Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2021, 12:01 PM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
Not sure if many here are familiar but we do not have one in El Paso. They're all over central Texas.

I really like them, especially their house brands which can save a decent amount of money. Their stores are clean and workers are pretty friendly.

I think having one or two in EP would create some competition and that always benefits the consumer.

Your thoughts?
Not ALL over the Texas. They just entered North Dallas area. Expansion in progress.
https://www.scrapehero.com/store/wp-...ps/HEB_USA.png
https://www.scrapehero.com/location-reports/HEB-USA/

It's all good if you still have other main grocery stores that are not bullied out like in San Antonio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2021, 12:02 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,774,143 times
I'm trying to help you! When I was talking to one of our managers last week, I told him, HEB needs to be in El Paso, the people out there are begging for one. He told me, I know they're working on it. I said, tell them to quit working on it and just do it!

Old 09-13-2021, 11:43 AM

1,952 posts, read 829,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
I'm trying to help you! When I was talking to one of our managers last week, I told him, HEB needs to be in El Paso, the people out there are begging for one. He told me, I know they're working on it. I said, tell them to quit working on it and just do it!

It IS coming.

They just built one in Lubbock last year and have plans for 4 more in Lubbock. They also built one in San Angelo.

They ARE moving west but it takes time. Worth the wait....if El Paso gets HEB, that will move it up on my list of Texas cities to retire in...no doubt!

Old 09-13-2021, 01:44 PM

1,951 posts, read 2,300,032 times
but is it better Than Mandos produce on 5420 Doniphan?

Old 09-13-2021, 01:47 PM

1,951 posts, read 2,300,032 times
but is it better Than Mandos produce on 5420 Doniphan? or the Vista Market On Doniphan ? where you can get good empanadas and chile relleno burritos made fresh?

Old 09-13-2021, 05:07 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,008,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Not ALL over the Texas. They just entered North Dallas area. Expansion in progress.

It's all good if you still have other main grocery stores that are not bullied out like in San Antonio.
Agreed. Be careful what y'all wish for...

Old 02-13-2022, 10:48 AM

50 posts, read 74,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
We’ll trade you an H-E-B for your connection to the national power grid
I like this post!

Old 02-13-2022, 10:53 AM

50 posts, read 74,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
You all living in El Paso may be thinking you are getting a deal, but without competition, you would not know it. When our kids were young, I took my wife to visit my family. While there, she went shopping for the kids and came back and saying how much more expensive items were than in Houston. This had to do with the competition in Houston, not that Houston is automatically cheaper. Some things were less expensive in El Paso, mostly local items, but other things, like yogurt, kids snacks, etc. were more in El Paso by 30-50%.

I hope El Paso gets HEB; El Paso has been catching up a lot over the years to what the rest of the state/country have, and I think they should also have the HEBs, or in particular, HEB Plus to start! There is also an HEB Central Market which competes with Whole Foods.

The Central Markets here in Austin are so crowded on weekends that it's difficult to move. On the other hand HEB Plus don't really work. They were built to compete with Walmarts. People don't want to go to an HEB and find TV's or clothing. But as far as a food store, HEB is a big reason why why live here.

Old 02-19-2022, 08:09 PM

6,507 posts, read 7,538,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post

Yup, back in 2000-2001 I preferred to shop at Albertson's like it was 7/11, get a few things and get out fast. Kroger was like this too in the early 90s, but I was still a boy in those days. For all week purchases, HEB was where I would go despite the long lines.

It was nice to have alternative stores besides HEB. Now a days its HEB or WalMart in San Antonio, and if you live on the Northside add Costco.

Old 04-15-2022, 02:58 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,454,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
We’ll trade you an H-E-B for your connection to the national power grid
But not the Western grid. California is freeloading off the interstate connections (that cause wildfires in the Sierra forests) but hypocritically tout their dependence on solar and wind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
Umm...no we won't. Kroger and Food Town are terrible. LOL
H-E-B is terrible like ERCOT's grid. Both products of Texas Exceptionalism!

Luckily Kroger is strong in Houston! Overhyped H-E-B combines the quality and freshness of Food Town, with upscale store decor in affluent neighborhoods (higher prices!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso