Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 08:47 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,628,085 times

Advertisements

El Paso Congressman Reyes is reporting that on top of the $5 billion expansion that's going on at Ft. Bliss that another $107 million is coming to the military post for facility improvements etc..

U.S. Representative Silvestre Reyes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 08:56 AM

756 posts, read 2,000,428 times
Thats good to hear.
I wonder were they are going to put most of the money.
I hope toward medical care for us, this is still the worse medical treatment I have ever seen for a post this size.
I take my kids off post every chance I get, I seen to many mistakes at wbmc to want my kids treated there.
So I hope a lot of it goes to treatment and care and updated care.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:10 AM

With all that money being put into the base maybe that is why they are making it hard for some people to leave here.
I know people that have been here for well over 3 and 4 years and they have been trying to move for over a year but they can never get out it seems. I have been told this is one of the hardest post to leave..........I hope not.
I have noticed that most of them are ADA maybe that has something to do with it.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:13 AM

SouthernBliss....if you check the link that i posted just scroll down towards the bottom and he lists exactly where the money is going too.

It looked mostly like money for repaving roads and for new energy upgrades i.e. new HVAC, Doors, Windows, Elictrical, Lighting and Solar panels etc..

Old 04-29-2009, 09:25 AM

Thanks a while back people were being stop in the px and asked were would the money be better spent medical,roads,housing,parks,out door,cheaper prices and most of the answers I heard was medical care.
I know thats what I said.
It just seems with this many people coming in they would want to have the best care for them.
My son has ADHD and when we 1st moved here I did not think it was a big deal.........he takes vyvance once a day.
most of the dr. did not know what it was and not one of them could give it so he goes off post to a dr. every so often.
They do not carry it a wbmc so I have to go to walgreens to get it.
This is the 1st. post that I have been to that does not carry vyvance and will not be getting it anytime soon.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbliss View Post
Thanks a while back people were being stop in the px and asked were would the money be better spent medical,roads,housing,parks,out door,cheaper prices and most of the answers I heard was medical care.
I know thats what I said.
It just seems with this many people coming in they would want to have the best care for them.
My son has ADHD and when we 1st moved here I did not think it was a big deal.........he takes vyvance once a day.
most of the dr. did not know what it was and not one of them could give it so he goes off post to a dr. every so often.
They do not carry it a wbmc so I have to go to walgreens to get it.
This is the 1st. post that I have been to that does not carry vyvance and will not be getting it anytime soon.

That didn't sound good about the medical issues at Bliss. What about the new hospital that they are supposed to build on East Bliss as would that help in the future for the post?

Old 04-29-2009, 09:52 AM

1,004 posts, read 2,705,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
El Paso Congressman Reyes is reporting that on top of the $5 billion expansion that's going on at Ft. Bliss that another $107 million is coming to the military post for facility improvements etc..

U.S. Representative Silvestre Reyes
Wow! What a lot of wasted money that could go elsewhere!

Old 04-29-2009, 10:04 AM

I have not heard anything yet on the new hospital but I hope it does well and meet most of our needs.
I do not think anyone expects them to do everything for us but the basics would be nice.
They will not order medication for you and I have never seen that till I came here.
I have to go off post for a bout 70% of my kids medical needs and that is a shame.

Old 04-29-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbliss View Post
I have not heard anything yet on the new hospital but I hope it does well and meet most of our needs.
I do not think anyone expects them to do everything for us but the basics would be nice.
They will not order medication for you and I have never seen that till I came here.
I have to go off post for a bout 70% of my kids medical needs and that is a shame.
One rhing that is kinda a bummer is ol' mr muhnay getting booted from here. I know he made many people mad and also him barking at the different moderator's wasn't too cool as i understand and respect the CD TOS however the dude was a vast wealth of info when it came to Ft. Bliss as he was in on the scoop on everthing there that i miss sometimes .

Old 04-29-2009, 11:39 AM

LOL!! I know It miss him, he always knows what going on a bliss and that was handy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
View detailed profiles of: