Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 08:22 AM

270 posts, read 626,422 times

Advertisements

It could the abused spouse scenario, where the spouse although calling the police, attacks the police because they are arresting the offender. Unfortunately although I agree they need help and tougher measures, we need to clean up our own corruption along the border and throughout the U.S. The only difference is that US politicians are more clever and hide the corruption better while the Mexicans are blalant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 09:45 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,952,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
'You sure you don't have me confused with someone else? I don't ever recall disagreeing with you on this topic, but I could be wrong, I'm no where near posting as much as you, but I have a few!
I may, there are so many people who come and go.. say this or that.. ya know. Agree or Disagree its all good friend.

Quote:
If Mexico "collapses" it would not be good for the whole region. Then the border would have to be militarized North/South Korea style.
That would be a bit difficult to do Lipbalm. But can be done.. good thing were already building a fence.. lets start on that WALL with tower post every few miles.

Moderator cut: see comment

Last edited by Bo; 01-19-2009 at 08:45 AM.. Reason: It's OK to disagree, but don't belittle or insult other members for having opinions that differ from yours.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:17 PM

Mug, this is my country and love it enough to give it 21 yrs of active duty and 18 yrs of Fed civil service. There is corruption in EVERY country and the people should do the best they can to eliminate it and it's not done by burying your head in the sand. One only needs to read newspapers. This forum is set up for ALL comments and healthy debate not comments that only agree with yours. Talk about whinning, look at the property owning thread you started, looking for Utopia? Moderator cut: see comment

Last edited by Bo; 01-19-2009 at 08:46 AM.. Reason: It's OK to disagree, but don't belittle or insult other members for having opinions that differ from yours.

Old 01-15-2009, 03:36 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,442,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luplor View Post
Mug, this is my country and love it enough to give it 21 yrs of active duty and 18 yrs of Fed civil service. There is corruption in EVERY country and the people should do the best they can to eliminate it and it's not done by burying your head in the sand. One only needs to read newspapers. This forum is set up for ALL comments and healthy debate not comments that only agree with yours. Talk about whinning, look at the property owning thread you started, looking for Utopia? Moderator cut: see comment
I agree that there is corruption everywhere, but from experiencing it on both sides of the border I can tell you that the Mexican version is much, much worse. In fact it's been ingrained into the very fabric of Mexican society, it's an accepted way of doing business (public and private). In the U.S. it's more subtle, and only in certain situations. Trust me, the corruption in Mexico is destroying that country, which is where I was born.

Last edited by Bo; 01-19-2009 at 08:47 AM.. Reason: edited to match original

Old 01-15-2009, 03:56 PM

Lipbalm, corruption varies by degree and country and the people suffer from the greed. I have lived in or visited in many countries, there are others in worse shape.

Old 01-15-2009, 05:48 PM

756 posts, read 1,999,796 times
I have to agree with luplor.
We need to worry about our own country for awhile in stop worry about other people problems, we do not know how to manage our own government how can we ever manage theirs.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:48 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Well -- now the latest:

Juarez vigilante group claims it will kill one criminal every 24 hours - El Paso Times

People fighting back! Sounds like a positive move.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:26 PM

756 posts, read 1,999,796 times
I hate to say it but Good for them.
It is about time they got mad enough to do something.

Old 01-18-2009, 09:15 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,268,391 times
Default More news...

Drug wars making Mexico one of the biggest security risks | Front page | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6217903.html - broken link)

Old 01-18-2009, 09:47 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,025,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well -- now the latest:

Juarez vigilante group claims it will kill one criminal every 24 hours - El Paso Times

People fighting back! Sounds like a positive move.

I wonder how the cartels would react to this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso