Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe that same-sex attractions are similar to alcoholism?
Yes 8 8.70%
No 79 85.87%
Not sure 5 5.43%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 08:37 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,074,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
those girls had to be attracted back to you...
the point is two people of the same sex being attracted to one another, where the sex doesn't produce tangible "mistakes"
I suppose it's safe to say that same sex attractions exist and are normal and healthy and such actions are governed by different sets of rules for making decisions on whether to do it or not..
If the only thing holding you back back then was getting her knocked up.. imagine if you were attracted to Jim or Bill.. and it could just be a lovely connection and you both live happily ever after or walk away with smiles on your faces? rules for engagement are different in that case wouldn't u say?
to say NOT TO DO IT even if that is what you feel... what grounds? if that is a natural consentual connection you feel? something logical and sensible has to be applied here rather than religion or you just don't like the idea therefore nobody should be doing it...
Maybe I misunderstood you regarding same sex couples, you are after all, clear as mud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2011, 08:40 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
What "unnatural sex" are you talking about? The whole point is there is NOTHING "unnatural" about two homosexual men or two lesbians enjoying sex together.

The purpose of sex is to create biologically diverse offspring for the purpose of continuing and bettering the species. Since only one man can create a child with one woman at any given time, sex should involve one adult man and one adult woman.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:44 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Getting back to the subject of the thread, based on Gov. Perry's writings on the subject that he care what you or anyone else does for fun. I agree. It's none of my business, except when those who would promote the gay agenda seek to force the rest of us to grant unnatural unions the same acceptance as the natural.
How can you call gay unions "unnational unions" when there are plenty of examples in the animal kingdom of same sex sexual encounters? Who's pushing the so-called "gay agenda" in the world of dolphins, orangutans, and zebras?

Homosexual Activity Among Animals Stirs Debate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosex...ior_in_animals

Old 08-26-2011, 08:49 AM

37,964 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
From the book, On My Honor by Rick Perry, 2008:

Rick Perry Compared Homosexuality To Alcoholism, Condemned ‘Radical Gays’ For Promoting ‘Gay Lifestyle’ | ThinkProgress

I'm not sure whether to think of his statement as ignorant or bizarre - or both.

If anyone here agrees with him, please explain why. I'm sure it will lead to an intellectually stimulating discussion. (Ha.)
Why do a president's views on gays even matter? If he is ignorant of the gay lifestyle, big deal. Its not as if a president can outlaw being gay.

Look at abortion for example, we have had presidents who were pro-life, and abortion is still legal. What if Perry hates rap music, are people afraid he make it illegal too?

Old 08-26-2011, 08:51 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,098,854 times
Hmmm, that's a tricky question. Does an alcoholic know that he is one? Many are in denial. Many homosexuals do not think that there is anything wrong with their behavior. Obviously someone can exercise self control and not engage in homosexual activity, but if they do not think that there is anything wrong with it, why would they?

Old 08-26-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
My take is Mr Perry is in denial.

He really should accept who/what he is and live his life.
Cool story bro. I find your ideas interesting and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:53 AM

37,964 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
How can you call gay unions "unnational unions" when there are plenty of examples in the animal kingdom of same sex sexual encounters? Who's pushing the so-called "gay agenda" in the world of dolphins, orangutans, and zebras?

Homosexual Activity Among Animals Stirs Debate

Homosexual behavior in animals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
So.... packs of gay wolves, or gay mallards mated for life? Or are you trying to say gay men are nothing better then animals, when it comes to pleasuring themselves?

Old 08-26-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
How about "bizarrely ignorant"?
Why, please explain? RP is a Christan and filters things through that world view. We as Christians believe that homosexuality is a sin and to engage in it is sinful. One can exercise self control and not engage in sexual activity with members of the same sex.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:
What "unnatural sex" are you talking about? The whole point is there is NOTHING "unnatural" about two homosexual men or two lesbians enjoying sex together.
Uh.......that might be your point, but many, many people in this world believe that homosexual is extremely unnatural, myself included.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I'm not an alcoholic so maybe a sober alcoholic can chime in and answer a question for me.

Once sober for a few years and happily living a sober life, does the compelling urge to consume alcohol go away? I am a former smoker but quit in 1969 and after about 2-3 months I never again experienced any urge to light up. Is it the same for a sober alcoholic?

Having asked the question, I'll go ahead and say that sexual urges are with us well into advancing years, whether one is having sex or not, and the sexual pathways in the brain are not the same as the addiction pathways. While technically correct that actions, whether sexual or otherwise, are choices we make, placing sexual attraction into the same pigeon hole as alcoholic addiction is simplistic and incorrect.
Now you're gonna make me hijack the thread, thanks. lol I never understood why someone who hasn't had a drop of alcohol in over twenty years still refers to themselves as an "alcoholic" yet you never hear someone who quit smoking years ago call themselves a "smoker" despite nicotine being the harder habit to kick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections