Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 09:10 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,925,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Sorry You feel that way some people vote on princple why are you voting.

Getting the nomination of the republican party doesnt mean you are what is best for the country.

There is a civil war in the republican party and for a long time we have gotten terrible examples of PRETEND conservatives, PRETEND LIBERTY LOVERS AND PRETEND America First presdients.

We are tired of PRETENDERS and want something REAL. Putting a stamp of approval on Perry because some people just want anything other the OBAMA and or think they are winning need a reality check.

As long as the media and SOME republicans want to ignore the records and issues and silence the truth we will dig in deeper and support Paul.
they dont think.

they go by what the polls say, which is why perry is leading and not paul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 09:17 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,173,598 times
Ron Paul is great, but I have doubts that he could win the nomination. I'm not a Republican, so I can't vote fo him in the primaries and that's a big part of where his weakness as a candidate lies. Many independents support him, but not enough Republicans.

I think this run is really just paving the way for his son, Rand, to make a run in 2016 if Obama wins in 2012. And to be honest, I think that an Obama win would be better for America than if a fake conservative like Perry won. They both would enact bascially the same policies, but with Obama in office, more conservatives will rise up to oppose his policies. With Perry in office, most conservatives would treat him the same way they treated Bush, like he was one of them, even though he wasn't. And then we'd still go down the same path, instead of turning this country around.

Old 09-01-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Ron Paul is great, but I have doubts that he could win the nomination. I'm not a Republican, so I can't vote fo him in the primaries and that's a big part of where his weakness as a candidate lies. Many independents support him, but not enough Republicans.

I think this run is really just paving the way for his son, Rand, to make a run in 2016 if Obama wins in 2012. And to be honest, I think that an Obama win would be better for America than if a fake conservative like Perry won. They both would enact bascially the same policies, but with Obama in office, more conservatives will rise up to oppose his policies. With Perry in office, most conservatives would treat him the same way they treated Bush, like he was one of them, even though he wasn't. And then we'd still go down the same path, instead of turning this country around.
rick perry you have open borders and the dream act nationwide within 2 years.

media is pushing him and gullible and misinformed conservatives actually believe he is a conservative.

how the hell can you be a conservative and give illegals in state tuition.

juan the border jumper gets a better deal on tuition in texas then me, an american citizen. thats because of rick perry.

hes also another big government spender. texas is 27 billion in the hole.

if texas had no oil it would be a 3rd world country.

im also tired of people putting mental blocks in there heads against ron paul.

quit doing that and vote for paul in 12.

Old 09-01-2011, 09:52 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,173,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post

media is pushing him and gullible and misinformed conservatives actually believe he is a conservative.

juan the border jumper gets a better deal on tuition in texas then me, an american citizen. thats because of rick perry.

What? You have reading comprehension problems or something? I already said that Perry was a fake conservative and that I can't vote for Paul in the primaries, because I'm not a Republican. So what are you gtting on about?

Old 09-01-2011, 10:12 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post

oops, you might feel the media is supporting Perry, but I don't happen to agree, in fact, I think many of them are still pulling for Romney. Of course the liberal media is still behind Obama or no one. I think we will soon be able to tell what is really the story when we hear Perry in a debate. As for the tuition for children of illegals I have mixed feelings. I see both sides or the story. It isn't the kids fault their parents brought them here illegally, in some cases when they were still in diapers, but they are still illegal. BYW, Perry is not in favor of the Dream Act, which is quite different from tuition for the kids.

NIta

Old 09-01-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
oops, you might feel the media is supporting Perry, but I don't happen to agree, in fact, I think many of them are still pulling for Romney. Of course the liberal media is still behind Obama or no one. I think we will soon be able to tell what is really the story when we hear Perry in a debate. As for the tuition for children of illegals I have mixed feelings. I see both sides or the story. It isn't the kids fault their parents brought them here illegally, in some cases when they were still in diapers, but they are still illegal. BYW, Perry is not in favor of the Dream Act, which is quite different from tuition for the kids.

NIta
that illegal one is a deal breaker for me and an anti-american position.

why can an illegal attend fine schools like the university of texas at a fraction of the price i have to pay?

Old 09-01-2011, 11:35 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,460,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post

You can vote for him in the primaries. Just change your affiliation to Republican so you can.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:43 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,460,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

NIta
You may be right Nita. These GOP insiders prefer Romney. Insiders: GOP Would Be Better Off With Romney for 2012 - Hotline On Call

Old 09-01-2011, 09:45 PM

838 posts, read 922,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Yes. I think Perry should endorse Ron Paul after Perry drops out. There is no way the media can build up Perry enough to keep people interested in him for much longer. He's a sleaze.

I think the interview Ron Paul did today with Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday will give him a REAL boost and propel him a lot higher up in polls and generate a lot of new supporters.

There is no way Perry, or any candidate including Obama, could do an interview like that for that long and impress people with his knowledge like Ron Paul can.

Thanks for mentioning Paul's interview with Chris Wallace, now I can look up the video and watch it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections