Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2008, 02:46 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,963,142 times

Advertisements

TransVista Map

I am adding this to my sticky as well.. but here ya go, if you want to see what El Paso looks like all across the city, see what traffic is like or just like this sorta thing.. take a look at the link above!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 04:00 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,638,438 times
That cam site is cool to have.

When i visited last week the first time since 2005 i gotta say that the new expansion on the Patriot freeway going over Kenworthy and Sun Valley was really nice. Also the new expansion of loop 375 on the east side was really nice too. Also the new construction on the Patriot from Cohen Stadium to past Fred Wilson will be nice once finished. I could see the giant columns being constructed for the new Spur freeway being built across to Biggs.

Driving I-10 from the Spaquetti Bowl over to the Americas interchange ....well that's a whole different story .

Old 09-01-2008, 05:31 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 3 days ago)

52,707 posts, read 48,001,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6/3 View Post

When i visited last week the first time since 2005 i gotta say that the new expansion on the Patriot freeway going over Kenworthy and Sun Valley was really nice. Also the new expansion of loop 375 on the east side was really nice too. Also the new construction on the Patriot from Cohen Stadium to past Fred Wilson will be nice once finished. I could see the giant columns being constructed for the new Spur freeway being built across to Biggs.

Driving I-10 from the Spaquetti Bowl over to the Americas interchange ....well that's a whole different story .
Well, now you can use that TransVista website that TXDOT has for El Paso. It will come in handy. You'll be able to now see where the problem spots are so you avoid the jams anywhere in the city.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:42 AM

879 posts, read 3,038,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
TransVista Map

I am adding this to my sticky as well.. but here ya go, if you want to see what El Paso looks like all across the city, see what traffic is like or just like this sorta thing.. take a look at the link above!
Cool site! Thanks Muhnay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6/3 View Post

With over $1 billion coming to El Paso for our highways...this place will be looking a lot different in the next ten years. The Patriot Fwy will be getting a nice makeover and more lanes, so that is good.

I-10 needs a major renovation, and it will be getting $10 million to start beautifying it, so work should start on that within a year. $10 million sounds low for I-10 to me.. but as someone told me a few days ago..that is just the beginning, more money will be coming from the state to fix it up more. All of this is going to take time though.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:49 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,963,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuco View Post
Cool site! Thanks Muhnay!

With over $1 billion coming to El Paso for our highways...this place will be looking a lot different in the next ten years. The Patriot Fwy will be getting a nice makeover and more lanes, so that is good.

I-10 needs a major renovation, and it will be getting $10 million to start beautifying it, so work should start on that within a year. $10 million sounds low for I-10 to me.. but as someone told me a few days ago..that is just the beginning, more money will be coming from the state to fix it up more. All of this is going to take time though.
Dont forget Chuco, if you read that money must also be spent on 3 other projects.. the Northeast Pasrkway... finishing loop 375 to its final completion, and the border freeway completion. And the biggy it must be spent on, is the Light Rail system. A Light rail in El Paso.. that will be a sight to see.

Old 09-02-2008, 11:54 AM

303 posts, read 981,235 times
Mulnay,Nice contribution! It is nice to see my home town in action too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
View detailed profiles of: