Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 04:55 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times

Advertisements

Gay Republican presidential candidate Fred Karger gets a rough welcome in southern Utah | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

why are Repubs always such atrocious spellers? Notice how this nutty woman spelled "conservative"? A republican who can't spell "conservative"? What kind of republican is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 05:14 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Gay Republican presidential candidate Fred Karger gets a rough welcome in southern Utah | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

why are Repubs always such atrocious spellers? Notice how this nutty woman spelled "conservative"? A republican who can't spell "conservative"? What kind of republican is that?
Why do Democrats so horrible at using proper capitalization?

As far as this woman - she is a bigot (and, yes, she is also an atrocious speller and atrocious at using proper punctuation...she also couldn't spell "believe" correctly and couldn't figure out that she needed to put a dash in "t-shirt").

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 06-13-2012 at 05:44 PM..

Old 06-13-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Why do Democrats so horrible at using proper capitalization?

As far as this woman - she is a bigot (and, yes, she is also an atrocious speller and atrocious at using proper punctuation...she also couldn't spell "believe" correctly and couldn't figure out that she needed to put a dash in "t-shirt").
you got me on that one. I don't really use a lot of caps on these forums- just another lazy democrat, i suppose. Or do I call myself a "democratic"?

Old 06-13-2012, 05:44 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
you got me on that one. I don't really use a lot of caps on these forums- just another lazy democrat, i suppose. Or do I call myself a "democratic"?
You are a Democratic who supports the Democrat Party.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
You are a Democratic who supports the Democrat Party.
LOL.

Old 06-14-2012, 03:59 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:

Typo, has that dawned on you or possibly dyslexia? The ability to spell has nothing to do with intelligence or education. It can have a lot to do with how the mind ssees things. Does that answer your question? BTW, the women was completely out of line and does not represent the thinking of most Republicans or I sure hope she doesn't.

Nita

Old 06-14-2012, 05:06 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times
If you have ever spent any time in southern Utah, this letter would be no surprise.

The folks down there are still struggling to get used to the 20th century, and we are 2 decades into the 21st. Give them about 30 more years to get used to the new millennium.

Old 06-15-2012, 03:03 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
If you have ever spent any time in southern Utah, this letter would be no surprise.

The folks down there are still struggling to get used to the 20th century, and we are 2 decades into the 21st. Give them about 30 more years to get used to the new millennium.
Certainly isn't the only place that is stuck in the past. I'd venture to say that at least some corner of every state in the USA has this problem.

My home state of Wyoming did a pretty phenomenal job of making me want to pretend I'm from somewhere else. Some poor college kid at the University of Wyoming who happened to be gay got tied to a fence post and then beaten to death just because he's gay. So when the national press shows up, there's all your faithful Wyomingite protesters sporting their "God hates ****!" signs and making me want to reach through the TV screen and strangle them.

Gotta love the Internet. A quick search and I found it: The kid's name was Matthew Shepard. That story alone ought to put Wyoming ahead of southern Utah for epic stupidity. Such a shame.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:50 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
BTW, the women was completely out of line and does not represent the thinking of most Republicans or I sure hope she doesn't.

Nita
Don't worry, judging by the threads on here by conservatives and how they feel about gays, her mindset does represent many if not most conservatives.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:42 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Don't worry, judging by the threads on here by conservatives and how they feel about gays, her mindset does represent many if not most conservatives.
Probably the most narrow minded observation I have seen in ages. I know only a handful of conservatives that are anti gay....and I live in an area that certainly is anything but liberal as you probably know. yes, there are some, there are conservatives that hate blacks as well and we have liberal friends that hate anyone who is illegal even the little kids that never asked to come to America, I know many liberals that don't even like Christians, but I don't generalize and think all liberals hate any one group.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections