Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe that same-sex attractions are similar to alcoholism?
Yes 8 8.70%
No 79 85.87%
Not sure 5 5.43%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 11:04 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,212,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
To him, it's a choice because that is his experience of trying to fight off his own self loathing urges. Any person who is honestly heterosexual does not have a problem with gays. It does not bother them because they do not think about it. Obviously, Perry does not fall in this category.
I know a lot of honestly heterosexual guys who have no problem with gays... every chance they get.

So, from my experience, you're saying there's a lot of self identified heterosexual guys who haven't admitted to their tendencies or you really just don't know what yer talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2011, 12:46 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I may not always agree with you on politics, probably never, but you are right about gay/straight. Why can't people (both sides) get over it?
I am sure gays will "get over it" as soon as they share the same rights as the rest of America.
Casper

Old 08-25-2011, 12:58 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,647 times
Quote:
I may not always agree with you on politics, probably never, but you are right about gay/straight. Why can't people (both sides) get over it?
People can't....and won't ''get over it''....because moral people know it is WRONG,.....and unacceptable....and civilized people will always stand against homosexual activity.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:57 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,515,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
I am gay and I can agree, gays do need to "restrain themselves"......but, straights need to learn the same thing. What someone does in their bedroom, living room, kitchen floor, backseat or random staircase or elevator, is NO ONES BUSINESS, and really doesn't need to be advertised.
People know I am gay, it isn't discussed, they just know....some things are obvious without having to ask, at the same time, when I introduce myself, I don't go up to them and say, "Hi my names Jake and I'm gay". Why should ANYONES sexuality be such a big deal. WHO CARES???
This precisely. Pretty much summed up my view on the subject

Old 08-25-2011, 02:18 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
People can't....and won't ''get over it''....because moral people know it is WRONG,.....and unacceptable....and civilized people will always stand against homosexual activity.
So who are you voting for in the election?

Old 08-25-2011, 02:59 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
To him, it's a choice because that is his experience of trying to fight off his own self loathing urges. Any person who is honestly heterosexual does not have a problem with gays. It does not bother them because they do not think about it. Obviously, Perry does not fall in this category.
I know a heck of a lot of heterosexual men and women that would argue with you on this one> Do you have any studies that indicate true heterosexuals have no problems with gays?

Obviously Quality Guy has a problem with them and I doubt he is gay..

Nita

Old 08-25-2011, 03:06 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I am sure gays will "get over it" as soon as they share the same rights as the rest of America.
Casper
Casper, you totally misunderstood my remarks, I didn't mean for gays to "get over it" I meant all this crap about I am gay, I am straight, So and so is gay, so and so is by: that is what I meant. I happen to have a lot of gay friends, many of my clients are gay, my bosses are and my foster daughter is: none of them spend their time constantly on the subject of straight versus gay. They have all matured past that stage in life. I might add, they are all professional and successful in their fields.

Nita

Old 08-25-2011, 06:25 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Civilized people will? Then why does the entire civilized western world support gay rights and same-sex marriage, and the entire barbaric, uncivilized world (Middle East, Africa, etc) oppose it?

Are you claiming you stand with Islamic theocracies?

Seeing as I know for a fact you don't understand the first thing about God, Jesus, or the Bible, I'm just going to assume your hatred of gays is based on your own personal struggles with the issue.

Old 08-25-2011, 06:29 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
I know a heck of a lot of heterosexual men and women that would argue with you on this one> Do you have any studies that indicate true heterosexuals have no problems with gays?

Obviously Quality Guy has a problem with them and I doubt he is gay..

Nita
While I'm not sure there is any statistical proof, I really don't think the number of conservatives, republicans, pastors etc. that spend most of their lives spreading so much hate and lies about gay people only to end up admitting they are themselves is a coincidence.

I'm sure there are heterosexuals without those inclinations who hate gays merely due to lack of education, not knowing any gay people, and a very bad understanding of a religious text, but there is an awfully strong correlation between anti-gay attitudes, and hidden same-sex attractions.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:16 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Civilized people will? Then why does the entire civilized western world support gay rights and same-sex marriage, and the entire barbaric, uncivilized world (Middle East, Africa, etc) oppose it?

Are you claiming you stand with Islamic theocracies?

Seeing as I know for a fact you don't understand the first thing about God, Jesus, or the Bible, I'm just going to assume your hatred of gays is based on your own personal struggles with the issue.

Telling the truth about the sin of homosexual ways is not hatred. Of course....those who seek to distort and deflect the truth....try to label anyone who speaks out against homosexuality....as a hater. Perhaps, if you meet your Creator, and let HIM reveal His position regarding homosexuality.....you might be able to see clearly...and not spew lies about other people's factual comments....as mine are.

Romans Chapter 1 is God's position regarding homosexual lifestyle. HIS Word leaves no doubt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections