Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2009, 06:10 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,949,702 times

Advertisements

I have a friend who needs some dental care, but is currently unemployeed. He does get unemployment and wants to see a dentist that will except payments.. I dont know of any so I thought I would ask the knowledge base here to let him know.

So does anyone know of a Dentist that will take payments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 08:35 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,265,276 times
Default Not likely

Hey there Muhnay... as you know I don't live there, so I can only offer my opinion, and it is not good.

Whereas there may be clinics that will offer to look at a patient for no money (social service type place), the problem will be getting an appointment. Your friend will have to compete with the others who need work done that have no insurance. Come on, you know El Paso, how many do you think fit the bill?

You cannot blame dentists for not accepting payments, because they will fix the situation, but may not get paid. I'm not insinuating your friend is like this, I'm just pointing out why dentists and other doctors do not accept payments as a rule.

We have a long history with our dentist, and so he will accept payments from us, but he has all our medical history for the last 10-15 years, and knows us and our kids by name. Obviously he has access to our insurance as well, but for things that are not covered, he will take payments.

Now for the part I think is sort of funny, but only because I am saying it to you of all people.... your friend should go to Juarez! Seriously, if he can go during the day, he might find a dentist who will do the work cheaply. Hopefully he won't have to dodge bullets, knives, or nooses.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:39 AM

756 posts, read 1,999,557 times
Maybe DR. Muller(sp) off of Dyer?
My kids like him alot and we have tricare but there has been times when tricare would not pay it and he let me pay him on payday.
do not know if that helps but he is the only one that Ihave been to.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:29 AM

67 posts, read 301,497 times
Juarez, or 50$ Ill pull his tooth out in my garage. $25 if I accidentally break it in half.

Old 01-08-2009, 03:09 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,135,058 times
I do A LOT of business with Dentists and (nowadays) most offer a line of credit. It is similar to a department store charge card. So your friend would have to qualify for the credit but then he would be able to make payments.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:34 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,955,492 times
Many dentists have application forms and accept CareCredit.com - enter your Zipcode into website to find local participating dentists

Old 01-09-2009, 12:54 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,493,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
I have a friend who needs some dental care, but is currently unemployeed. He does get unemployment and wants to see a dentist that will except payments.. I dont know of any so I thought I would ask the knowledge base here to let him know.

So does anyone know of a Dentist that will take payments?
Contact Texas Tech Family Medical Center (I think that's the name). They have a dentist on-site at the Thomason location and they will work out payments for dental work done.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:30 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,949,702 times
Thank you everyone.. I told him about the carecredit.com thing and about Thomason..

Old 01-09-2009, 07:03 PM

524 posts, read 1,369,475 times
My tooth broke while I was eating in Tokyo Japan..and right then and there I knew I had to see my dentist in Juarez...so when I went back to DFW..I called my dentist and immediately went within a few days..my problem was a root cananland he was able to do it for a fraction of the cost of what it would have been here in US!.I have had both US dentists and Mexican dentists..and my current dentist who is on Mejia Street in Downtown Juarez is the best I have had..I have been going to him for 15 years..and will continue to go to him..but right now Juarez in in the midst of a drug war..and most people are afraid to go there...I am NOT ..I still cross over, buy my groceries and then come back like always...but it is up to you if you want to take the risk

Old 01-16-2009, 10:25 PM

16 posts, read 56,460 times
Default Help

I just loss my crown who is a good dentist here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso