Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 02:06 PM

589 posts, read 377,027 times

Advertisements

Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani held meetings with two Republican heavyweights in New York Wednesday in an attempt to gauge support ahead of a potential 2012 campaign.
Giuliani, 67, held separate meetings with two allies -- Texas Gov. Rick Perry and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie in Manhattan.
Perry, who was in town to meet with The Wall Street journal editorial board and address a GOP fundraiser in Manhattan Monday night, met Giuliani for breakfast Wednesday morning while Christie had a lunch meeting with the former mayor.
According to MSNBC, the meeting with Christie came at Giuliani's request as he seeks to sound out the popular governor's advice on a potential 2012 run.

Rudy Giuliani maps out 2012 strategy in meetings with Govs. Christie, Perry - NYPOST.com

I don't think he should..He's moderate but he's good for national security matters, not economics (the main problem of 2012).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 02:40 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,266,311 times
Why is he good for national security matters?

Old 06-15-2011, 02:59 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,619,609 times
As someone commented the last time Giuliani thought he was going to be elected President, "He's running for President of 9/11." No matter what "strategy" he maps out, you can be sure of one thing: whatever he says publicly will be inserted into his one general theme: September 11, 2001. He will be counting on the fact that most people around the country aren't aware of this: by 2001, the majority of New Yorkers loathed him as Mayor; he was one of the worst we've ever had. But by sheer coincidence, he was able to capitalize on the World Trade Center attack and play himself off as some kind of hero.

I should also note that as a registered Democrat, I hope Giuliani actually does launch a campaign. He'll do the Democrats a world of good!

Old 06-15-2011, 03:13 PM

589 posts, read 377,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
As someone commented the last time Giuliani thought he was going to be elected President, "He's running for President of 9/11." No matter what "strategy" he maps out, you can be sure of one thing: whatever he says publicly will be inserted into his one general theme: September 11, 2001. He will be counting on the fact that most people around the country aren't aware of this: by 2001, the majority of New Yorkers loathed him as Mayor; he was one of the worst we've ever had. But by sheer coincidence, he was able to capitalize on the World Trade Center attack and play himself off as some kind of hero.

I should also note that as a registered Democrat, I hope Giuliani actually does launch a campaign. He'll do the Democrats a world of good!
Liar ! Giuliani has been very good for New York, the substantial drop in crime in this city it's from him, he's become an example for several cities around the world about crime issues

Old 06-16-2011, 04:09 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,619,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flize View Post
Liar ! Giuliani has been very good for New York, the substantial drop in crime in this city it's from him, he's become an example for several cities around the world about crime issues
Not true in the least. He fudged all kinds of statistics to make himself look good. His morals are in the gutter. And you don't want to be standing in front of him on a subway platform, because he'll push you onto the tracks and then blame somebody else. You want this man to run for President? I hope you get your wish--mainly because his candidacy will guarantee the opposition a victory.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:48 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,041,341 times
Quote:
Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani held meetings with two Republican heavyweights in New York Wednesday in an attempt to gauge support ahead of a potential 2012 campaign.
Giuliani, 67, held separate meetings with two allies -- Texas Gov. Rick Perry and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie in Manhattan.
Perry, who was in town to meet with The Wall Street journal editorial board and address a GOP fundraiser in Manhattan Monday night, met Giuliani for breakfast Wednesday morning while Christie had a lunch meeting with the former mayor.
According to MSNBC, the meeting with Christie came at Giuliani's request as he seeks to sound out the popular governor's advice on a potential 2012 run.

Rudy Giuliani maps out 2012 strategy in meetings with Govs. Christie, Perry - NYPOST.com

I don't think he should..He's moderate but he's good for national security matters, not economics (the main problem of 2012).
[LEFT]
[/LEFT]
I like Rudy, really I do, since when he was a DA and I was living in the state of NY, but he's an urban guy through and through. What does he know about suburbia, small town and rural America? I don't think he's ever lived outside of NYC. Couldn't vote for him. Tired of us guys not being represented. Did you know Chris Christie still lives in a small town in NJ? Didn't move the family to the Governor's mansion in Trenton? That's a plus for him in my book. He knows small town America not just big city America.

Besides Rick Perry being a proven job creator and holding various leadership positions, he's got my dream background of farm, scouting and military. Perry was the Agriculture Commissioner in his state. He's an "all in" energy kind of guy. Maybe we'd actually have an energy plan and not just be force fed a green one. Put everybody to work on all kinds of energy. What I'd hope is that he'd be able to talk to the average Joe about things that concern us that aren't urban issues. You know, maybe those farmers with water issues out in California could finally get a break. I think we could be a prosperous country under him.

Old 06-16-2011, 03:22 PM

277 posts, read 577,606 times
Quote:
This myth is at complete odds with reality. The book Freakanomics does an incredible job at debunking it.

Old 06-17-2011, 07:07 AM

232 posts, read 221,394 times
Rudy is not a conservative. He exposed himself last year. He needs to give it up. The only people pushing him are the war mongering MSM.

Old 06-17-2011, 01:16 PM

68,333 posts, read 54,437,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I like Rudy, really I do, since when he was a DA and I was living in the state of NY, but he's an urban guy through and through. What does he know about suburbia, small town and rural America? I don't think he's ever lived outside of NYC. Couldn't vote for him. Tired of us guys not being represented. Did you know Chris Christie still lives in a small town in NJ? Didn't move the family to the Governor's mansion in Trenton? That's a plus for him in my book. He knows small town America not just big city America.
Yeah, Christie's just regular small town folk. Which is of course why he has a limo drive him the 100 yards from his helicopter to his son's ballgame

Old 06-17-2011, 05:18 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,922,663 times
Christie is definitely a heavyweight. 350 lb? He must be feeling Presidential already, taking helicopter rides at public expense (until media coverage caused him to pay it back).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections