Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 05:21 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,616,833 times

Advertisements

Texas DOT announced that starting next year they will widen Trans Mountain Road from I-10 up to the Franklin Mountains State park exit on El Paso's west side. Nice to see EP's loop freeway continue to improve.

Trans Mountain upgrade: $17 million project will widen road - El Paso Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 05:26 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,952,340 times
Notice how they still ignore the NE side.. man this is starting to make me angry.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:58 PM

138 posts, read 454,220 times
awesome! this is a great way to plan for the future - something that rarely seems to happen around here...

Old 11-06-2008, 06:10 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,946,017 times
Default Projects And Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6/3 View Post
Texas DOT announced that starting next year they will widen Trans Mountain Road from I-10 up to the Franklin Mountains State park exit on El Paso's west side. Nice to see EP's loop freeway continue to improve.

Trans Mountain upgrade: $17 million project will widen road - El Paso Times
State Loop 375 is not entirely a freeway, and Trans Mountain will likely be kept as a divided highway with at-grade crossings through the Franklin Mountains. Conversion to a full freeway would be quite difficult in that particular area. At U.S. 54 and points east of there, they've got the right-of-way for a full freeway, but I'm not sure what will happen in the stretch through Fort Bliss' property. That northwest stretch, meanwhile, definitely needs to be expanded, nonetheless. Direct connect ramps at I-10 probably will be tough to do unless Trans Mountain is converted to --- guess what? --- a full freeway there. Hmmmmm......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Notice how they still ignore the NE side.. man this is starting to make me angry.
I know what you mean, Muhnay. They do have the right-of-way east of U.S. 54 and they do need to come up with a plan for that, plus a direct connect at 54. I dream about it like many of you folks probably do, but right now, TXDOT doesn't have it in the cards.

Yet, anyway.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
State Loop 375 is not entirely a freeway, and Trans Mountain will likely be kept as a divided highway with at-grade crossings through the Franklin Mountains. Conversion to a full freeway would be quite difficult in that particular area. At U.S. 54 and points east of there, they've got the right-of-way for a full freeway, but I'm not sure what will happen in the stretch through Fort Bliss' property. That northwest stretch, meanwhile, definitely needs to be expanded, nonetheless. Direct connect ramps at I-10 probably will be tough to do unless Trans Mountain is converted to --- guess what? --- a full freeway there. Hmmmmm......
Yeap your correct Case....but still going from a 2 lane road to a 4 lane divided highway will help. Also the part that goes over the top of mountain and down on the east side of the mountain while a divided highway it looks and feels like an interstate. ''Kinda'' simular to I-40 in Albuquerque from Tramway thru Tijeras canyon to Zuzax before the recient NM DOT concrete median improvements thru it.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:21 PM

Quote:
While i agree 100% as NE is also my ''baby'' there are some major intersections where they'd have to build overpasses on it so the cost would be around 300 million dollars from Patriot freeway to Rushing as TXDOT is broke.

This current project is only 17 million dollars.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:26 PM

Quote:
While i agree 100% as NE is also my ''baby'' there are some major intersections where they'd have to build overpasses on it so the cost would be around 300 million dollars from Patriot freeway to Rushing as TXDOT is broke.

This current project is only 17 million dollars.
Can you say diversion of toll funds?? Just a thought, but probably not likely.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Can you say diversion of toll funds?? Just a thought, but probably not likely.
What i want to know is that Obama said he's going to pump 100 billion dollars extra for freeways, bridges etc....so who will fight on El Paso's behalf of it's new freeway monies. El Paso Congressman Reyes or Texas Governor Perry??

Old 11-06-2008, 07:38 PM

Quote:
What i want to know is that Obama said he's going to pump 100 billion dollars extra for freeways, bridges etc....so who will fight on El Paso's behalf of it's new freeway monies. El Paso Congressman Reyes or Texas Governor Perry??
You're going to have to keep your fingers crossed on that one, my friend.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:19 PM

879 posts, read 3,037,012 times
Quote:
The widening of Transmountain Road is all part of the billion dollar mobility plan. It's actually the first part of the plan, it is scheduled to begin next year.

I wouldn't get angry Muhnay, the NE will get some love soon. In 2010, Loop 375 is scheduled to get 4 new lanes from Dyer to the Patriot Freeway. Plus, the Northeast Parkway will likely begin construction within the next five years. It'll take time.. but the NE will get what it deserves.

Plus, the widening of the Patriot Freeway and the new construction of the Inner Loop is starting to look really nice.

http://www.elpasompo.org/Portals/0/2008CMP-7-18-08.pdf (broken link)
Guys, look at page two, it has the year in which these projects are expected to begin and their cost.

We are in for a lot of highway construction and improvements in the next few years. Get ready for a lot of orange cones out there, but it will be worth it in the end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso