Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How Bad Will Tuesday Be For The Democrats
Loss Of Less Than 25 Seats. Not That Bad At All 4 7.41%
Loss Of 25-50 Seats. Bad But Not Terrible 12 22.22%
Loss Of 50-75 Seats. A Major Creaming 29 53.70%
Loss Of 75-100 Seats. A Horrible Terrible Awful Night 6 11.11%
Loss Of More Than 100 Seats. Total Death 3 5.56%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 08:18 PM

22,205 posts, read 19,490,239 times

Advertisements

Pick up of the 2 vacant seats, 39 Dem held seats, Dems pick up 5 GOP held seats. Net gain +36 for the GOP

Senate a pick up of 5 seat losing 1 to an Independent who will Caucus with the GOP (Murkowski)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2010, 08:22 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,695,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
We all know the Democrats are in for a big time whuppin come Tuesday. The only question is how bad will the whuppin be. 105 House seats are consindered "in play" by the Cook Report Place your bets:
Somebodies is La La land here. Counting their chickens before they're hatched!

Old 10-31-2010, 10:30 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Somebodies is La La land here. Counting their chickens before they're hatched!
and are you saying the Republicans are not going to make huge gains? Talk about living in la la land?

BTW, no one is saying they will take over 105 seats, that is saying there are that many that could swing. Of course that many will not.

Nita

Old 10-31-2010, 11:21 AM

5,286 posts, read 6,224,555 times
I have to ask- how is a fifty seat loss considerred not that bad according to this poll?

Granted- Dems picked up about 20 seats they have no business holding when McCain's numbers collapsed and AA turnout soared in 08. But even then, the next 30 are straight up losses.

FWIW- I picked 25-50 because I think the number will be 50 but coud go 55. If this election were a month ago I think it would have been higher.

Old 10-31-2010, 12:28 PM

516 posts, read 376,298 times
According to the most recent polling there's no slowdown in the breakout away from dems. Only a couple operatives (like Dick Morris) talked about upwards of a hundred seats. Seems like most thinking by accurate pollsters as of today is 50-55 is the lower end. We'll all find out Tuesday but it's safe to assume if the republicans don't gain 435 seats that it will be spun here and on the leftwing news channels as a major loss for republicans.

Old 10-31-2010, 04:04 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 5 days ago)

52,711 posts, read 48,010,235 times
I don't just predict a win for Republicans on Tuesday, I guarantee a win for them. This is just the beginning. Approximately 60 seats will change that way.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:41 PM

22,205 posts, read 19,490,239 times
I will go somewhat against the grain and predict the Dems to hold the House (albeit barely)

House, GOP pick up both vacant seats, 41 Dem held seats, Dems pick up 5 GOP held seats.

Net Gain +38 for GOP. 219-216 Dems

Senate GOP picks up 6 seats, AR,IN, IL ND, NV, WI. 51-47-2/ 53-47

Still feel Sestak will be able to pull it off, Bennet will barely hold off Buck

Gov

GOP picks up IA, KS, ME, MI, NM, OH, OK, PA, TN, WI, WY

Dems pick up CA, CT HI, MN, VT

Ind pick up RI

29 GOP, 20 Dem, 1 Ind

Old 11-01-2010, 09:59 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,573,632 times
I'll straddle the fence between a creaming and a brutal terrible night; I'll go with 65+ new Republicans in the House, 8 or 9 new GOP Senators, and at least two dozen new GOP governors.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:49 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,795,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Progressives mainly the Democratic party, are not the only Progressives in town.

You don't realize, we the people, have not run the show, for 100 years.

Influences and planning by the Soros types, have placed and pushed Progressive candidates into the Republican party, to get there agenda passed no matter what party holds office.
Ending freedom as we once knew it, while pushing the government controlled utopia.

The tea party is a movement to remove the Progressive ideas out of the Republican party.
If there were an ounce of truth to what you were saying you would not have been demonstrating all over the place. You'd be parked at GOP HQ until it was made right. You might have even had the GOP charter amended. That's something I would have supported. INSTEAD what you've done is undermine legitimate debates with utter gibberish and heaping piles of negative ads making a bigger cesspool. It's consistent with the BS you were pulling within your own party prior to Tea, only now you're outted. Every chance you had to shut down the voice of dissent against expanded executive power, against the patriot act, against torture, against habeus corpus getting watered down, illegal wire taps... there's a long list of crime- spat in their faces and laughed like a spoiled rotten child.

Progressives didn't 'infiltrate' conservative ideology. They adopted some of it for themselves and now this justifies going on a warpath with conservatives and progressives agreeing on anything? You'd just assume deny conservative ideology? In other words, it is YOU who are not conservative. You've rebranded conservative as neocon and that hideous monstrosity is what Tea is defending. YOU alienated moderate voters from voting republican. The kangaroo has made chumps out of you. He's using your vote to sell out your own country all the while making you convinced you're protecting it. His plan puts transnational corporations in control of sovereign nations and that runs so against everything we are constitutionally that I'm afraid you'll have to live it out on your own dime by yourselves or leave. You're blaming your problems on Soro's to distract yourselves from the fact that you opened that pandoras box selling America a pig in a poke deregulation. How is his money enabled through writ to wield an entire political party? Better still, ALL parties? Still applauding citizens united, are you now?
There's no way I'm willing to abide your new world order anymore than I'd abide the liberal version you describe and I don't require Alex Jones scare tactics to know that without doubt. I see no point in politely smiling along with your delusions of persecution, I don't care one whit for your disrespectful conniving LaRoche tactics and I'm not afraid of my second amendment right either. Don't test me, you won't like the outcome.

In this painting you crafted where ideas are something to fear, how is that compatible with free society? This painting where liberal utopia (which I agree 'utopia' is a slippery slope) is perceived as IDLH only to respond to it in a way which makes your deeds defined as fascist? Have you ever noticed conservatives selling their own version of utopia? How about that Reaganomics utopia that made so many citizens who went along with it wretch so hard? Ever feel compelled to address that? I think Andrew Bacevich does a very good job getting real and perhaps you'd do well reading some of his work. Unless you consider anyone who doesn't think exactly like yourself must thereby default into progressive/ liberal category. I'd be very very careful who you declare war on trying to redefine yourself.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:19 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,924,900 times
Republicans will takeover the house but fall short on the senate. If they take the senate then that is some swing in just a shorttime and means a severe shifti the countiry to the right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections