Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 10:41 AM

3 posts, read 5,228 times

Advertisements

Mr. Moody,

I, personally, have never had the pleasure of meeting you. However, I do have friends and family that have, and they always tell me about how helpful, and understanding you are.

I'm in a bind right now. That bind has to do with the, what I believe has to do with, the Texas Family Code. To sum up the story, My 2 year and 9 month old daughter has an STD. I have been working with my lawyer for some time now, and we are doing everything possible for her to end in my custody. But as of right now it doesn't seem to promising nor, does it seem very fair.

The reason for my letter is not for you, to get involved with my specific case. Nor am I asking for legal advice. What I need from you, and your fellow representatives, is to please (when I say please, I mean I'm begging) for you all as our voices to fight at legislation, to improve and HELP fathers, not only in El Paso, but across all of TX. It is a shame, that since we don't all have the financial ability to hire attorney's, and that since the "system" has been corrupted by sob stories, and absent fathers. That us, the willing, available, competent fathers, get the short end of the stick.

Recently I attended a cooperative parenting class, in which they teach us how to get along with the other parent. This class is required by court, so that I can begin visitations with my daughter. I am made to sit in a class, with a bunch of angry women, and WILING fathers, just because my daughter's mother, decided to disagree with the order of access set forth by the courts.

I agree with the courts giving us a "standard possesion order" but I do NOT agree that when a "mother" says no to that order. Us willing fathers are to do all kinds of, excuse my language, bull**** classes.

I also HATE with a passion, the fact that my daughter has an STD, that was contracted while living in her mothers house, but CPS still left her with her mother, and placed her in her "step" grandmothers home "until further notice". All because I didn't have a piece of paper, with the seal of the court, stating that I was a competent father, because my ex/daughters mother, said so.

To keep this short, the texas family code, and the court systems, are outdated, and retroactive. They believe a "mother" is the safe bet for parenting. What they don't realize is that now-a-days the willing fathers, far outweigh the unwilling, and that its time for change.

Can you PLEASE or better said I'm begging YOU to help ME, AND OTHERS IN MY SITUATION, with this outdated, cenile system.

I don't know if you have children, or if you are married. In the event that you are, how would you feel walking into a court, and knowing that no matter how much you love your child/ren, that no matter how much they love you. You are going to be looked at with disgust, and profiled, just because YOU are a FATHER.

I will be posting this in forums, and blogs. Along with a letter to the press. If not you, i beg that someone help us out in this battle.

Sincerely,

Vicente R. Santaella
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 10:54 AM

756 posts, read 1,999,412 times
Good luck to you and may God be with you and your fight for the right to be a father to your kids.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:09 AM

479 posts, read 1,293,826 times
I hope you get help with this ~ it is sad when dads who are trying soo hard to do the right thing, and take care of their kiddo's get treated unfairly.....................

Old 04-09-2009, 12:50 PM

430 posts, read 1,339,307 times
I wonder what the other side of the story is though. Nothing is black and white.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:26 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard View Post
I wonder what the other side of the story is though. Nothing is black and white.
Yes we didn't hear the other side of the story - but sometimes things are black and white, but not always of course.

It's terrible if mom was letting things happen to a baby and there are such women and custody of children should go to the better parent, certainly never to one who allows a child to be abused, or in some cases joint custody works.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:26 PM

447 posts, read 1,579,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard View Post
I don't think that was the point. I think the point was how unfair he was being treated as a father. There might be more to the story or not but I agree with him that sometimes fathers are automatically the loser in court.

Old 04-10-2009, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeguy View Post
I don't think that was the point. I think the point was how unfair he was being treated as a father. There might be more to the story or not but I agree with him that sometimes fathers are automatically the loser in court.
I have to agree. I have seen a couple situations myself where good dads get treated as if guilty already and have to "prove" their mettle as a parent ~ and moms are innocent and you have to "prove" that they may not be putting the childs best interest at heart.

Yea, there are some dead beat dads out there but that can go both ways...........

Old 04-10-2009, 08:05 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
I also believe that more often mom's live-in lovers are the ones abusing children than are their fathers.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:17 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
First, good luck dad. Yes, fathers are at a disadvantage when parents split, but things are improving, just like womens equality is improving. I do also see the side of the poster who said, we have only heard one side of the story.

If all dad has written is true and there is nothing much more to the story, lets hope he can get custody. It sounds as though this poor child isn't getting a fair shake..What a way to start a life..

Nita

Old 04-10-2009, 08:32 AM

yea its so sad for the KIDS especially :0(
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
View detailed profiles of: