Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 12:06 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,677,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsmicck View Post
But do most of the students there speak spanish? I am interested in learning it better for my future job, (police officer) so I am thinking going here would help me with that?
Also, what is the acceptance rate there? What would my GPA need to look like?
UTEP has no admissions standards, you don't need to worry about your GPA as long as you have a high school diploma, maybe a GED works too, you can be admitted there. I've known people who went through the criminal justice program and they liked it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 12:25 PM

271 posts, read 1,072,326 times
Thanks for all that, now a few more. what division does there football team play at? and, what is the 'average' rent rate around campus, not neccesarrily on campus, I know those prices. Thanks yall.

Old 11-30-2008, 04:38 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,703,379 times
Univ of Texas at Austin is a much better school.

Old 11-30-2008, 05:57 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,519,567 times
and the University of California is many times better than Austin-- so what?

He wants to know about UTEP. Really go online and read the catalog- it has all the information you need and its free.

Old 11-30-2008, 06:27 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,098,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
Why not take the energy to read their catalog online? Do search - you'll get the correct answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
Really go online and read the catalog- it has all the information you need and its free.
The theme of the City-Data forums, expressed in the TOS is "We are here to help each other." If you're not willing to help by providing a link to a resource you recommend, then you need to keep these types of comments to yourself.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:17 PM

The University of Texas at El Paso Home

UT El Paso - Admissions

2008-2009 Undergraduate Catalog > Home

There ya go - the top is the general info next id admissions and finally a complete catalog.

Moderator you're entitled to your opinion but someone who wants to go to a specific university should have the intellect and interest to simply put University of Texas - El Paso into his browser and PRESTO!

Old 11-30-2008, 11:25 PM

271 posts, read 1,072,326 times
Yes, and I have done that for a lot of it. But I work about 50 hours a week sometimes, and I go to school for 17 credit hours. I do not always have the time to do all of that AND still spend time with family and friends. So it is really nice to be able to come on here, and ask a question, then come back a couple of hours lately, or day later and ''PRESTO" there is the answer.
Thankfully only a couple of people on here are not very helpful and think that people should come on here, (a forum to ask for help from others for one reason or another) and then do it themselves.

Last edited by unsmicck; 11-30-2008 at 11:34 PM..

Old 12-01-2008, 06:44 AM

The problem is that everyone has a different opinion- one guy is telling you to go to UT Austin. On some issues you need FACTS - how much is tuition? What Spanish classes are offered -- and when?

Opinion is good for "Is El Paso a friendly place?" "Are the women at UTEP cute?"

Old 12-01-2008, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsmicck View Post
Thanks for all that, now a few more. what division does there football team play at? and, what is the 'average' rent rate around campus, not neccesarrily on campus, I know those prices. Thanks yall.
It depends on what you're looking for as far as apartments, houses or so on. Compared with other places, it would be quite affordable, you can find big apartments in Sunset Heights which is walking distance in big older homes. Kern place is nice but there are many apartments up and down Mesa near UTEP that are in all kinds of price ranges. Downtown is affordable and close -- but it depends on what you're looking for. If you want to do some kind of language immersion you could go that direction.

I don't know about an "average" because the costs go every which way -- and again it depends on what you have in mind, what neighborhood.

Old 12-01-2008, 07:37 AM

There's a place on Mesa near UTEP called Warren Terrace that rents furnished apartments by the month and for not too much -- that might be a good way to start out and get a feel for what you want before you commit to something.

It's kind of hard to recommend anything for someone else but you can find cheap if you want cheap, you can find charming if you want that, your can find upscale if you want that -- and all close by UTEP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso