Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 11:12 AM

24 posts, read 57,424 times

Advertisements

What a jerk that guy is. He won't sue - he's all talk. He has no case. It was HIS responsibility to keep the dog from leaving his property and to try to find him, which he clearly didn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 01:15 AM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,119,084 times
On one hand, I want to say El Paso "tries" to educate the population about spay/neuter programs, microchipping, etc. but on the other hand, I am disheartened when I see the number of animals the city euthanizes every year. Over 25,000....

The city supports, by allowing, two pet stores that sell puppies that clearly come from puppy mills. I'd venture to say most people living here don't even know what a puppy mill is. Backyard breeders are rampant, never to improve the breed, but to put a few dollars into their pocket. They have little regard for their animals well being and overall health, don't care where the puppies go or who they sell them to.

I work in rescue, and know first hand, up close and personal, the heartbreak of irresponsible pet owners, BYB's, and those who use dogs for fighting. I also know the flip side - the satisfaction of seeing an animal get his/her "forever" home. Please, save a life, adopt a pet in need.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:34 PM

430 posts, read 1,339,504 times
I've noticed how expensive the dogs are in the stores. Why? I guess people buy them there since they will have the papers but I've noticed plenty of pure-breds at the animal shelters. The puppy I adopted from Animal Rescue League (thank you guys! I love my Sophie!!!) was part Weimer. and Pointer. Her mother was a full-bred Weimer. and was there for adoption.

Old 12-17-2008, 02:06 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,913,507 times
That is really sad. Unfortunately, it is the ugly side of MANY cities and is not exclusive to El Paso. There are a-holes and abusive owners everywhere. Why on earth this man would want the dog bag is beyond me, other than he wants to dole out more abusive ownership.

These people are a bunch of sadistic asses; pardon my French.

I just adopted a pet from Homeward Bound about three weeks ago. He is a young pup, and hard to control, but is deserving of nothing but the best treatment, as he is now a member of our family. This boy is going to grow into a strong, healthy dog that is and will be totally FREE of abuse and will get nothing but love.

My heart goes out to the person that rescued this dog off the street. You are to be commended for having a compassionate heart for our furry friends.

Last edited by Synopsis; 12-17-2008 at 02:46 PM..

Old 12-17-2008, 02:11 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,913,507 times
BTW, below is a picture of the dog that I adopted just a few weeks ago. He is a 7 month old (now 8 month old) Rat Terrier named "Marco."

Old 12-17-2008, 02:58 PM

135 posts, read 224,067 times
This may be my animal loving and no-nonsense sides over-reacting, but truly, if anyone deserves a visit from our less than peaceful friends that have been going at it on the other side of the border, it's this a-hole.

A dog (or cat etc) is not a person, of course, but abusing something that is even more helpless than a person should be treated as an offense the same as doing the same things to another person. And then the balls he has to come back with a suit... people like this waste precious resources like air and water that other better people could be using, not to mention i'm sure he's not trying to teach his children (God forbid this jerk has any) any better, and so the cycle will continue. Too bad we're too PC in the US and can't go Singapore-style justice on his stupid a$$. I bet at least 80 lashes with the nice bamboo cane would change his attitude towards truly defenseless beings and maybe even teach him some manners in the process.

Old 12-17-2008, 04:40 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,950,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
BTW, below is a picture of the dog that I adopted just a few weeks ago. He is a 7 month old (now 8 month old) Rat Terrier named "Marco."
He's Cute Syn. Looks like my Little dog Courage... aka Puppy Love, aka Scrappy Doo.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:53 PM

271 posts, read 809,642 times
It's just a shame you can't beat stupid out of people. Puppy mills need to be outlawed and people need to quite buying from them. Go to a shelter and look at all the dogs needing a home and it will break your heart. All of our pets are rescue animals and I wouldn't trade them for any pet store dog out there. As far as the guy that wanted to sue the nice lady I have a feeling he'll get what he deserves.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:33 PM

18 posts, read 33,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSP View Post
On one hand, I want to say El Paso "tries" to educate the population about spay/neuter programs, microchipping, etc. but on the other hand, I am disheartened when I see the number of animals the city euthanizes every year. Over 25,000....

The city supports, by allowing, two pet stores that sell puppies that clearly come from puppy mills. I'd venture to say most people living here don't even know what a puppy mill is. Backyard breeders are rampant, never to improve the breed, but to put a few dollars into their pocket. They have little regard for their animals well being and overall health, don't care where the puppies go or who they sell them to.

I work in rescue, and know first hand, up close and personal, the heartbreak of irresponsible pet owners, BYB's, and those who use dogs for fighting. I also know the flip side - the satisfaction of seeing an animal get his/her "forever" home. Please, save a life, adopt a pet in need.
I try to link up with an animal rescue group wherever the Army decides we are going to live next...will be there this summer - I mostly do transports - but would love to help anyway I can. Let me know who I should contact - thanks.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:02 AM

206 posts, read 535,019 times
Man with dog should be nuetered...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso