Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2011, 06:52 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,664,384 times

Advertisements

Rachel Maddow and Chris Matthews are both leftest, EVIL lunatic MSM BULLY'S....

I never thought I'd speak up for Ron and Rand Paul...but in this case...I do!!!

Maddow and Matthews twist, distort...interupt the guests, trying to stop their train of thought...and make 'them' look stupid. Maddow is a bias skunk, and repulsive in her demeanor.

These 2 dispicable (I LITERALLY MEAN THAT) DISPICABLE trash slingin' Hack's....working for NBC, a substation of the pit of Hell....only live to corrupt our country.

They are clearly part of the MSM Agenda...to destroy American values and standards that made this country FREE and moral.

Last edited by quality guy; 09-23-2011 at 07:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 07:15 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,579,618 times
I agree with Ron Paul, and I bet we have the same reasoning. Let people bankrupt themselves. A business that did that would be done for in days and would likely win a Darwin Award.

Old 09-24-2011, 02:36 PM

73,081 posts, read 62,717,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
See, the thing is this...
It's not about supporting a guy who says "Sure, go ahead and put up a no blacks sign". It's about supporting the owner of the business who wants to run the business according to their views. IF the market rejects it (which, IMO, a place like that would..), it will fail miserably.

The other thing you need to realize, it's NOT just "No blacks allowed!" A black person, or ANYONE, can start a business and rightfully says "NO WHITES". Once again, the market will decide if it's a great business move or not.

I personally will not support any stores that would do that, but I respect them wanting to run their own business the way they want to.
But how does that help anyone progress? This is all a throwback to Jim Crow. This is exactly what I'm trying to prevent.

Old 09-24-2011, 03:37 PM

27,175 posts, read 15,356,275 times
Why would anyone vote thinking "What's in it for me?".

Isn't the question, "What's best for the Country?".

Old 09-24-2011, 05:02 PM

37,956 posts, read 17,900,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Rachel Maddow and Chris Matthews are both leftest, EVIL lunatic MSM BULLY'S....

I never thought I'd speak up for Ron and Rand Paul...but in this case...I do!!!

Maddow and Matthews twist, distort...interupt the guests, trying to stop their train of thought...and make 'them' look stupid. Maddow is a bias skunk, and repulsive in her demeanor.

These 2 dispicable (I LITERALLY MEAN THAT) DISPICABLE trash slingin' Hack's....working for NBC, a substation of the pit of Hell....only live to corrupt our country.

They are clearly part of the MSM Agenda...to destroy American values and standards that made this country FREE and moral.
Who is this and what have you done to qualityguy?

Old 09-24-2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
But how does that help anyone progress? This is all a throwback to Jim Crow. This is exactly what I'm trying to prevent.
Progress is using force to coerce society?
If you want to prevent racism you need to actually do something instead of relying on government to protect you. It is not the role of government to raise people from cradle to grave. It has enumerated duties.
Protest the establishment, go into business for yourself and open up shop next door.
Do you actually think more than a handful of businesses would try to use exclusionary policies and still exist? (I wouldn't call Augusta National Golf Club normal business.)

btw it was government that made those Jim Crow laws you mentioned. Why rely on them? They don't have a very good track record now do they?

Old 09-24-2011, 05:34 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,881,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Progress is using force to coerce society?
If you want to prevent racism you need to actually do something instead of relying on government to protect you. It is not the role of government to raise people from cradle to grave. It has enumerated duties.
Protest the establishment, go into business for yourself and open up shop next door.
Do you actually think more than a handful of businesses would try to use exclusionary policies and still exist? (I wouldn't call Augusta National Golf Club normal business.)

btw it was government that made those Jim Crow laws you mentioned. Why rely on them? They don't have a very good track record now do they?
They were state laws. The federal government came in and forced the state governments who enforced jim crow laws to abide by the US constitution.

Old 09-24-2011, 05:47 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,774,578 times
Oh wow, I didn't know Ron Paul believe in that. What is next, that towns can exclude women from local politics? Such situations like this are jobs for the president to keep in check. I would now be frighten at just the thought of what our society would be like under a Ron Pauls presidency.

Old 09-24-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
They were state laws. The federal government came in and forced the state governments who enforced jim crow laws to abide by the US constitution.
Yes, but how long did that take, 200 years? They sure do move fast don't they?

The Federal government allowed slavery. The Federal government said blacks were free but only equal to 3/5 of a white person. The Federal government broke contracts and stole land from Native Americans. The Federal government put Japanese people in camps during WW2 for the crime of being Japanese.

Old 09-24-2011, 06:46 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,881,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Yes, but how long did that take, 200 years? They sure do move fast don't they?

The Federal government allowed slavery. The Federal government said blacks were free but only equal to 3/5 of a white person. The Federal government broke contracts and stole land from Native Americans. The Federal government put Japanese people in camps during WW2 for the crime of being Japanese.
Yup. And it took another hundred years before the rest of the states fell in line with those amendments. Their populations and their elected officials fought it tooth-and-nail and the National Guard was brought it. So, what's your point? If a government did something wrong in the past, should they continue to do it for continuity's sake?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections