Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 11:55 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times

Advertisements

By the most 3 important issues to Republicans, Perry leads Romney:

Business and the Economy: 25% to 19%
Government Spending and Power: 31% to 17%
Social Issues and Moral Values: 38% to 15%

Ron Paul is closer to Romney's numbers than Romney is to Perry's numbers so Romney also has to watch out for who is nipping at his heels.

The rest of the candidates are here (second chart down on page):

Tea Party Supporters Backing Perry for GOP Nomination
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 12:13 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
By the most 3 important issues to Republicans, Perry leads Romney:

Business and the Economy: 25% to 19%
Government Spending and Power: 31% to 17%
Social Issues and Moral Values: 38% to 15%

Ron Paul is closer to Romney's numbers than Romney is to Perry's numbers so Romney also has to watch out for who is nipping at his heels.

The rest of the candidates are here (second chart down on page):

Tea Party Supporters Backing Perry for GOP Nomination

Laura, folks outside of the Empire of the state Texas...are wising up to the Dangerous Rick Perry.

Like Ron Paul....and Dubya Bush, Perry is an Establishment power-broker.....and Obama is not much worse than Perry would be.

Like Dubya Bush.....Perry likes being a dictator....and Bush woke us up....how horrible that was for our nation....even the entire world.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Laura, folks outside of the Empire of the state Texas...are wising up to the Dangerous Rick Perry.

Like Ron Paul....and Dubya Bush, Perry is an Establishment power-broker.....and Obama is not much worse than Perry would be.

Like Dubya Bush.....Perry likes being a dictator....and Bush woke us up....how horrible that was for our nation....even the entire world.
Oh puh-leeze, give it a rest already. He's in his third term as governor (actually his fourth if you include finishing out Bush's last term), he was elected lieutenant governor and he was elected agriculture commisioner before that. If he was such a dictator would he have won all of those elections since the 80s. He's never lost. And I never saw Bush as a dictator. Can you tell me how he was a dictator?

Old 08-27-2011, 12:55 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,887,517 times
Quote:
Those polls are national, though. So I guess folks are seeing exactly who is scared of Perry and deciding that's probably a good thing. Can't say I blame them. Show me who Washington fears, and I'll show you the true outsider who will change things.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Oh puh-leeze, give it a rest already. He's in his third term as governor (actually his fourth if you include finishing out Bush's last term), he was elected lieutenant governor and he was elected agriculture commisioner before that. If he was such a dictator would he have won all of those elections since the 80s. He's never lost. And I never saw Bush as a dictator. Can you tell me how he was a dictator?
I'll let this below be a start...don't have time now...to list all other issues as to why Perry is scary. In time...Laura, we'll update the 'DANGER' of electing Perry as POTUSA.

‘Gardasil’ Rick Perry for President?

‘Gardasil’ Rick Perry for President?

theCL 2011-08-11 Activism, Election Campaign, Politics, Video

It looks like Texas Governor Rick Perry will announce he's running for president on Saturday, adding yet another Establishment lackey to the long (and growing) list of Republican candidates.

The George W. Bush administration exploded the size, scope, and cost of government while bogging us down in a $4 trillion quagmire of perpetual war. Other "conservative" gifts (that keep on giving) from GWB include loose monetary policy, a housing bubble, record amounts of debt, the creepy Department of Homeland Security, and TSA agents who molest your mother at the airport. Barack Obama gave us GWB 2.0, and Rick Perry offers more of the same.
C'mon America! I'm starting to think you've grown comfortable in your chains.

Who is Rick Perry?
Rick Perry was elected to the Texas house of representatives in 1984 as a member of the Democratic Party. In 1988, he served as then Senator Al Gore's Texas state campaign chairman during his first presidential run. It was the progressive Republican operative, Karl Rove, who convinced Perry to join the GOP in 1989. ("Compassionate conservatism is a philosophy that is closer to that of the New Democrats than to the Goldwater-Reagan heritage of the GOP.")

Rick Perry is anything but conservative when it comes to taxpayer money. Texas state government debt more than doubled since he took office Dec. 21, 2000.
What about that "balanced budget" he signed? In typical government fashion, it was chock full of accounting tricks:
The first accounting shift was to delay a $2.3 billion payment owed to public schools in 2012-2013 by one day, so that the bill isn't technically due until 2014, thereby going into the next budget. The new budget also assumes there will be no growth in the number of school children in Texas, even though it is one of the fastest-growing states in the nation.
Republican leaders came up with another $800 million on paper by ordering the Legislative Budget Board, essentially the Legislature's accountants, to forecast a faster increase in land values in order to show more property tax income for schools.

Lawmakers also chose to ignore the estimated $4.8 billion extra it would need for the Medicaid health care program because of Texas' fast-growing population and high poverty rate.
Texans used to have a pay-as-you-go system to pay for roads, with zero debt. But after 10 years of Rick Perry's administration, TxDOT is now $31 billion in the hole!
More from Robert Wenzel's first look at Rick Perry:

This citizen sees Mr. "Fed Up" [Rick Perry] as little more than Bill Clinton adorned in Republican clothing.

Rick Perry is also a typical member of the "privileged" Ruling Class.

Click on ABOVE link to continue this article

Last edited by quality guy; 08-27-2011 at 02:00 PM..

Old 08-27-2011, 02:57 PM

Ya boring me, QG, ya boring me.

Old 08-27-2011, 03:00 PM

Quality Guy is lock-step with the current groupthink on Rick Perry. Just google "Rick Perry" and you'll see 9/10 stories about how he is "scary" or "dangerous".

I wish people would take the advice from the other thread and start to think for themselves for once!

Old 08-27-2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Ya boring me, QG, ya boring me.
I didn't notice you trying to defend against what the article says?

This is not about you, LC. I'm here to alert the people of the dangers that lurk ahead....of which R Perry is one.

Old 08-27-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
This is not about you, LC. I'm here to alert the people of the dangers that lurk ahead....of which R Perry is one.
It's fine if you buy into the media groupthink on Perry -- it's easy to just believe everything you read. But you could put a little of your own thought into it.

For example, why don't you let us know who you would prefer? If it's Obama, then it's completely understandable that you'd be afraid. If it's Ron Paul, then you probably shouldn't fear Perry. They are not far apart on several important issues -- especially domestic policy ones.

Old 08-27-2011, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
It's fine if you buy into the media groupthink on Perry -- it's easy to just believe everything you read. But you could put a little of your own thought into it.

For example, why don't you let us know who you would prefer? If it's Obama, then it's completely understandable that you'd be afraid. If it's Ron Paul, then you probably shouldn't fear Perry. They are not far apart on several important issues -- especially domestic policy ones.
I prefer NO one...signed up to run. I prefer ANYONE (other than Paul and Perry) to remove the sitting prez in 2012.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections