Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe that same-sex attractions are similar to alcoholism?
Yes 8 8.70%
No 79 85.87%
Not sure 5 5.43%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 11:32 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,626,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
If there is a similarity I'm sure Perry is aquainted with it
Are you suggesting Perry is an alcoholic or a homosexual? Are you suggesting that it would be something to be ashamed of if he was either?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2011, 11:44 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,981,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Are you suggesting Perry is an alcoholic or a homosexual? Are you suggesting that it would be something to be ashamed of if he was either?
There are a lot of rumors floating around that he is bisexual and an expenses report by Texas (allegedly. I've only heard it from a 3rd party source) showed he attended a bar called La-T-Da in Key West, which is a known gay hangout

Old 08-26-2011, 11:49 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,228,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
There are a lot of rumors floating around that he is bisexual and an expenses report by Texas (allegedly. I've only heard it from a 3rd party source) showed he attended a bar called La-T-Da in Key West, which is a known gay hangout
There were a lot of rumors floating around about Obama also being bisexual. If Perry is bi, would that be a problem for liberals?

Old 08-26-2011, 12:04 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,331,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
There were a lot of rumors floating around about Obama also being bisexual. If Perry is bi, would that be a problem for liberals?
No, but the hypocrisy of supporting anti-gay groups while being a closet gay would be problem, IF rumors about Perry were proven to be true.

Old 08-26-2011, 12:22 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,228,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
No, but the hypocrisy of supporting anti-gay groups while being a closet gay would be problem, IF rumors about Perry were proven to be true.
I would be surprised if there were any substance to these rumors that come entirely from the left and are nothing more than the usual smear tactics.

Old 08-26-2011, 01:09 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,758,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The purpose of sex is to create biologically diverse offspring for the purpose of continuing and bettering the species. Since only one man can create a child with one woman at any given time, sex should involve one adult man and one adult woman.
The "purpose" of sex in my marriage was to bring my husband and I closer together. Yes, it resulted in my sons, but that was never the purpose of it.

Old 08-26-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
How about "bizarrely ignorant"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Why, please explain? RP is a Christan and filters things through that world view. We as Christians believe that homosexuality is a sin and to engage in it is sinful. One can exercise self control and not engage in sexual activity with members of the same sex.
Well guess what? I'm Christian myself and I still find Mr. Perry's ideas about homosexuality bizarrely ignorant. "Controlling one's behavior" has NOTHING to do with one being homosexual, heterosexual or bisexual. Or are you one of those who thinks sexual orientation depends on one's sexual behavior? Just as I'm still heterosexual despite being celibate for more than a dozen years, a gay man or lesbian is STILL homosexual if they never have sex with another
of their own gender. Sexual orientation describes the gender of the person with whom you WANT to have sex, not the person with whom you CHOOSE to have sex.

BTW, this Christian does not see homosexuality as any kind of 'sin'. What I consider sinful is judging another's life and attempting to control anyone's life but my own.

Old 08-26-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Uh.......that might be your point, but many, many people in this world believe that homosexual is extremely unnatural, myself included.
It may well be unnatural for you. That, however, doesn't make it in anyway unnatural for someone whose orientation is homosexual.

Old 08-26-2011, 01:31 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,712,741 times
Quote:
many, many people in this world believe that homosexual is extremely unnatural, myself included.
Yes, that is what uneducated people believe. I'm sure there are some people who still believe the Earth is flat too.

Old 08-26-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
"Basic human treatment and rights" lolololololololo

Gays are treated better in this country than almost any "group." They are put on a pedestal and given special treatment such as "protected class." They profess to want to be treated equally, but if you ever criticize a gay person, just as you might criticize anyone else, you're immediately labeled a bigot. Gays are glorified on television, movies and the media. It is hip and trendy to be gay in this country, and the gay community is untouchable.
Actually, I would think that would depend on exactly what you are criticizing. If the criticism is regarding the fact that one IS gay, then yes, I would call you a bigot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections