Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2008, 10:06 AM

213 posts, read 520,964 times

Advertisements

A number of Rebublican friends and acquaintances tell me that they think that the State of the Nation is so bad, especially the economy, that the Rebublicans absolutely do not win.

Looking at the choice of Palin and seeing a certain lack of enthusiasm on the part of BOTH presidential candidates I have to wonder.

And to be honest - I don't envy whoever wins. They will inherit a mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 10:10 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,704,647 times
About Palin didn't people wonder about the qualifications of Clinton since he only was a governor who came from a small populated state? Yet, Clinton won his first campaign for president.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:13 AM

213 posts, read 520,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
About Palin didn't people wonder about the qualifications of Clinton since he only was a governor who came from a small populated state? Yet, Clinton won his first campaign for president.

I don't think the issue is governance of a less populated state. I think it is the inability to understand any national or international issues or form a complete or comprehensive sentence about them which is viewed as really scary.

Have you seen any of her interviews?

Old 09-27-2008, 10:24 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,848,828 times
I've wondered several times since Palin was named to the ticket if the Republicans were trying to throw the campaign.

And it could be that they don't want to take the reins with the country in this sorry state right now. I'm sure that once Obama wins the presidency the following will happen:

Any successes the republicans will attribute to Bush.

Any failures will be the fault of Obama with no regard to the mess he is inheriting.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:39 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,380,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastinshow View Post
I have to agree with that.

Ken

Old 09-27-2008, 11:00 AM

1,788 posts, read 3,926,310 times
Hello! When Bush took office he got hit with anything and everything at once! It's part of the job. Yes, the bailout if a huge deal, but if they handle it right, the government could end up turning a profit on this mess. In case you forgot, it is not an easy job.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:05 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,186,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
I've wondered several times since Palin was named to the ticket if the Republicans were trying to throw the campaign.

And it could be that they don't want to take the reins with the country in this sorry state right now. I'm sure that once Obama wins the presidency the following will happen:

Any successes the republicans will attribute to Bush.

Any failures will be the fault of Obama with no regard to the mess he is inheriting.
Yep. I agree.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:56 AM

38 posts, read 46,745 times
I agree. I would not want to be in either of the candidate's positions right now. No matter who wins the election everyone is not going to be happy, but that is life. We just need to hope that whoever gets elected will do the best job that they can and help to make our country a better place.

Quote:

Old 09-27-2008, 11:59 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,869,958 times
I thought about this last night. This is not a great time to want to be president. There is little chance to do anything significant. The next president has a colossal job on his hands. The stress might just send old man McCain down the tubes pretty fast. That's not a ticket I'd want to gamble on.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:59 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,697,547 times
Quote:
I do envy whoever wins because after retirement, they can write books, give lectures and make a ton of money REGARDLESS of their performance as a president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections