Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 01:38 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
How can anyone support Rick Perry?

What has he done? Honestly, how has helped the Texas economy?

I live in Texas, and I'll be the first to tell you that Rick Perry doesn't do anything in this state. In a strongly conservative state he is a very hated individual.
ok, let's start with the push for Tort Reform, certainly you approve of that don't you? ok, Tort reform has little to do with the economy, but it certainly is a positive step forward. Unless, of course you are an attorney..

NIta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2011, 01:45 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
ok, let's start with the push for Tort Reform, certainly you approve of that don't you? ok, Tort reform has little to do with the economy, but it certainly is a positive step forward. Unless, of course you are an attorney..

NIta

haha, you started.....and ended...pretty fast. Not much there, is it?

Old 08-28-2011, 01:50 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
Quote:

NIta
Of course I'm in favor of that but that isn't enough to compensate for the bad things he's done like the mandatory Gardasil vaccine and the sneaky way he sabotaged the state legislature who was getting ready to restrict the TSA pat downs in Texas airports.

I could only imagine as president how he'd together with the pharmaceutical companies dream up a pandemic and then force every American to stick their arms out and take some horrid vaccine.

I'm sure people can use their imaginations and conjure up worse nightmares on their own.

Old 08-28-2011, 02:17 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,281,921 times
Quote:

NIta
Oh really, so you don't credit the actual author of the bill with that? I'm sure the representative in Conroe would be very annoyed about your crediting Perry with that...

Especially since W was the one really pushing for Tort reform here in Texas (before he became president)

Old 08-28-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Oh really, so you don't credit the actual author of the bill with that? I'm sure the representative in Conroe would be very annoyed about your crediting Perry with that...

Especially since W was the one really pushing for Tort reform here in Texas (before he became president)
what is it that sets you off, are you really worried that he might get the nomination? It seems if someone mentions the job creations in Texas you and a few others say all the jobs he created were min wage or he had nothing do with the creation, it was all the Oil and Gas industry...Within no time you are mentioning the every girl having the vaccine, how wrong that was, but you are forgetting he signed the bill but I am not sure introduced it, now you are saying all he did was sign the bill for torte reform??Which is it, he did nothing but sign bills or he only created min wage jobs and wanted every young girl to have a vaccination that many think was wrong. You can't have it both ways.

Nita

Old 08-28-2011, 05:34 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,281,921 times
Quote:
what is it that sets you off, are you really worried that he might get the nomination? It seems if someone mentions the job creations in Texas you and a few others say all the jobs he created were min wage or he had nothing do with the creation, it was all the Oil and Gas industry...Within no time you are mentioning the every girl having the vaccine, how wrong that was, but you are forgetting he signed the bill but I am not sure introduced it, now you are saying all he did was sign the bill for torte reform??Which is it, he did nothing but sign bills or he only created min wage jobs and wanted every young girl to have a vaccination that many think was wrong. You can't have it both ways.

Nita
That's just the way it is. We can all pretend Perry did something to create jobs in Texas-- but we would be lying.

I'm just trying to set the record straight-- you can't equate Rick Perry with job creation. Which is pretty much what Perry will try to build his whole campaign around. Does that make him a liar? Yes...

Old 08-28-2011, 06:05 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,879,750 times
Quote:
That's just the way it is. We can all pretend Perry did something to create jobs in Texas-- but we would be lying.

I'm just trying to set the record straight-- you can't equate Rick Perry with job creation. Which is pretty much what Perry will try to build his whole campaign around. Does that make him a liar? Yes...
You can pretend Rick Perry has no record, sure... you can try to distance him from the jobs record in Texas. You can say "I'm just trying to set the record straight" til you are blue in the face, but it doesn't make your statement any closer to the truth. People will continue to equate Rick Perry to job creation in Texas. That's just how it works; he's closest to the job creation, far closer than any other candidate. You own the record of your state/country, whether it is good or bad.

Bottom line, no one else in the race can point to a record like Perry's -- presiding over one of the world's largest economies for 11 years, running a state which created 40% of the new jobs in the entire country over the last 2 years, balanced budgets, low taxes, etc.

Since the others can't lay claim to anything close to that, their strategy is to deny or marginalize it. An understandable tactic, but a weak one nonetheless.

Old 08-28-2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:

But what you are not getting: for all those who say he didn't create jobs, there are as many saying he did, but they were min pay jobs. He either did or he didn't, you guys can't have it both ways.

Nita

Old 08-28-2011, 11:32 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
Quote:

The governor needs to sign the bills before they become law. He'd get the credit for signing it and not vetoing it or not doing what he did with the TSA bill and telling the Senate they would need to water it down to where it was meaningless before he'd sign it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections