Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 06:01 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,956,511 times

Advertisements

Well you all asked for these.. so here ya go.

Fort Bliss/Biggs AAF And El Paso - a set on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/muhnay/sets/72157606283485189/ - broken link)

ENJOY! And please let me know what you think.

NOTE: If you cant figure out how to see a larger image, you can click the little magnifying glass that says all sizes, and then there will also be a download full size image, if it is still to small for you. Or click on the 1600x1200 under the All sizes link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 06:13 PM

879 posts, read 3,037,721 times
Awesome pictures Muhnay!

Did you take them? They look good.

Old 07-20-2008, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuco View Post
Awesome pictures Muhnay!

Did you take them? They look good.
Yes Sir, I sure did.. with my new camera. Thanks.. maybe this will also help some of the many military coming here to see what nice new housing and facilities they are getting. I don't think Fort Bliss will be the poop-hole of the Army any longer.

Old 07-20-2008, 06:26 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,878,251 times
Hey, cool, Muhnay...thanks for taking them and sharing them with us!!

They won't let me give you any rep points... :-(

Old 07-20-2008, 07:20 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,625,047 times
Those are great and thanks again Muhnay. Where is Logan Hieghts?? Is that in the Fred Wilson and Alabama area of Northeast? Seeing all those new state of the art buildings is making El Paso beautiful. Can't wait for the new High School in NE to break ground .

If my Gramps was alive today he'd be shocked at Bliss and Biggs growth as he was stationed in EP from the 1930's to the 1960's thruout his Army career and then retired in EP until he died in 1995.

As they say in the Hood.....you Da Bomb....lol....

Old 07-20-2008, 07:23 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,448,326 times
http://bestsmileys.com/happy/5.gif (broken link)

Alright, Muhnay~you made my day. I was hoping to see pics of your area and want to thank you for taking some for us. (Picture addict here and was disappointed that you don't have a Pic sticky on your forum.)

Your sky looks so pretty and so clear and you have hills. What was the area that had the warning posted asking people to stay out? Was that an army base?

And yea, unfortunately I ran into the same thing~"Must spread rep around first".

Old 07-20-2008, 07:46 PM

6/3 - Logan Heights is on Dyer just above Chapin High School. Let me give you a google map of the area.

El Paso TX - Google Maps

See the area that looks all empty.. back in the day it was where Basic Training was, then later where B NOC and A NOC and other advanced training took place. That whole area that looks empty is now full of homes.

Here where it says Globalreach road.. it goes straight now.. no more turn. Thats what the construction barrels and part of that inner loop images..

El Paso TX - Google Maps

This is where the CAR 54 and Edge of Texas and the Mesquite housing is.. ( the edge of Texas is a bit further down the road..)

El Paso TX - Google Maps

And this is where the off ramp on loop 375 is..

El Paso TX - Google Maps

Thanks 6/3.. I am glad you enjoyed them.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Hills.. we call them Mountains here.. but yeah when I lived in Boise ID I would often visit Salt Lake City, and saw what real mountains look like.. I am sure where Mt. Rushmore would be the same deal.

The warning signs are on Trans-mountain road, a road that crosses our mountain from N.E. to West side. I used to play up there as a kid hiking all over them.. there are unexploded rounds all over the place.. The mountains were a target range back in the day.. they used to shoot at it.. it was called Casner Range.

El Paso, TX - Google Maps

There is a map of where it was taken. The 2 buildings are the Nature Museum, and the Border Patrol Museum. Where you see the lil red arrow on the road is a large clearing on the other side of the road.. that is where those pictures were taken.

If you make a sticky thread I will post images there for you.. I am sure others will too. Or you can link this post and others that have El Paso images in there like we have in the Texas area for RGV Pictures.

Old 07-20-2008, 11:40 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,448,326 times
Harney Peak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Part of our "Hills" are actually just hills. But if you really get in there, we have actual mountains. The name just comes from the Lakota (Sioux) translation~Paha Sapa means "Black Hills". We have the highest point east of the Rockies.

That is interesting about the mines still being in that area. Isn't there any way that they can clean it up so the area could be useful?

Old 07-21-2008, 04:29 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,625,047 times
Again really nice photo's Muhnay. Up here in albuquerque they could only dream of a 4 billion dollar expansion of Kirtland AFB and yet Ft.Bliis/Biggs here in El Paso is having that done. Even a new high rise Freeway is being built thru it and right up the road in Las Cruces as White Sands Missle Range is adding 5,000 more troops to expand and right up the road in Alamogordo Holloman AFB is getting the worlds most powerful Fighter Jet the F-22's Raptors in which all of these expansions will make our region the premire Military Area in the United States and maybe the world.

Last edited by Six Foot Three; 07-21-2008 at 05:35 AM..

Old 07-21-2008, 07:53 PM

247 posts, read 605,245 times
Yeah I was wondering why there was a single rise going north on 54 right where they are expanding the lanes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso