Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 03:12 PM

238 posts, read 420,489 times

Advertisements

If you haven't already heard, KFOX obtained the video evidence of James Brown's final moments before dying. I have reviewed the video and it is disheartening, sad to say the least. These law enforcement officers should be held accountable for their actions. By accountable, I mean jail time, not simply firing them or putting them on administrative leave (ie like what happened with the bodybuilder who was brutally shot while in handcuffs).

Source: KFOX14 exclusive: video obtained of Fort Bliss soldier shows moments before his death while in custody - KFOX - Breaking News, Weather, and Traffic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2015, 08:13 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,273,721 times
Default Sad...

Whereas I do not see any overly aggressive guards, I think their lack of action in getting medical attention is what is obscene here. They stand around with their thumbs up their a s s es while the guy is clearly in distress. I did not see any medical staff there, are you telling me the jail does not have medical staff readily available? Washing pepper spray in a sink? Really? I sure hope one of those present was medical staff, else you don't have to wait for all the evidence to come out, it would clearly be negligence on behalf of the County Jail.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:33 AM

643 posts, read 1,313,670 times
It's unfortunate that his sickle cell anemia decided to act up when he was in custody. Something else triggered him though. You could see blood smeared on the glass of the cell. It looked like his PTSD reared its ugly head, too. Sad case and may he rest in peace.

Old 06-06-2015, 01:55 AM

26 posts, read 36,908 times
This is an outrage and the people of El Paso should be calling for the resignation of Sheriff Richard Wiles. Heres more coverage from around the country. It is funny how KFOX may be the only local station covering this, I wonder why?

The mother of the soldier gave a heart-breaking interview with democracy now

http://www.democracynow.org/2015/5/2...6_survived_two

Final Moments Of Army Sgt. James Brown's Life Captured In GRAPHIC Jail Video

Soldier who died in custody cried out: I can't breathe - CNN Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzdinvzfAiY

Video of Iraq war vet dying in Texas jail after being mauled by riot guards ? RT USA

Why is Sgt. James Brown dead? | MSNBC

Old 06-06-2015, 09:12 AM

Unfortunately this is El Paso, TX. Justice is served in the form of money paid to the families (most likely out of court) while the perpetrators are untouched and allowed to continue "serving their community."

Old 06-06-2015, 09:19 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,138,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banal View Post
Unfortunately this is El Paso, TX. Justice is served in the form of money paid to the families (most likely out of court) while the perpetrators are untouched and allowed to continue "serving their community."
Can you provide examples of this being a pattern?

Old 06-07-2015, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistabinks View Post
Can you provide examples of this being a pattern?
Last year, an officer of the law was allowed to serve his community for another 1.5 years before the video evidence finally sealed his fate (City releases video of fatal police shooting of El Paso bodybuilder Daniel Saenz - El Paso Times and El Paso police officer fired following fatal jail shooting of Daniel Saenz - El Paso Times).

The officer probably would have gotten away with it if the city attorneys were able to suppress the video evidence.

Old 06-07-2015, 04:04 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
The Gandara sentence just stinks of jury payoffs.

Gandara juror speaks only with ABC-7 about sentence | News - Home

Old 06-07-2015, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The Gandara sentence just stinks of jury payoffs.

Gandara juror speaks only with ABC-7 about sentence | News - Home
Perversion of justice. Corruption in El Paso is nothing new however this is just one of the many blatant examples.

Old 06-07-2015, 11:01 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,138,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banal View Post
Perversion of justice. Corruption in El Paso is nothing new however this is just one of the many blatant examples.
That is actually what I was asking about. Can you list them or link to them? There is the original topic and the other incident you mentioned. Because of your wording, I am curious about the many others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso