Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2010, 03:22 AM

3 posts, read 10,659 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,
I am an international student from Taiwan. Beceuse I found the Miner Village is little expensive for me, I do plan to live off-campus and move in an efficiency or one-bedroom apartment on July 20. I need to find a place to live in El Paso for the incoming year. Can any of you reccommend an area or complex or anything near UTEP? Thank you very much in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2010, 08:10 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
I hate recommending places because I don't know your tastes - but you can often find apartments in older homes in Sunset Heights and there are apartments that don't cost too much and are in convenient locations such as on Mesa. They give good bus discounts to students so anywhere along the bus routes would work as well as anything within bike riding distance. There are some apartments right near UTEP - on Shuster.

Old 04-10-2010, 09:11 AM

Default Thank you

Thank you so much. That's very helpful!

Old 04-10-2010, 12:15 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,704,417 times
Miner Village "is" cheap. Apartments outside this area are a bit more expensive.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:01 PM

491 posts, read 1,045,868 times
I live in a studio apartment in Sunset Heights and I only pay $310 a month. My only bills are electricity, and the most expensive bill to date has been $35 and the least expensive was $15. Not too bad if you ask me! I should be moving out sometime in July into a 2bdrm, so my studio will become available. If you want to send me a direct message, I can give you more info on the apartment name, location, and the name of the manager you can talk to if you're interested. UTEP is within walking distance so it works out if you dont have a car. Or if you do, you'll never have problem finding parking if you walk to school! Lol. Good luck in your search!

Old 04-14-2010, 07:52 AM

Hello,

I am new doctoral student at UTEP. Thank you very much for your kind reply. I really appreciate your information about housing. I am highly interested in the studio that you have mentioned.

What amenities are included with the rent (Does the studioapartment equip a bed, fridge and stove as well, heater, A/C, cable, and internet)? What other utilities am I responsible for (or only electricity)? What kind of furniture are included in the studio apartment. I do plan to move to an apartment off-campus on July 20, 2010. I am serious about renting the apartment. I really want to rent a quiet place. Do you have any pictures about the studio? Could you give me the mail and name of manager via my e-mail yclinpsy@gmail.com ?

Again, thank you so much for your help. Have a good day!

Old 05-09-2010, 08:01 AM

13 posts, read 41,042 times
hi i was wondering if you could also give me the number to call for a place i will also be moving on june 1 and i need a cheap place.....

Old 05-09-2010, 08:03 AM

hi i was wondering if i could also get the info i will be moving june1 and i need a cheap place i will be going to utep also thank you

Old 05-09-2010, 09:40 PM

hi i was wondering if i could also get the info i will be moving june1 and i need a cheap place i will be going to utep also thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
View detailed profiles of: