Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 07:25 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,046,144 times

Advertisements

GOP Presidential Candidate Johnson Backs Gay Equality, Legal Cannabis | LGBT Weekly

This guy is fiscally conservative, and advocate of marriage equality and legalization of cannibus, a DREAM candidate. Not a chance that the southern bigots and tea partiers will give him a chance though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2011, 07:41 PM

119 posts, read 363,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
GOP Presidential Candidate Johnson Backs Gay Equality, Legal Cannabis | LGBT Weekly

This guy is fiscally conservative, and advocate of marriage equality and legalization of cannibus, a DREAM candidate. Not a chance that the southern bigots and tea partiers will give him a chance though.
Thank you- I am glad you think of me as a Southern bigot

Old 04-22-2011, 07:51 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,996,786 times
I am supporting Gary Johnson.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:54 PM

20,947 posts, read 19,101,910 times
As long as he votes to repeal obama's agenda, I'll support him.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:04 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,633,541 times
I would need to see more of what he is about before supporting him. That said, it would be very hard for me to support a repub since I quit supporting them when they elected GWB.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:14 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,104,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post

so if someone is living in the south and does not believe in things like legalization of pot or same sex marriege they are bigots? Boy hare you narrow minded. I am glad some of us can keep open minds and realize it takes more than a few views to make someone a bigot. BTW, I do like many of his ideas, but I certainly don't like your generalizing.

NIta

Old 04-23-2011, 09:17 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,104,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I would need to see more of what he is about before supporting him. That said, it would be very hard for me to support a repub since I quit supporting them when they elected GWB.
Guess what? Maybe you need to take a class on civics again: the Republicans did not elect Bush, the country did. One party does not elect our President...

Nita

Old 04-23-2011, 09:22 AM

48,493 posts, read 97,073,212 times
Yep;gay marriage and making pot legal will solve the problems.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:11 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,046,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
so if someone is living in the south and does not believe in things like legalization of pot or same sex marriege they are bigots? Boy hare you narrow minded. I am glad some of us can keep open minds and realize it takes more than a few views to make someone a bigot. BTW, I do like many of his ideas, but I certainly don't like your generalizing.

NIta
I never said that everyone in the south is a bigot, but the clear majority of those that vote southern Republican are most likely very conservative in their views. I don't see how anyone could get away from that. The Republicans spend way too much time campaigning on the social issues (merely to win elections) that keep this country from tackling real issues like jobs and the economy. If Gary Johnson could somehow muzzle this core base of Repub voters as POTUS, maybe some real progress could be made. Of course, Repubs might have a harder time winning elections when they can no longer campaign on demonizing racial and sexual fears.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:47 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,633,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Guess what? Maybe you need to take a class on civics again: the Republicans did not elect Bush, the country did. One party does not elect our President...

Nita
Maybe you need a class again, repubs did put him up to be elected against Gore, he won the primary remember? Then repubs helped Bush to steal the election dispite Gore having won the popular vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections