Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2010, 04:51 PM

63 posts, read 37,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What gives you the right to determine that she is a true patriot?
He attitudes, her outlooks, her beliefs DEFINE her as a true patriot. We merely recognize that earned status in her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 04:51 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,341,453 times
I hope she runs, especially since she has around an 80% disapproval rating.

Old 11-19-2010, 04:54 PM

68,393 posts, read 54,660,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Who is 1/2 white and 1/2 black, and not any kind of American.
Really?

Please do explain.

I musta missed the bulletin that we had newly appointed arbiters of just what constitutes an American, please do list your pedigree along with your credentials.

Old 11-19-2010, 04:56 PM

68,393 posts, read 54,660,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyfourth View Post
He attitudes, her outlooks, her beliefs DEFINE her as a true patriot. We merely recognize that earned status in her.
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, another self-appointed judge of patriot status. How can you tell? Did she show you her little lapel pin or did she give you the secret handshake?

Old 11-19-2010, 05:03 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,199,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyfourth View Post
Why don't you get specific? C'mon...give us the insightful, wise and profound quotes of Palin on the issues that are relevant to Americans today. Let's have the links that give us a window into her great ideas and her solutions to the problems that face the average American. Let's have 'em. Put them out there for all to see.

One thing your posts prove...Palin's platitudes and empty rhetoric has influenced you to do the same.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:17 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,613,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
The way people feel about Obama right now - she probably could. The only hope for the Democratic party is if they get Obobo the Clown out of the center ring - Hillary would be a definite improvement. Seriously, though, I do not want to see Sarah run. We need Romney's financial expertise to get us out of this country's financial mess (his Mass. health care fiasco aside). Marco Rubio as V.P. - most definitely.
Obama is pretty close to 50/50 approve/disapprove. I don't know what America some of you posters live in sometimes, but boy I'd love a pair of your rose-colored glasses.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:18 PM

19,023 posts, read 26,038,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Cool.

How many times did you vote for Bush?
Twice, the first time on a hope, the 2nd because there wasn't any choice.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:21 PM

19,023 posts, read 26,038,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Obama is pretty close to 50/50 approve/disapprove. I don't know what America some of you posters live in sometimes, but boy I'd love a pair of your rose-colored glasses.
Not me. I didn't need any cheap sun glasses to see the poser for what he is. 13 trillion, in the dark of night deals. As was said decades beore anyother black can run and expect to stand a chance to win.

This obama has un-done in 2 year what MLK did in 40. Is there anyone that isn't a crook under his wing?

Old 11-19-2010, 05:35 PM

24,644 posts, read 38,756,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I don't think Sarah Palin said it, as the O.P. states, but the American people did, in at least one poll that was recently conducted.

Why do you say "pseudo-patriotic"? She is more patriotic than most of the liberals posting on C-D, who are America bashers.

What gives you the right to determine that she is not a true patriot? She is popular because she believes what the majority of Americans believe. She is as patriotic as the come.

You, obviously, were not "taken" by Obama. Who did you support (I understand if you don't want to tell me)?

What gives anyone the right to determine who is or who is not a "true patriot?" Loving America, or wanting the best for it, does not require blindly ignoring the very real problems this country has. What is an America-basher?

Old 11-19-2010, 05:36 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,808,412 times
Although America sorely needs a visionary, seeing Russia from the back porch in '08, and the White House from the front porch in 2012, doesn't really qualify.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections