Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 12:49 PM

23 posts, read 130,229 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the post. I am remarrying next July, and plan to move from Salt Lake (Ugh) to the El Paso area- Santa Teresa to be specific. Love it there so far! I am trying to find a good school, academically strong and with a good Girls High School Basketball Team. Any thoughts on this out there??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 04:49 PM

272 posts, read 1,062,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calmeg29 View Post
Thanks for the post. I am remarrying next July, and plan to move from Salt Lake (Ugh) to the El Paso area- Santa Teresa to be specific. Love it there so far! I am trying to find a good school, academically strong and with a good Girls High School Basketball Team. Any thoughts on this out there??
Loretto is a private all girls school with very high academics. Don't really know how good their basketball team is though.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:18 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,612,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calmeg29 View Post
As for a public school on the west side with a good girls program is Franklin High.

Old 01-28-2009, 03:19 AM

143 posts, read 327,515 times
I agree with the ggod things about El Paso on this thread. My main problem with El Paso is having a front yard that's full of rocks!

Old 01-28-2009, 07:36 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,677,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyButler7000 View Post
I agree with the ggod things about El Paso on this thread. My main problem with El Paso is having a front yard that's full of rocks!

Just be glad you have a yard at all. There are parts of El Paso where they're packing in apartment buildings next to apartment buildings, rows and rows of them, not much space or yard at all.

In some of the older neighborhoods, the front yards with rocks are quite nice - and the backyards are green and lush. The advantage in that is you don't have to worry about cutting the grass where people see it, and how you have your backyard doesn't concern them.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:01 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,870,474 times
Quote:
So put a few desert plants here and there if you think it looks too stark!

I put in 3 Silverado Sages last summer (I'm in Alamogordo)....3 cacti and 5 smaller agave plants. They're still small, but they'll add a nice touch when they get bigger.

Once mature, they won't need watering more than once a month, if that much! Forget mowing, trimming and watering!! If I didn't have dogs, the back would probably be mostly desert landscaping, too.

I have a small lawn in back (24 x 60) and I HATE mowing it.

Old 01-31-2009, 06:19 PM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,118,738 times
Quote:
Your front yard full of rocks doesn't just have to be rocks.....here's mine....it has so many native plants you can hardly see the rocks.
Attached Thumbnails
Why I like El Paso-front-landscape.jpg   Why I like El Paso-landscape9.jpg   Why I like El Paso-landscape14.jpg   Why I like El Paso-spring-garden-07-008.jpg   Why I like El Paso-tx-laurel.jpg  

Old 02-01-2009, 09:42 AM

3,857 posts, read 6,955,492 times
Quote:
I plan to move to the El Paso area- Santa Teresa to be specific. .... I am trying to find a good school, academically strong and with a good Girls High School Basketball Team.
Santa Teresa is in New Mexico. The only high school is Santa Teresa High. I don't know anything about their academics or sports programs. Santa Teresa High - Home (http://www.gisd.k12.nm.us/education/school/school.php?sectionid=19& - broken link)
If you want a choice of El Paso public schools you'd have to live in Texas.

Old 02-01-2009, 12:59 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,135,058 times
I will keep this short but thank you ZSP. Thank you for those pics. Some people on here act like they can't do anything to improve their surroundings. Great pics and great job on your landscaping.

Old 02-01-2009, 03:34 PM

524 posts, read 1,369,475 times
I love El Paso because I have fond memories of her while growing up there..the people there are the nicest in the world..I know what I am talking about...I have been to Europe< Asia and 40 states..when I had a flat in EP while visiting my parents there..5 cars offered to help me..when I got a flat here in the metroplex..no one stopped and I almost got run over at least 7 times..thank God for AAA...so El Paso...I love you forever!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
View detailed profiles of: