Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with my 2012 prediction?
I agree 21 65.63%
I don't agree (why?) 11 34.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 11:05 PM

25,021 posts, read 28,037,400 times

Advertisements

My prediction for 2012 is going to go like this. Straight ticket voting aside, I'm predicting with the current GOP lineup, Obama will be a two-term president in 2012. You have McShame kissing Obama's a$$ at every opportunity, a nobody from Minnesota, some guitar player, some nitwit with a really annoying accent (I know it's blasphemy for some on here but it must be said), Mitt RomneyCare (how's he gonna sell RomneyCare to the GOP who's against ObamaCare?); and Ron Paul who, let's be realistic, is not going to be elected no matter how good and authentic he is.

Ron Paul aside, it seems like the powers that be are setting up the opposition for failure, just like they did with McShame in 2008, and John Kerry in 2004. Kerry's performance was so bad, it was pathetic and McShame's seemed to mirror Kerry's in badness. I think both of these elections were rigged, and 2012 is going to be rigged as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 11:10 PM

334 posts, read 189,227 times
If Trump makes it, I'll vote for him. If not, I'll stay home and organize my socks on Election day. Because an election wouldn't make a difference.

Yes, I agree with you. We're dogs, and much like 2004 and 2008, we're gonna get wagged.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeWurkin View Post
If Trump makes it, I'll vote for him. If not, I'll stay home and organize my socks on Election day. Because an election wouldn't make a difference.

Yes, I agree with you. We're dogs, and much like 2004 and 2008, we're gonna get wagged.
Same here. No one on the GOP except Trump and Paul has a chance in hell of winning the election. I think reading more into Romney, I think he's gonna get the boot in the primary in the Southern states, Paul is most likely not going to survive the primaries either because too many neo-cons that eat, sleep, and breathe Fox News 24/7 think he's too kooky. So pretty much if Trump doesn't win, I'm not even gonna bother watching the debates, cause I know that with all of the others, the GOP basically gave the election to Obama. I think Trump has the best chance of competing against Obama but I'm a little worried that his aggressiveness in some of his positions might turn off some Independents

Old 03-07-2011, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Same here. No one on the GOP except Trump and Paul has a chance in hell of winning the election. I think reading more into Romney, I think he's gonna get the boot in the primary in the Southern states, Paul is most likely not going to survive the primaries either because too many neo-cons that eat, sleep, and breathe Fox News 24/7 think he's too kooky. So pretty much if Trump doesn't win, I'm not even gonna bother watching the debates, cause I know that with all of the others, the GOP basically gave the election to Obama. I think Trump has the best chance of competing against Obama but I'm a little worried that his aggressiveness in some of his positions might turn off some Independents
Well that's two votes from PA. The thing is though Trump sucks at diplomacy, lol. I doubt we could make him a 2 term president. However we do need someone who actually understands how to make money running this country for at least 4 years. We just can't take any more grandiose ideas followed by galactic failure. We need an economy that works for all, and not just investors and the filthy rich.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:12 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,081,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeWurkin View Post
Well that's two votes from PA. The thing is though Trump sucks at diplomacy, lol. I doubt we could make him a 2 term president. However we do need someone who actually understands how to make money running this country for at least 4 years. We just can't take any more grandiose ideas followed by galactic failure. We need an economy that works for all, and not just investors and the filthy rich.

The POTUS doesn't need to be a diplomat, he hires them. Diplomats make lousy Presidents.

The past two presidents have been in the pocket of big oil and pharmas. Trump has no stake in big oil or pharma and he's filthy rich so at the very least the stranglehold big oil has on the US presidency would likely be broken or greatly diminished. Whether or not Trump would be immune to the shenanigans of the banksters though is debatable. I'm not sure anyone is beyond their reach.

I'm of the opinion that if anyone can save the US it would be Trump. On the other hand I'm not convinced we can be saved by anyone. If Trump runs he'll get my vote. If not I'll just sit it out and play by ear. As it is I'm registered as an Independent but if he decides to run I'll switch to Republican so I can vote in the CA Republican primaries. If Trump does not run I will remain Indie and raid the Dem primary and vote for the Dem with the greatest likelihood of usurping Obama (Unless of course it should happen to be Nasty Nancy or worse...assuming worse is possible. If she were running against Obama I would actually vote for him in the primaries... yes, I think I threw up a little as I typed that.). I don't really see any Republicans beside Trump and Ron Paul (who cannot possibly win the Republican nomination) who stand a chance against a sitting president no matter how unpopular. Since CA is going Dem anyway, as always, a vote for any Republican except Trump would in my opinion be far less effective than a Democratic vote against Obama. Basically I'd rather see the Faerie Prince of Planet Bizarro, Moonbeam Brown, in the Oval Office than Obama.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:34 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,856,497 times
I agree the current lineup of R's stand no chance against Obama and that will continue to be the republicans problem is they just have the same old candidates running over and over with no clear standout. The R's don't have those "rock star", household name candidates like the democrats do. You can see this is what the tea party were attempting to do with getting new, fresh faces into the party, but their ultra-right wing policies and doing the Koch's bidding have been their demise and are imploding before our eyes.
Trump is the only R that does talk some sense as he is against all the massive offshoring and loans the republicans have been getting from the chinese, plus when asked about the wisconsin attack on unions, he stated he supports Walker for his circumstances, but would not support it nationwide or in a strong union state like new york. His fiscal plan makes him more moderate and that is what the republicans need. Until they completely disown the tea party, stop their childish "ultra right or nothing" stances and return to the middle, they will never stand a chance.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:43 AM

9,916 posts, read 10,872,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
His fiscal plan makes him more moderate and that is what the republicans need. Until they completely disown the tea party, stop their childish "ultra right or nothing" stances and return to the middle, they will never stand a chance.
Were you in a coma during the last election?

Old 03-08-2011, 09:16 AM

910 posts, read 1,682,349 times
I think he will win again if the GOP fails to bring out a good candidate. It will Bob Dole in 96' all over again!

Old 03-08-2011, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I agree the current lineup of R's stand no chance against Obama and that will continue to be the republicans problem is they just have the same old candidates running over and over with no clear standout. The R's don't have those "rock star", household name candidates like the democrats do. You can see this is what the tea party were attempting to do with getting new, fresh faces into the party, but their ultra-right wing policies and doing the Koch's bidding have been their demise and are imploding before our eyes.
Trump is the only R that does talk some sense as he is against all the massive offshoring and loans the republicans have been getting from the chinese, plus when asked about the wisconsin attack on unions, he stated he supports Walker for his circumstances, but would not support it nationwide or in a strong union state like new york. His fiscal plan makes him more moderate and that is what the republicans need. Until they completely disown the tea party, stop their childish "ultra right or nothing" stances and return to the middle, they will never stand a chance.
I don't think it's their association with the Tea Party that is the problem. Unfortunately, they are wrapping themselves up in too many social issues and warmongering and not concentrating enough on making the case of WHY they would make a better fiscal manager of the public purse. The social issues need to take a backseat and the fiscal house needs to be in order. The legality of abortion of what have you doesn't matter to most people if they are out of a job. That's why I'm voting for Trump in the primaries in case he runs. He makes a very good case. I used to be dubious of him, but I think that he's someone Independents can embrace and he has an excellent track record of managing successful businesses

Old 03-08-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
The POTUS doesn't need to be a diplomat, he hires them. Diplomats make lousy Presidents.

The past two presidents have been in the pocket of big oil and pharmas. Trump has no stake in big oil or pharma and he's filthy rich so at the very least the stranglehold big oil has on the US presidency would likely be broken or greatly diminished. Whether or not Trump would be immune to the shenanigans of the banksters though is debatable. I'm not sure anyone is beyond their reach.

I'm of the opinion that if anyone can save the US it would be Trump. On the other hand I'm not convinced we can be saved by anyone. If Trump runs he'll get my vote. If not I'll just sit it out and play by ear. As it is I'm registered as an Independent but if he decides to run I'll switch to Republican so I can vote in the CA Republican primaries. If Trump does not run I will remain Indie and raid the Dem primary and vote for the Dem with the greatest likelihood of usurping Obama (Unless of course it should happen to be Nasty Nancy or worse...assuming worse is possible. If she were running against Obama I would actually vote for him in the primaries... yes, I think I threw up a little as I typed that.). I don't really see any Republicans beside Trump and Ron Paul (who cannot possibly win the Republican nomination) who stand a chance against a sitting president no matter how unpopular. Since CA is going Dem anyway, as always, a vote for any Republican except Trump would in my opinion be far less effective than a Democratic vote against Obama. Basically I'd rather see the Faerie Prince of Planet Bizarro, Moonbeam Brown, in the Oval Office than Obama.
I totally agree!

...but you have to admit, The Donald is an arrogant SOB at times, lol. I know he'd fix the economy, but I have to say the rest worries me a bit.

However, no matter who else was running, I'd vote for DJT in a heartbeat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections