Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2008, 04:29 PM

3 posts, read 7,459 times

Advertisements

Hey,Ive been trying to find some land for sale down there,somewhat remote,but not desert ground,someplace with possible water prospects,5-40 acres,preferably on or very close to pavement.Sort of a winter respite,maybe eventually retirement. Been watching on E Bay but am sure what all the realtors are selling is price inflated for what they are selling Anybody know anybody who would like to part with some of their Texas soil??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2008, 11:29 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Not much land like that left. What's left has been bought up by housing developers who plan to build crowded subdivisions. You might try southern New Mexico or you'd have to go with desert if you want acres. There is only a little green space left in either valley (not desert) and that is still used for farming. Otherwise try near Clint or Horizon if it has to be in Texas and more than 1 or 2 affordable acres.

Old 04-26-2008, 11:38 AM

I might add -- if you want a little ranchette but one that is somewhat affordable, you can be fairly near El Paso by buying near Anthony, New Mexico. The prices you see for green acres are real, partly because it exists only along the river in the river valleys, once you cross the state line, its a little better plus the property taxes aren't nearly as bad. Same on the other side of town, what's called the Lower Valley, because this city has expanded very far out, you pretty much have to be out of El Paso and into some other town.

Old 04-27-2008, 02:12 AM

OK thanks,I'm not really interested in being in El Peso or any town just in the area. I've found land down around Terlingua,anybody know anything about that?

Old 04-28-2008, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv my harleys View Post
OK thanks,I'm not really interested in being in El Peso or any town just in the area. I've found land down around Terlingua,anybody know anything about that?
I just know it's over there by Big Bend Park and the River. Not too many people out that way, I know people who moved to Alpine and liked it and I would imagine land is affordable over there. You'd have to like small towns.

Go to Google maps if you want an idea of how remote it is, and the terrain.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:59 AM

Thanx,Yeah I like small town,lived in one all my life here in Nebraska.This winter was a looonnng one and the older I get the more miserable the winters seem.I guess puttting my question to the El Peso area wasnt in the right place as almost no responses,I just thought somebody might have a uncle,cousin or just know somebody that knows somebody that might have some land within 500 miles or so of the metro.Ive researched the BIG Bend area and thats kinda what Im lookin for,tho possibly a little too remote.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv my harleys View Post
Thanx,Yeah I like small town,lived in one all my life here in Nebraska.This winter was a looonnng one and the older I get the more miserable the winters seem.I guess puttting my question to the El Peso area wasnt in the right place as almost no responses,I just thought somebody might have a uncle,cousin or just know somebody that knows somebody that might have some land within 500 miles or so of the metro.Ive researched the BIG Bend area and thats kinda what Im lookin for,tho possibly a little too remote.

Good luck on your search, I think if you didn't mention the potential of water, you'd have got more responses, if you don't mind semi-desert then there are acres available that are affordable, and even 5-40 acres. There just isn't much 5-40 acres near El Paso that would be what you'd call affordable or with water. Horizon, Clint, Chaparral, Anthony are small more affordable towns near enough to El Paso though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso