Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 10:44 AM

202 posts, read 433,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smguy101 View Post
isnt there a drive thru beer barn here?
Yes, Buddys Beer Barn off Montana.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 04:01 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,956,511 times
BREE, did you get your beer yet?

Old 10-23-2008, 10:13 PM

158 posts, read 439,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpelp View Post
Any place around where you can individual imports? Blue Sage was good for that. You could go in and make your own 6 pack. Back in Ohio there was a store with over 700 imports, you could just pick up a 6-pack container and make your own. It was amazing. I was told by someone that they THOUGHT there was a plce like that in Santa Teresa, but I haven't been able to locate it.

Albertson's has a decent small selection (they just started bringing in Hoegarden, which I really recommend), but it's not cutting it. For reference, where the heck can you get beers like Dead Guy Ale, Pumpkin Ale (which is BY FAR the best pumpkin beer I'ce had), Flying Dog, and Warsteiner Dunkel (the one liquor store only ever has regular)? There has to be a "make your own import/odd beer 6 pack" place somewhere...

**EDIT** I should have looked at Buddy's befoe I posted this. He has a pretty decent selection. No Pumpkin Ale, but he does have dead guy and warsteiner dunkel, among others. Still if anyone knows of a place like Buddy's, especially one on the West side, please post it or DM me!

**EDIT #2** There are a lot of pumpkin ales that vary greatly. I'm talking about Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale, out of Haywood, CA. Just FYI.
The past of Ohio that I just came from had a gas station with the largest selections of beer I have ever seen in my life! You weren't in NE OH by chance, were you?

Old 10-23-2008, 10:17 PM

Muhnay, Anheiser Bush is actually shipping "several 6 packs of Jack's to [my] zip code" and it should be here by Saturday. They are shipping it from Houston. I am buying all of it once they tell me exactly where they are shipping it LOL

I took my baby to lunch today. She and I enjoyed a Sam Adams Octoberfest on tap at The Greenery.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:27 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,956,511 times
Thats great.. glad you got your ale. Enjoy it, and make sure to toss one up for me!

Old 10-23-2008, 10:33 PM

I'll toss at least 6 up for you

Old 10-27-2008, 10:53 AM

135 posts, read 224,156 times
Yep, you go up route 11 I believe it was then get off at Boardman, then just go down route 224 until you see farms and crap and it's at some indian run gas station on the corner. I think it's actually in Canfield. It's like beer heaven. 2 rows (both sides)running the length of the place with just beers, sorted by import (and further sorted by country) or domestic. They also had a heck of a selection of wine. And then of course they had all your normal beers as well. I think 700 different beers (give or take 100) is what the owner told me he makes sure he has on hand at any given time.

Old 10-27-2008, 01:48 PM

cpelp, that's the place I am talking about too. where 224 and 183 (??? it's been at least a year) intersect.

Last edited by bree~; 10-27-2008 at 02:05 PM..

Old 10-27-2008, 03:12 PM

135 posts, read 224,156 times
Yep that's it. Wonderful wonderful place. I would love to find a place even a quarter of that size down here. Everytime I visit the family I make a stop and drop a good $40 trying 20 or so new beers.

The wierdest one I've had from there yet still very good beer actually was a domestic one, Banana Bread Ale. You could actually taste some banana, but it was good. They also had a Dragon Boat beer I believe from Denmark that was brewed in like 30 year old oak casks (spelling?) that was just excellent for a smooth full flavored ale. That's the kind of stuff I'm dying for down here. Then there was the Sri Lanken beer and some kind of Vietnamese lager that was surprisingly good (it was from vietnam...I expected water mixed with only god knows what other liquids).

Old 01-29-2009, 09:48 PM

3 posts, read 21,779 times
Default good place to buy beer.

There's this gourmet market next to the Greenery inside of Sunland park mall. (Yes the mall) They have a great selection of beer, so far the best i have seen in the city. Stone, Dogfishhead, Unibroue. Highly recommended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bree~ View Post
Hi everyone! I relocated to El Paso from the midwest about 7 months ago. We will go on base to the Class Six to buy beer (but it is a pain for me by myself when I have the kids) and they have an ok selection. I am used to having enormous selections of good beer (i.e. not Miller, Bud, Coors, etc.) available in the local grocery store. Super Target has a nice selection but not great.

My main thing is that I love Sam Adams seasonal brews. With the exception of the Class Six a month ago, I cannot find Octoberfest anywhere. I am used to buying this in a 12 pack and stocking up this time of year. Where are good places to buy a wide selection of beer in this city? Albertson's does not cut it and neither do Western Beverages or Zaragoza Liquor. I don't like buying the 6 packs becuase they are far more pricey than buying the 12 pack or the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
View detailed profiles of: