Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2018, 07:38 PM

46 posts, read 59,059 times

Advertisements

How safe is it now? I know it was bad couple years ago to drive through Juarez. For an American traveler driving into Mexico, should there be any concerns? Looking for recommendations, as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2018, 05:17 PM

524 posts, read 1,370,039 times
I live downtown, so I leave my car by Armijo Park, and walk over the bridge. Walking over from the US side costs 50 cents. Driving your car over the Stanton street bridge was recently raised to $3.50. Coming back (driving) over the Santa fe Bridge costs 26 pesos. There is a free bridge called the Cordova Bridge but lines are usually long and there are other bridges like the Santa Teresa and Zaragoza, not sure the cost! Then there is also the added cost of paying for parking at the meter or a lot in Juarez! But what do you want to do or visit in Cd. Juarez. When I go, I usually visit my brothers, go to the cybercafe, eat, and buy some groceries at S Mart or Gonzalez! I do not go into any bars as I drink at home. Since I grew up in downtown Juarez, I am very familiar with the area! There is also the risk of getting into an accident when in Mexico, does your insurance cover it?

Old 01-04-2018, 08:19 PM

89 posts, read 107,322 times
When you walk over from US side and return are there any immigration procedures?

Old 01-05-2018, 08:22 AM

4,280 posts, read 9,164,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedWarm View Post
When you walk over from US side and return are there any immigration procedures?
Absolutely! And you best bone up on what they are before you leave the USA! You will have a l-o-n-g delay if you're not able to prove US citizenship.

Old 01-06-2018, 05:02 PM

You can present US passport, a US passport card, and I believe a driver's license with a birth certificate. I am not sure about the last one since I have owned a US passport for a long time since I travel abroad to Asia every summer!

Old 01-06-2018, 09:28 PM

89 posts, read 107,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XChucoresident View Post
You can present US passport, a US passport card, and I believe a driver's license with a birth certificate. I am not sure about the last one since I have owned a US passport for a long time since I travel abroad to Asia every summer!
I fly in and back a few times a winter to Mazatlan but I wasn't sure how they handled it there when walking. So do you have to get a tourist Visa each time you walk into Juarez like you do when you go further in?

Old 01-09-2018, 07:34 PM

you only get a tourist visa if you are travelling further into Mexico, not sure !..You can get a tourist visa in the Lerdo bridge, but have to pay a certain amount at a Mexican bank

Old 01-14-2018, 08:21 PM

11,856 posts, read 26,876,979 times
Unless you buy Mexico car insurance, you will not have any coverage in Mexico. Your USA insurance is no good there. This includes accidents, and theft. Unless you can park in a secured lot, you are better off taking a taxi across.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
View detailed profiles of: