Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2008, 02:15 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times

Advertisements

Seems like the RNC is throwing Michelle under the bus and pulling their ads for her.
GOP Pulling Its Ads From Bachmann's Race, Media Buyers Say
Two sources aware of ad buys in Minnesota say that the National Republican Congressional Committee is pulling its media purchases from Bachmann's race. If true, it is a remarkable fall for a congresswoman who, until recently, seemed relatively safe in her predominantly conservative district. The race had become closer in recent days -- the NRCC had transferred funds from Rep. Erik Paulsen (MN-03) to Bachmann a little over a week ago.

Is this just smart on their part and cutting minimizing their risk?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 02:17 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
I can't imagine any rational, thoughful, decent person saying the things she said. What was she thinking??

Old 10-22-2008, 02:20 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,850,710 times
They'll deny it even if true! Yesterday CNN reported that McCain, the RNC and the RSCC were pulling their ads here in CO. Within minutes the McCain campaign called to say that wasn't true, just pulling out of IA and NM.

The funny thing is I haven't seen any Republicans ads in 24 hours except for Marilyn Musgrave, incumbent Congressperson. I'm calling and desperately trying to get her to go on "Hardball".

golfgod

Old 10-22-2008, 02:22 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,809,349 times
RNC is broke.....they can't keep spending money on a candidate that's going down the hill. They have to save seats that can be saved.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:23 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
They'll deny it even if true! Yesterday CNN reported that McCain, the RNC and the RSCC were pulling their ads here in CO. Within minutes the McCain campaign called to say that wasn't true, just pulling out of IA and NM.

The funny thing is I haven't seen any Republicans ads in 24 hours except for Marilyn Musgrave, incumbent Congressperson. I'm calling and desperately trying to get her to go on "Hardball".

golfgod
This is a very interesting side note to the financial state of the Republicans right now. You may want to take it and run with it as thread if you want or if anyone wants. It is very telling and may be the worse news for McCain if accurate.

No cavalry coming for McCain - Jonathan Martin - Politico.com

For the GOP, the cavalry apparently isn’t coming.

Republicans attuned to conservative third-party efforts say that with less than two weeks to go until Election Day, the prospects for any 11th-hour, anti-Obama ad campaigns are highly unlikely.

Many in the party, including inside the McCain campaign, have held out hope that a deep-pocketed benefactor would emerge to bankroll ads in the campaign’s final days — spots that might, for example, resurrect the most incendiary

Old 10-22-2008, 02:29 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
I love it! Tire tracks on Bachmann's behind!

Old 10-22-2008, 02:57 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,062,926 times
That's not under the bus, that is under the bus, the tractor-trailer and a snow plow.

Old 10-22-2008, 03:01 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,850,710 times
tuborgp wrote, from politico;
Quote:
Many in the party, including inside the McCain campaign, have held out hope that a deep-pocketed benefactor would emerge to bankroll ads in the campaign’s final days — spots that might, for example, resurrect the most incendiary
Deep pockets? Last time I saw anyone with real deep pockets they were sitting on the dais with Obama discussing the economy.

I think the people who've been sending money into the RNC woke up this morning feeling like the parents of college kids who found out the tuition check went for bongs and concert tickets. That door is closed!

golfgod
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections