Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 04:51 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,473,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
I find these women disgusting. If you do not want a child, then practice safe sex? Sure, condom cannot guarantee it 100%, but using one is a lot saving than not using one.
You can also do other things than have intercourse. Unless men are willing to take on the responsibility of being fathers, they shouldn't just ASSUME that the woman is going to take on 100% of the responsibility for birth control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 11:54 PM

838 posts, read 923,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynwood View Post
This past weekend, I was at a social gathering of friends and strangers (in Tampa, not Miami), with mostly 30-something ¨professionals¨.
Maybe because I seemed interesting enough, I managed to get several women to talk about politics, and in particular Ron Paul.

At the expense of keeping this story brief, every single woman that I spoke to felt that it was more important to have abortion clinics conveniently located close to their homes, so that a woman could have one whenever needed.

At the same time, everyone agreed that it was not fair to be forced by Ron Paul to have to shell out hard-earned money to travel to a pro-abortion state to have the procedure done, because that would take away from travel money that could be used to go to Vegas or to the Caribbean or ¨Fill In Blank with Name of Destination¨. These women deserve vacations too, evidently, and spending money on travel to have an abortion procedure done is unfair - especially in these economic times.

All of them said there would be no way in hell that they would vote for Ron Paul, even if they agreed with him on many issues.

Is there anyone who feels that this type of female attitude is not very, putting it politely, ¨inspirational¨??????

To give them a little credit, every single one of them knew who Ron Paul was (a politician), although nearly all of them did not know he was running for president.
Why would they single Ron Paul out and not the entire Republican party. This story hard to read, unreligious young women who think it's ok to kill unborn babies who are to them nothing, their lives are about other trivial things.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:34 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,069,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
So Annie, if you crash into a car with a pregnant driver, and the fetus dies, why are you held liable for manslaughter?
Because choice was taken away from the mother.

Now....if a fetus is a person.....why can't you use them as a deduction on your income tax?

Old 09-01-2011, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Bull, what do you call that little thing that is moving and breathing if it isn't a baby?

Nita
Since when do fetuses breathe?

What do I call that thing that is moving? An organism.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Oh My Gosh! That is horrifying! Did you ask them if abortions were worth giving up their FREEDOM and right to privacy for? Did you tell them that it could very well be the pro-abortion candidates were all such warmongers that we could very well end up with a war on our own soil? Would preventing that from happening be worth the inconvenience of driving to a state where they could get their abortion?

I think you are being WAY TOO generous Wynwood. I wouldn't have given those 30 something women more than a fraction of a credit. Needless to say, did these air heads have the faintest idea of what the Federal Reserve was or who Ben Bernanke was??? I bet not.
Please, tell us why women need to give up abortion to end wars. Why do women need to give up abortion to protect our freedom?

Old 09-01-2011, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I'd be curious on what issues they do agree with Ron Paul.
Seems from your description, they are Obama supporters
through and through.

I'm also curious why abortion would even really be an
issue for a 30 something professional. The patch etc.
would be in use - if you're sexually active and in your
thirties, and your STILL not using birth control - your
a moron.
Because.....there is no 100% effective method of birth control.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
you don't seem to understand ron paul's position on abortion-which is that it is a state's rights issue.

I understand that the abortion issue has been decided by the Supreme Court. There is no reason to turn it over to the states other than to ban it.....one state at a time.

speaking for myself as a woman (and certainly not speaking for ron paul) i would like to know where the rights of those who don't want to FUND abortions come in? where are their rights?

Please, tell me where I can go to get a free abortion paid for by taxpayers.

why do americans have to keep funding other people's irresponsible behavior?

You mean like feeding their children for them? Because they are not responsible enough to feed them on their own? You mean like giving them tax breaks because they cannot afford to take care of their own children without help from the tax payers?

You mean like that?

could we just have a country that rewards good behavior for a change?

i am going to enclose a quote i read in a book by a physician just so people think about the subject of life itself:
I opened the speculum, and saw a tiny pair of white feet, the little legs crossed at the ankles. They were beautifully formed, with impossibly perfect toes. They looked like a little charm you'd see on a person's bracelet, or the pieces you see in a Monopoly set, the tiny cannon, racecar, and top hat. A thin umbilical cord protruded out with the legs. A tiny person, half in, half out of the cervix.

i just wish that we would give more thought to the issue as a country.
Your little quote? It means nothing unless you know whether or not the fetus was viable.

How about I quote someone who has found a baby stuffed into a garbage can or an infant beaten to death......because the mother should have never had a child in the first place?

This issue is being given enough thought in this country.....by each individual woman who makes the decision.....and that is how it should be.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I need to print this copy this and email it to all my friends. you are a poster child for what is wrong with this country.

going to puke now...
........I am getting nauseated myself........at the thought of someone like you making life altering decisions for me.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:37 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,875,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Since when do fetuses breathe?

What do I call that thing that is moving? An organism.
Golly I really don't know? I guess one can have a strong heatbeat, move around, suck its thumb and continue to grow but not be breathing. I must have missed that in science 101.

Nita

Old 09-01-2011, 07:13 AM

4,169 posts, read 4,184,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
You can also do other things than have intercourse. Unless men are willing to take on the responsibility of being fathers, they shouldn't just ASSUME that the woman is going to take on 100% of the responsibility for birth control.
Women has 100% of the control, unless it is a forceful intercourse such as rape.

When my wife said no, regardless how I try to convince her, it is going to be a no.

For example, if you have a period and you man wants it, what you going to do? Most women will say no. But I do know some people enjoy it. They said it is the safest period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections