility prior, so sure it is seeing many patients. Not everyone has a Physician, or can get in to see one on a spur of the moment basis, so they utilize this place, or did. What concern is it of yours what other private citizens do, or how they get their medical needs taken care of? So you feel it is necessary to insult these people by accusing them with your purely anecdotal remarks, such as they have no brains. How about you save the insults and superior attitude for your home life and spare us in internet land your short comings. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 04:54 PM

238 posts, read 420,489 times
Because it's a waste of limited resources (referring to physician's time, emergent radiology, lab testing, nursing time ...) and by using an emergency room for menial medical problems this takes time away from patient's that truly need EMERGENT medical attention.

It's truly sad because an ER visit is tremendously expensive as compared to actually working with a primary care physician. Of course, you have to pay for each test (labs, radiology etc) but the cost in the long run is cheaper and they may actually find a diagnosis of your problem rather than ruling out only emergent medical conditions and discharging with a "wastebasket diagnosis."

Old 02-06-2014, 09:40 PM

1,166 posts, read 1,635,778 times
I visited the facility before it became an ER, and at the time was happy I didn't have to drive across town to deal with an urgent but not life-threatening problem first thing in the morning. I don't live in EP, and therefore my primary care physician was not an option. I ended up waiting about and hour for the doctor to arrive, but the nurses seemed competent enough to handle minor problems. I'm glad they expanded it to an ER, because NE does deserve better medical facilities than it has had in the past.

Old 02-07-2014, 03:02 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,138,149 times
It's an ER without any supplementary resources. Not even blood. Expected to be transferred if you are admitted.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:43 PM

137 posts, read 174,044 times
Default All of El Paso has its crime ridden parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipbalm View Post
Good news indeed, now all the stabbing and shooting victims have a place close by.....I kid, I kid.... (but come on NE El paso you are the worst part of EP, haha)
Crime in El Paso is definitely not limited to certain parts of the city. You are vulnerable to crime pretty much anywhere. Southside and the North East because of their working-class neighborhoods can have more crime, but it's like I said. Depends on what part of town the criminals are cruising.

Old 02-16-2014, 08:01 AM

1,011 posts, read 2,832,557 times
For a minute I thought you people meant this clinic was off of Dyer Street (which is US Business Route 54). I think it's on Gateway North at McCombs, kind of on the edge of town right now. (US 54 = Patriot Freeway.)

IMHO, Northeast will get a hospital that is not Beaumont and serves civilians when the need for it gets big enough to where procrastination or otherwise letting the issue slide are no longer options (like with the children's hospitals).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso