Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 05:07 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,929,317 times

Advertisements

I dont think she has a shot vs. Obama, but she will get the enthusiastic conservative vote.

Like I said before, I dont see how conservatives can call themselves conservatives and vote for Romney in the primary or general election.

She can also raise money and the GOP will think she has a shot at getting the women vote.

Palin is too stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2011, 06:31 PM

910 posts, read 1,678,454 times
She would get the bandwagon "tea party" vote in the primaries. After that, she'd be a no-namer with zero support outside that circle.

Old 05-29-2011, 07:46 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,875,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1987 View Post
She would get the bandwagon "tea party" vote in the primaries. After that, she'd be a no-namer with zero support outside that circle.
only after she got the nomination can you speculate about her outside support. We could have said the same about both Obama and McCain, this time 4 years ago.

Right now I certainly have no favorite: I am bacisally, as I have often said a fiscal conserative and a social libartarian or middle of the road conservative but I am not writing anyone off until I know how they really stand on issues and who all is running. You and others would be wise to view the 2012 election the same way unless you are so one sided that you can't see past your nose.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:20 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,225,583 times
I will just never understand Republicans, they are drawn like flies to the extreme out of touch, social conservatives who just tell them what they want to hear. (Sounds familiar huh liberals)

I guess it will help to separate those who truly advance liberty from those who are hypocrites.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:59 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,929,317 times
Social issues are generally a loser as well.

I dont want anybody telling me how to live my life.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
I will just never understand Republicans, they are drawn like flies to the extreme out of touch, social conservatives who just tell them what they want to hear. (Sounds familiar huh liberals)

I guess it will help to separate those who truly advance liberty from those who are hypocrites.
and the Democrats are not drawn to the left or the majority that post here are not? I think the Republicans are probably more open minded and middle of the road than the Democrats. You think, if anyone thinks differently from you they must be right wing nuts.

Nita

Old 05-30-2011, 07:53 AM

782 posts, read 1,088,439 times
Sorry, I just cannot get beyond her not knowing where The Revolutionary War started. She should know basic history at the very least. It's her job, she is in politics. It similar to a police officer not knowing how to fire a weapon.

Old 05-30-2011, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texabama View Post
Sorry, I just cannot get beyond her not knowing where The Revolutionary War started. She should know basic history at the very least. It's her job, she is in politics. It similar to a police officer not knowing how to fire a weapon.
I would agree with you but did you vote for Obama? If you remember he thought there were 57 states. that is much worse than not knowing exactly where the Rev war started. I have to think and this goes for both sides of the spectrum, we sometimes expect our elected officials to know everything about everything. We forget they get much of the information from speech writers and campaign workers.

Nita

Old 05-30-2011, 08:28 AM

782 posts, read 1,088,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I would agree with you but did you vote for Obama? If you remember he thought there were 57 states. that is much worse than not knowing exactly where the Rev war started. I have to think and this goes for both sides of the spectrum, we sometimes expect our elected officials to know everything about everything. We forget they get much of the information from speech writers and campaign workers.

Nita
What Obama meant was he had visited some of the states twice.

No, I did not vote for Obama. He made campaign promises I knew he could not keep. I am an Independent.

Old 05-30-2011, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texabama View Post
What Obama meant was he had visited some of the states twice.

No, I did not vote for Obama. He made campaign promises I knew he could not keep. I am an Independent.
I think this shows though, that politicians say things and we are inclined to listen to what we want, weeding out the things we don't want to hear, making as issue out of mis quotes and we have to realize, as I said, even Pres candidates don't know everything.

I will add, I am not defending Bachmann, I really have no firm feelings about who I will support, but I do think we all make too much out of spoken mistakes. That one statement certainly would not stop me from voting for a candidate. Even a half dozen such statements wouldn't. It is like Palin saying should could see Russia from her backyard. Of course she didn't mean literally she could see Russia, she was explaining how close Alaska is to Russia.
Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections